Is there Amnesty Acid Retal Aegis build?

It seems I can’t find any instances of acid retal aegis build using the 5p of Amnesty sets on this forum. Any acid aegis results I found either using sentinel or daega set. Is there any such build in here?

Funny thing you should ask that, as I’ve theorycrafted one just a few days ago.

It’s kind of a sketch, really, and is a bit rough on the edges. Main problem I see is low phys res for such a build. And that’s with BoD! Pretty low OA as well, so can’t utilize crit damages reliably. Few retal items / devotions provide it in the first place, so there’s that.

I wanted to take it to the big man, but the way I see it, I need some sort of gameplay evidence of this particular build sucking badly, and that’s not gonna happen in any foreseeable future.

2 Likes

Same problem I met, even with retal devotion route build starving elemental, aether, and chaos resist. Build must use Arcanum dust and RF to get decent elemental resist.

Here is something the best I can come up with, still quite low retal damage for a retal build I guess.

At first, I was going for double shuroth and deadly belt for affliction and bat conversion as well trying to reach 22/12 Path of the Three, but change it to something else. Then make some devotion tweak dropping bat to get guardian gaze, and got to reach 2.9k OA (from cunning dump).

I’m wondering if there is something like a minimum number of OA/DA for a retal build? I’m afraid if OA below 2.8k then it just going to miss often, and wasting those %crit damage.

Hm… so yours is more like a hybrid then? Well, I mean, you get a reasonable amount of % acid after all. Otherwise you’d want to leave main AoM skill at 1 point and spend those points in Ascension, Haven etc. Also take 2 points from Retribution, as they don’t provide any % RATA.

But anyway, yeah, low aether / elemental res is a common issue on acid builds. You get like, 500% acid overcap, but nope, no aether res for you, punk. Phys res also makes me wheeze because some AAR caster or whatever can have same amount.

Overall, it can be alright for some SR 65 maybe, but Ravager and Calla would be out of reach for this build for sure. Honestly I gave up on retal quite some time ago, as after constant nerfs it became a torture to play it. But maybe you’ll have better luck, who knows.

upd: almost forgot: for some reason you have Wrathstone in your shield XD

To be honest, I’m a total dummy on making retal build, so when making this my mind keep thinking of a “standard” of my usual build :sweat_smile:

The reasoning behind it because it have flat aether retal and the belt have aether to acid conversion, so I guess it may add more acid retal as the build above can’t convert all physical to acid other than on the aegis, as the skill modifier fully convert the physical part to acid.

Well, it’s not really the goal of this build, would be amazing if it can even drop them to below 75% :roll_eyes:. It’s just the Amnesty set is one of the additions from the FG expac, it’s already old enough but doesn’t seems like there is much thread about it. The most recent and only thread that I can found that specifically use full 5p sets is this, and it didn’t seem that great compared to others retal build.

Ha, you and me both.

Fair enough. Guess I’m expecting too much from blue set, aren’t I? Probably because of influence from peeps killing Ravager with glass-cannony builds XD Yep, seems like Sentinel set outclasses Amnesty by a long shot, which might be intended for all I know, so that’s why it’s not… popular.

1 Like

As the original author of that build, I can completely assert I really didn’t know what I was doing back then - but it was, I thought, pretty good for a clueless noob who hadn’t the benefit of the collective knowledge on these forums and builder’s choice on gear (I certainly didn’t have most purple sets e.g. Sentinel, let alone good MIs). That said, there are still some things that build could do that none of my others could - I cough thought that using buffs and banners in Crucible was “cheating” - and I assumed I had to be able to go naked all the way - this one could hit Ultimate 150 with luck (back when 150 was the limit). Nowadays, I use a variant of that build as part of a 3-team that has gone to SR 120 - but that’s a corner-case for sure.

1 Like