Is a Bysmiel Grasp cold pet build possible?

Would a Hybrid or pet cold build be possible with Bysmiel’s Grasp?
https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/11677

Druid or possibly Trickster?

Has plus and cold to Iskandra’s Elemental Exchange…so Druid?

What was Zanti thinking when he came up with Bymiels Grasp???

curious how to make it work.

Conjurer. If you want to make a troll build, Druid and Trickster will work. But for general purpose, Conjurer.

Although, I think this scepter is not worth for pet builds. You’re better off picking the elemental dagger which gives a 12% WD bonus to Familiar. https://grimtools.com/db/items/11684

Some pet support was added to the Arcanist to increase build diversity and actually emphasize IEE and Manifestation which was left in the dust for an eternity.

There was some discussion in getting rid of or changing Manifestation which to me was rather ironic in going against one of the key foundations of Grim Dawn when it comes to it’s massive possibilities of builds and even if certain Mastery combinations don’t entirely make sense with the skills chosen you have Devotion and Itemization to really change things up to create unique builds.

edit: If certain items aren’t that great then make a case for them receiving buffs.

I love cold element, and I was hoping some variety such as cold pets could work. I don’t know all the gear as some do. I thought possibly blade spirits with thorns could work.

I’ll keep note of the item you suggested for a Conjurer build.

I experimented with a druid build with this item

Maxed auras with maxed Primal spirit, 2 Briarathons, and chillmane pets - and some spiders
Seems to do OK

around 300k dps on dummy according to Grim internals, but not fully optimised with devotions and components

40+% damage absorption is nice :slight_smile:
And massive energy regen to support chain casting Primal Spirit
Can probably get over 1k life regen as well
18-20k life

could maybe do a hybrid with this setup as there is over 1500% cold damage

weakness is pet healing, so will need to spec for it on the tree and some leech for them

I know it’s SUPER LATE, but I’d be very interested to see what you came up with for the briarthorn cold pet druid.

/2yearoldnecro

1 Like

Very impressive! Thanks a lot for that. I’ve been on a bit of a beastcallers kick recently myself and after making a few very nice successful builds thought that there HAD to be something for cold pets! low and behold a druid none the less. I’m gonna give it a go right now!
:slight_smile: