Increasing the size of the red X on unusable gear?

I was curious if anyone has tried to increase the size of the red X on gear that is unusable? Or perhaps shading the unusable gear to be more distinct. Right now, for me, the little x is hard to distinguish sometimes.

I know I can increase the UI size but there is only so far you can go till certain elements are unusable, like bank mods.

I would just like it to be a little more clear when glancing through my stash.

When that style was first applied before the release, I tried to ask for the same thing. Too many people said they loved it for a change to be made.

I agree, I would like a better way to see what cannot be equipped.

1 Like

In an ideal world there would be an overlay on unusable items in your stash that had the reason why you couldn’t use the item.

Like a big red X and red text that says “LVL: 25 Sprit: 250” or whatever the reason is why you can’t use it. It would also be a toggle so that people that don’t want to see it don’t have to.

Better%20Gear%20PICS

I don’t know. Something like that I guess. That isn’t quite what I was imagining but it is closer than the default one.

I would also like to be able to sort the stash by stats such as Level, Stamina, Aether Damage, etc. I would like an option in the search bar that allowed you to see only usable items like how it searches for items that don’t have what you are looking for. Maybe this last thing can be done in the search bar with the right search entry. I know when looking for double rares I can put in [DR and it will only bring up the double rares. Maybe there is a line that can be added to gear in Grim Internals like it does with Double Rare and MI+ that would could add “Usable” and “Unusable.” (I wonder how I tag people in this post?"

Something that I have been considering for a while now is a way to filter for items that can be used or equipped.
Search for something like: usable
This would not work in the current filter, because it is just a text search.

Something that could go along with your suggestion is some kind of advanced search where you have a list of commands to filter. /rare /mi /usable /consumable

For your larger text and reason why suggestion, I dont think this would work because it covers too much of the image. Also wouldnt work for small items like components or jewelry.

Im fairly good about coming up with solutions, not so much on how to implement them. No idea how modifying the search would happen.

1 Like

My wife was able to make the red way more obvious in Photoshop.

Red%20WARNING%202

@crate ^
I do hope this is would be considered for Grim Dawn or someone’s next mod.

I couldn’t find out how to change the entire background of unusable items but I was able to increase the size of the X mark.

Replace your UI.arc file. Remember to backup!

Download

1 Like