Is there a max crucible level?

I just popped 170 and I wasn’t allowed to go further, but I was allowed to start from scratch or at 150 if I used my tributes. Now granted I am not level 50 yet, so could that be an issue? I went in at 43 and stopped at 47.

170 is the max CR level, yes.

Bummer.

Think there will ever be an increase? 200 sounds good.

1 Like

Unlikely, originally Crucible went up to wave 150 and 20 more waves were added with the first major expansion mostly featuring enemies from it. Don’t think they’d increase it now just for the sake of if it if it means more bloat as it were.

1 Like

Probably not as it would affect balance this deep into the development of the game. You can speed run SR; it’s limitless. I gather you are playing Aspirant? Once your build is max level and polished, Gladiator 150-170 is a good stress tester. I doubt you’ll want to go higher than 170 after that lol.

Yeah, at my level I am just at Aspirant. I just started Challenger and got to 65. Just dinged 48 too. That was tough. So, I guess 170 isn’t bad, especially since I haven’t tasted level 1 of Gladiator yet. I can’t wait too. Crucible is so much fun.

2 Likes

150-170 is really exhilarating, for sure. Also can be frustrating as hell. And that’s just playing it to survive, never mind speed running.

Yeah, it was pure survival passed 150. I am surprised I made it that far. It was fun though, can’t wait till max level with better gear.

1 Like

This can help you if you want to speed-run CR in endgame.

Oh that so outdated. Best way to learn about speed running is to just watch sub 4:30 vids on YouTube and see what exactly they do in every wave with every spawn combo.

1 Like

Cool. Right now I’m happy just to survive the Crucible, especially with Challenger difficulty. Now that will be fun post level 100. But I will wait till I have a properly geared character first. Well, I may test my luck in the mid 90s if I am feeling confident with my gear. But until then I’ll spam aspirant for more gear and the feeling of being top shelf.

Thanks for the feedback, so much help.

1 Like