Iron

How DOES one acquire it in any decent amount?

Even farming with yellows included, it takes at least five sets of bags to accumulate 100k.

What am I doing wrong? :rolleyes:

Do you have crucible?

I had a similar problem. I like to tinker with my builds, and most of my toons are at 15k iron to respec one skill point. Constantly broke. So i went on multiplayer and sold legendaries for iron. (plus i made myself stop tinkering)

Doing bounties which reward iron works quite well, and it´s fast.

Btw: picking up yellows isn´t worth it…

If you prefer to go the cheesy way, cause this is one thing I don’t agree with the Devs on honestly, lol… At least when it comes to the same class… I shouldn’t have to create a new “warder” let’s say if I wanted to try a different type of build of the same class. Which is why I found those insane respec costs just silly…

Anyway, ranting aside, get Grim Dawn Defiler:
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9343

It’s a neat little tool, that obviously can pretty much cheese the game for you on a lot of things (so try to avoid doing that, lol), but the best feature I find for this program is the neat little nifty reset “respec points” button back to it’s original cost…

Meaning the costs of respec will go down the cheap 25 bits it is, than go up as you continue to respec. Again, super handy I find if you notice you really screwed up your build and just don’t have enough money to respec things out of it.

Granted, once you stop with the respec costs and solely stick to the farming either via Crucible if you got the DLC, or simply farming Ultimate difficulty the money will add up quickly as others have stated :).

You are picking up yellows. Crucible is fastest gold/hour -assuming you don’t die. In campaign mode picking up only greens and higher (and if you can train yourself to not pick up non-affixed MIs all the better) will let you move faster, kill more bosses, get more raw iron and drops, and your bags will actually fill with stuff that sells for 1k+/item.

If you aren’t picking up yellows to use anymore picking them up at all becomes counter-productive pretty fast for all but the slowest killing builds.

I usually grind cronley route

I usually pick up EVERYTHING. It’s free!!! LOL.

Plays game. Auto-picks up iron drops from mob deaths and breakables. Fully uncovers map. Ignores the whites and yellows on the ground, never picks and sells anything but Greens and Blues etc. Always. Buys only the occasional cheap item, relics as I need them.

Level 30: Usually around 100k

Level 50 or when first difficulty is cleared: 300k to 500k

Booster pack: Do simple Crucible clears on any difficulty, any wave sets (even just 3-4 waves is good enough) to really get some fast iron.

Farm Treasure Troves

Or you could play multiplayer, it will drop a higher amount of iron when killing mobs and opening chest.

Treasure Troves are really not as good as they used to be…

Best bet is what other people have suggested… Believe me the moment you get yourself decent gear and know the good farming paths for bosses and such, the money will add up as you sell those Greens and Blues…

Bounties. And don’t take bounties with areas and heroes you’re not familiar with. Take the easier ones like BL bounties to kill Kilrian, Herald of Flame, Luthus’balok and Bane’gargoth. I usually do BL bounties since i need their rep.

Turn off yellows, use Rare+.

Sell literally everything other than the 15% of items that are maybe worth keeping. Only pickup Rares with two affixes as that’ll have the highest iron multiplier.

Keep epics so you can blow them up and get a decent amount of rare crafting components! Considering how many useless epics you’ll find you’ll end up getting a decent amount of hearts/brains/blood.

As other have said just rush stuff, pick up greens and sell those. You don’t get much more for epics typically, so I find it’s better to blow those up instead.