Item spawning a rift gate

I’ve been wanting to make a mod for sometime now were I add dungeons to the game. I can never get the world map to open in world editor to do this. I can’t get anything to work.

So I came up with this idea to have an item make a rift spawn that can teleport you to the dungeon instead. Kind of like how the rifts in the the blood grove they just teleport you there, doesn’t open up the rift gate map.

I’ve tried summoning the rift gate by modifying The Heart of the Mountain to let you summon a rift gate instead of chillmane just to get a proof of concept before I tried to link gates together to see if it would even let you teleport into a newly created map.

Now I’m open to suggestions. If anyone has any ideas that are better then this one I’m all ears but I can’t think of any other way to do this.

Please and thank you.

I had the exact same trouble with the Editors not working. The problem was, I’d changed the paths when I set up Asset Manager (I’d created a Working and Build directory). You should never do this, you should always leave them at their defaults.

I ended up having to do a complete re-install and then set everything up from scratch again.

As for your idea, I’ve just learned how to link Riftgates and I’m afraid you’ll need the World Editor to do it. So until you can get the Editors working, you’re out of luck :frowning:

Edit : I’ve just had a thought, if you’re trying to open a .map file in the Editor, it won’t work. The Editor can only read .wrl files. Unfortunately, when you extracted all the GD assets the world001.wrl wasn’t included.

If you want to take a look at the original GD world in the Editor (before the expansions) download this mod [Mod] No Environmental Damage it has the original GD world001.wrl that you can open in the Editor and study (put it in your mods folder, but don’t try to play it, as it is well and truly outdated).

I’d be curious to know if you can open this map in Editor.exe. If you can, then all is well. If not, then it’s going to require more troubleshooting.

I think I my have worded something wrong. My world editor works I just can’t open the games world map

Maybe I could make an item that just teleports you. Kind of like when you die you get teleported back to your check point or the item can summon an npc that you talk to and he opens a rift gate or he teleports you to the duengoun.

I know not if either of those would work.

Have you tried making your own map? These two tutorials are excellent to get you started.

I think everything you want to do is possible. But only in the Editor. Because as far as I know, the only way to link Riftgates is through the Editor.

Good luck :slight_smile:

Thank you but I all ready know how to make a map. I can make a mastery. I can make a skill. I know how to make weapons, armor, and even monsters. I just don’t know how to make a rift spawn a peer. I tried using an item summon one but that didn’t work.