Inquisitor needs a DEFAULT WEAPON SKILL!

Crate,

I wanted to make a PURE INQUISITOR, DUAL-WIELD GUN build, but most of the passive skills/buffs for a pistol build will ONLY proc off a DEFAULT WEAPON skill which for SOME REASON you have not granted the Inquisitor!!! I ask on behalf of all trigger-happy Grim Dawn playing maniacs that you turn RANGED EXPERTISE into a DEFAULT WEAPON skill. Is it really too much to ask? It seems like more of an oversight on someone’s part than anything else. I also believe that on your end this would take nothing more than opening the program and ticking or unticking a box. Am I wrong? Love the game!!! I’ve been playing for over a year now (since Thanksgiving 2022. How GD got past me for that long is BEYOND ME!!!) and it’s one of my go-to’s. Thanks for your consideration. Later!!!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

You can use any of the default weapon attack replacers with Inquistor - Demolitionist’s Fire Strike, Soldier’s Cadence, Shaman’s Savagery or Oathkeeper’s Righteous Fervor. And of course you have the basic weapon attack you start the game with which is also a default weapon attack.

Game is balanced around using 2 masteries to make your class so you’re sort of gimping yourself by just using one.

Thanks for the response, but I’m not looking to dual class the current cast of characters I’m running. And the BASIC WEAPON ATTACK which you begin the game with is NOT a DFAULT WEAPON ATTACK. It does NOT proc anything that procs off of a DWA. The attacks you mentioned (Demolitionist’s Fire Strike, Soldier’s Cadence, Shaman’s Savagery or Oathkeeper’s Righteous Fervor) are not REPLACER’s, they ARE DWA’s. Again, I don’t want to do that, I want to keep the character pure Inquisitor. On another round of characters I will want to dual class, but not this one. Not giving the Inquisitor a DWA must just be an oversight. Thanks.

yes it is

Yes it is. Yes it does. Procs from inquisitor (burst/chill/storm) will trigger from default attacks on an inquisitor whether or not you have taken ranged expertise. Have you got a specific example of something that doesn’t proc from weapon attack?

Anyway, about the idea: lets assume that turning ranged expertise into a default attack replacer is, like you say, just a tick-box, and BAM it is now officially a replacement for default weapon attack. OK. This doesn’t change anything for a pure inquisitor because it is still the same modifier to each of your shots.

What it has affected, now, though, is you can no longer run ranged expertise with Cadence, Savagery, Fire Strike, and all of the granted skill default attack replacers like chaos strikes, mistborn, beronath etc.

So it sounds like you’re asking for something to be done purely to break stuff for other classes. Can’t see it happening.

I’m pretty sure that normal attack can trigger skills with “can activate with default weapon attacks” tooltip. Just tested it.

feel like you might be unaware of item granted skills existing? such that grant DARs?
mistborn, shard of beronath to name a few

it 3000% can :smile: - heck you don’t even need the white sword attack “skill” slotted to make it happen

@UncleCharlie some food for thought

item granted DARs Search - Grim Dawn Item Database

I miss that too.

One solution is to use components that provide skills like the one you want.

Just choose the type of damage and level of your construction.

Thanks for linking this ESSAY!!! I will go through the whole thing when I get the chance. I think my earlier posts/replies suffer from me having just joined the forums and not using the same terminology as everyone else for the skills/spells I am talking about. I’m going to let it go for now and get back to it when I can keep my eyes open. I’m old and right now can’t even bring myself to open the game or read or type any further. Thanks to all for your responses. Hope your weather is clement. UC.

1 Like

Okay, after some sleep I got up around midnight and created a test character. I have confirmed what you all said. The BASIC WEAPON ATTACK (white sword icon) that you start with will proc EVERYTHING for a dual-wield pistol Inquisitor. I think the reason I wasn’t seeing this on the first character was that using the SEARING FRANCIS’ GUN I couldn’t tell the difference between it’s FIREBALL proc and the INQUISITOR’s BURSTING ROUNDS, especially when the BU only proc’s 10% of the time… SUPPOSEDLY. Eventually I raised that up to 17% and it was NOTICEABLY going off a LOT more. I also obtained CHILLING ROUNDS at 17% and… the CARNAGE!!! So, uh… Iron Lore… forget what I originally posted about giving the Inquisitor a DEFAULT WEAPON ATTACK. We’re all good here. It’s almost 2a.m. My alarm is set for 6. Nighters!!!

If you somehow get far enough with monoclass Inquisitor, you can use Shard of Beronath weapon component for trielemental autoattack. Or get all the way to Runebinder set - it has one too.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.