Is Dreeg's Evil Eye supposed to be destructible by projectiles?

Just curious :thinking:.

3 Likes

Don’t know if intended but I hope it stays that way.

all projectiles can be “intercepted” by other projectiles, it’s the nature of why projectiles “fragment”

That is the consequence :face_with_monocle:. I would like to know if the mechanic is intentional or not. Another quirk of engine legacy or true idea?

since projectiles have both native and “imposed” fragmentation i very much suspect it’s very much intentional :wink:
whether or not it’s intentional because of an engine quirk/TQ legacy i don’t know,
but i can’t see how the devs wouldn’t be well aware of it and its implications at this point, specially when they themselves then set different mechanics for how various fragments operate “mechanically” in regards to ex skill bonuses and modifiers/skill nodes

ex

(scroll down to the bottom for the part on fragmentation mechanics)

It appeared pretty inconsistent. I tested other similar spells (Stormfire, PRM and Fire Strike), the results are:

1. For Stormfire and PRM - absolute ignoring of enemy’s projectiles;
  2. For Fire Strike - most of the time it collides with projectiles but does not split into Brimstone, sometimes it just passes through. Do not know why :face_with_raised_eyebrow:.

Evil Eye, especially with Rotgheist, catches almost everything (I failed to make it collide with Phantasmal Blades though) thanks to increased radius granted by that set. Did DEE get special “treatment”? :thinking: Also, does it mean that passthrough Dreeg set DEE is much better since you are not afraid of some rogue projectile destroying your life-leech ability?

Dreegs set 4/4 gives a 40% to passthrough maybe you were confused with that?

I meant that, yes. Only 5/5, not 4.

1 Like

I swear at one point Grenado could explode prematurely if it were shot mid-air as well (there was an old bug report + video in vanilla) and sometime later this was fixed and mentioned in a set of patch notes to improve it’s playability. Can’t remember when or in which set of patch notes/where though.

1 Like

I found this topic:

• Area of Effect skills can no longer be blocked or deflected (ex. Grenado, Blackwater Cocktail, Sigil of Destruction, etc.)

Is that what you saw, @Evil_Baka?

No, it would’ve had to be later than that. I didn’t start playing until later than B20.