Is Exterminate a WPS?

Well, that’s why I’m wondering.
WPS usually say “activates off all default attacks”, but usually only they have a “% chance to be used”, whereas other procs have % chance on attack, % chance on crit, or the like.
I am erring on the side of “probably WPS-like”, but I’m not even sure what that’d mean.

Well, Notched Bone of a Thousand Deaths says “activates off of default weapon attacks”, but has cooldown as well. It’s done for balance reasons I guess. And maybe Exterminate’s text just misses that orange text?

1 Like

possibly, but it wouldn’t be the only item with that mistake then tho :thinking:
(never noticed notched Bone had a CD :no_mouth:)

I just tested in game, never saw “Exterminate” proc when attacking dummy with just storm box of elgoloth. When attacking with regular “white” attack, and no other WPS’es I sometimes saw non crits that were around 4times as high in damage suggesting that those came from Exterminate. Those hits were also well separated in time as suggested by the cooldown of Exterminate

2 Likes

Every WPS will specifically say that it has a x% chance to be used whereas standard gear procs have a x% chance on attack. So even if the orange text isn’t there, this is one other way to differentiate them.

2 Likes

waaait… :thinking: so that means we had shield wps before Forgotten Gods? :hushed:
(Fortitude)

Well, yes, kind of, sort of?

Image%20019

Yep, Fortitude existed back then. Not powerful though so the people asking for a mastery with one (me included) still had a reason to. Shattering Smash is leagues above Shield Bash.

1 Like

Why are you using an item from Titan Quest to illustrate your point?

1 Like

thank you! i was going mad trying to find that :rofl:

well yea, mastery wps usually are, specially compared to low lvl relic/item wps
i just find it “curious” it actually turns out we had a bona fide shield skill/wps all this time - i mean it makes sense it’s not been “bigger”/more heavily featured, but still, there it was, tucked away like that all this time :astonished:
somehow i feel the “FG light” of bringing shield skills to the table has diminished a little :disappointed_relieved:

also still makes it puzzling why they omitted the “standard”-nottotallystandard orange flavour text on a handful of wps items then, specially after all this time :thinking:

No idea, maybe someone got tired of typing/copy+pasting them all the time :joy:.

1 Like

It seems you are mixing up procs and WPSs.

If this is included to the item tooltip, then it is a WPS.

No, wps also have a very specific “chance to be used” wording. It seems this is the determining factor for a wps, and the text you mention is optional. There are quite a few wps that break your rule (barrelssmith set wps and level 50 Venomlash wps). Speaking for barrelsmith, I can verify that skills with this wording are indeed wps

1 Like

yea those were the ones i looked at too (and always thought regular procs)

So we have a bunch of buggy item descriptions…

2 Likes

That’ll cheer Zantai up. :smile:

1 Like

My point was that Fortitude relic WPS skill is basically Shield Smash from TQ. And it was activated off default attacks and replacers like Onslaught. So it would make sense for it to be like that in GD too. Maybe the wording wasn’t confusing for me since I played TQ for quite a while.

Should probably report this, or I dunno, call Zantai in here.

1 Like

[Itemization] Item WPSs that lack “activates off of default weapon attacks” in their tooltip - v1.1.8.1

3 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Why do some people have Title behind their nick?

This blew up quickly.
Still, thanks to everyone for the gathering of information - I even got answers for questions I didn’t even know yet I still needed to ask. :+1: