Iron collecting

Playing my first character. How important is it to collect iron? Where are the biggest spendings?

Found a topic about vanilla in 2016.

For my first character should i pick up everything and teleport every 5 minutes to town?

Yeah, pretty much though you can probably stop getting whites after Wightmire. Crafting costs a bit and also with a first character you may find yourself having to buy gear fairly often if nothing relevant drops for you.

I decided to turn off cloud saving and start from scrach if i can`t find those save. (they must be somewhere).

And even on cloud saving i had 10 characters about level 40. Not further. I just read guides and then i just get tired of them. Not sure which character to develop. Now i`m in dilemma between Primal Stike Vindicator or DW Cold Trikster.

I read somewhere that somebody had to pay 15k iron for one skill point removal. When does that happen if i have to pay only 100 irons?

15k iron bits for point removal is the cap for it. It starts at 50 and increases the more you respec.

About iron bits, save as much as you can because a lot of the endgame stuff can be quite expensive to craft. Not to mention if you want to craft Conduit amulets or Stoneplate Greaves and those are a money sink.

Thanks for advise. How much money do you make in ultimate levels? Is it worth starting to collect iron early if i sell items for 500 iron?

Yes, even in ultimate, item dont sell for much more. Quantity >>> quality in terms of iron.

1 Like

I usually make iron by selling common yellow items in normal. In later difficulties filter them and sell green+.

Iron is especially important for crafts. Crafting, especially relics cost mountains of iron, so very often in past had periods, when I go from 1 million to 10k in a hour :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like