Ishtar - Pet Ritualist

Hey Maya!

Thanks for all the work you’re doing putting together these pet builds. It’s impressive and you’re entertaining to boot~

I have a question for you about your Devotion tree in the Grimtools you have linked for this build. I’m not seeing how you are gaining the 3 chaos affinity required to satisfy both Behemoth and Staff of Ratosh. I’ve dropped one into Crossroads and finished the Bat to accomplish it. Is there something I’m missing? Thanks again!

Edit: Nevermind I figured it out. XD Just requires a lot of re-arranging until all of the completion bonuses are active.

You can go with anything :blush:

Ty for the kind words and welcome to the forums :yum:

Also, sorry for the late reply, but yup, the completion bonuses are the answer. For Chaos affinity, my general go to route is Red Crossroads > Jackal > and go from there :blush:

1 Like

so… any tip on how to level such a character? :slight_smile:

Look in the second post of the thread :stuck_out_tongue:

Maya, what do you think of below devotion Map?
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2E681mV
I changed weapon, dropped Bone Harvest (somehow 21/12 Primal Spirit should do more damage than 33 flat vitality from Bone Harvest). We have Shepherd Crook, Dying God, Ishtak + Tree of Life.
Appreciate if you can check and share the results!

Devotion should work, but you will need to be more careful instead of semi-afk face roll on the keyboard.

Weapon is no good since you do not want to get close to bosses on a pet build. Cryptstalker’s radius needs to be buffed before I can even consider it.

As for Primal Spirit, problem is that we are focusing on the immortality of the Reap Spirits. The Kitty is not immortal and has a large mana cost and cooldown. So in practice, it is not good in here. I would keep Bone Harvest instead since that Flat dmg is spread over 5 of your Reap Spirits and you don’t need to worry about CD or anything dying.

@Maya
Hello i have a question, is there any reason why primal bond is chosen vs master of death?

I would assume its because Primal Bond gives pets % damage and crit dmg , also absorption for you.

Master of Death does that too slightly less pet % damage and adds a bit more on vit pet damage which reap spirit has. Does the damage absorption and crit damage outweigh what master of death gives?

IMO , Yes it does … but then again if you dont have any/much OA on your pets master of death could be better. I havent really tested the 2 much I just typically take primal bond so good question

Other than the competitive damage it provides, Primal Bond offers a tonne of survivability for you via the damage absorption. Sure, Master of Death gives you some flat DA, but when compared to straight up %damage absorption, it falls short.

Master of Death sucks, that is why :stuck_out_tongue:

Primal Bond is the best Pet exclusive bar none. The only thing Master of Death actually offers is some pet OA and player DA. The rest are irrelevant. And both the OA and DA in similar values are easily found on items that spending points and taking up an exclusive slot for it is just a waste.

And if you wish to know how terrible MoD actually is, I have more success with Possession than MoD even though Possession offers no pet bonus. Primal bond doesn’t give resistance, but offers dmg absoption just like possession and much more on top of it to even consider MoD in any scenario or build.

@Maya Thanks man, loving this build and pushing hardcore right now.

1 Like

I’m trying to find a video to see this in action but literally nobody has ever posted one!? Why not?

Build updated to 1.1.8.0 with minor changes (mostly to augments)

Heya, I was just curious how this build is looking after the most recent update? Still up there with Fluffy Squishy? (Also absolutely adore all your content and birbs, maya!)

1 Like

Unfortunately no. Pet Conjurers have been dominating unrivaled, with everything else having been nerfed either directly or indirectly.

In this particular case, the RR nerf to masteries hit harder than it should have. And Vitality dmg requiring all the RR it can get, it means slower killing of enemies + Reap spirits don’t tank well = more chances of the player dying.

It is still powerful in its own right, but not like before :frowning:

Glad to hear that & Welcome to the forums btw :yum:

Thank you for your response and your welcome! I’ve leveled a conjuror using your Pet Guide, and was thinking about starting a new character for a slightly different pet flavor. That’s a shame that RR got nerfed so hard!

1 Like

It still works, just not as well as it used to :frowning_face:

1 Like