Invincible enemies are still a problem in SR

Build: Druid, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

Notice how my build employs both fire and lightning -rr% devotions. And yet still Brother Segarius, who is otherwise never a threat in SR, takes very little damage. I couldn’t deal enough damage to life-leech, so therefore I couldn’t survive (at least not without kiting him like he’s Callagadra or something.)

In fact, after recording my video, I tested the fight again without using those two aforementioned devotions and he was taking no damage at all. My main source of damage was probably the flat from Mogdrogen’s Pact. Absurd. AFAIK most people only employ one -rr% devotion for Invoker builds, so my devotion path is a best-case scenario for dealing with enemies with high resistances.

I guess I’m just a bit confused as to why this mechanic exists in SR in the first place. Enemies don’t drop loot, so why do they carry loot with affixes?

2 Likes

same reason Fabius carries Notched Bone of a Thousand ass whoopings; to screw with the player and let RNGesus call it a day :grin:

Well, for me - it is the reason I dislike elemental damage based builds - too often even in the campaign there is one / two guys with absurdely high resistance and a 5 digits per hit attacker becomes a 3 digits per hit attacker - and if there are healers you can either skip them or see a tree growing while trying to go for the kill …

Resistances for enemies with gear are not capped like the resistances of the player, or?

Welcome to elemental damage where, a single affix is enough to negate most if not all of your RR.
I would not be surprised, if all the damage you managed to do came from aether/chaos on Arcane bomb and Eldritch fire.

The solution to this is simble.
Slap a -5 to -10% maximum resistance passive to Brother Segerious, Sister Crimson and human heroes in FG and AoM.

Unfortunately, Zantain has not decided to go that route.

On the bright side. elemental builds can look forward to this feature in the next community league :slight_smile: .

Just a few days ago I was thinking whether to make another thread on this issue. Decided not to but might as well drop this beauty in here since I still have it on standby.

The character is capable of doing SR75-80 within timer 4 out of 5 times (would have been 5/5 if not for one real shitty SR80 boss room). And here he is, making is way through the SR tiers for the first time, getting completely negated by a single hero at SR70. This very same hero then cockblocked me on another three occasions within this very same SR70-75 climb, so it’s not like she got supergodly affix rolls once.

IMO there needs to be a cap on how much hero enemies are allowed to overcap their resistances so that your RR can actually do some work instead of just being immediately eaten by the enemy’s 260 % resist overcap (and that’s not even the highest I’ve seen). When this madness gets combined with healers or Ascended Myrmidon shields, enemies start healing/regenerating faster than your 250k+ sheet dps character with 90+ rr can damage them.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.