Items can make human heroes and bosses impervious to your dmg type

I’ve just played an extraordinary round of Crucible Gladiator. I’ve spent 50 seconds on killing the boss Sister Crimson with a Paladin build. Usually it takes 2-5 seconds for me to kill her.

I have fire resistance reduction in both masteries, combined fire RR is -124%. The boss i’m fighting has 56% fire res (+15% from the mutator). For comparison, the whole fight against Reaper, Korvan, Durg and Benn took 15 seconds.

I can’t upload a video from where i am now but here are som screenshots:

Start of the fight against Sister, 18:17 on the Ulo buff timer

Middle of the fight

Ending of the fight, 17:27 on the Ulo buff timer

Start of the fight against the whole 165 wave, including two Nemesis one of them being resistant to fire. 17:24 on the timer

Middle of the fight

Ending of the fight, 17:09 on the clock

The problem here is not the huge time loss in particular. It’s the fact that you can meet a monster you basically cannot kill: Sister Crimson with the same items she had in the video would be immortal against a char with lower RR value.

I think, if it’s possible, human enemies should spawn in Crucible and SR without items, with appropriate adjustments to their base stats.

2 Likes

Funny it should be Sister Crimson, ran into her in a boss chunk a while back in SR. Gava was also in that chunk. He has 94% lightning resist compared to her base of 56, and has over 50% more HP. It took at least 4 times longer to kill her (I’m estimating here, felt more like 10 times longer), that’s even considering that I kited a bit with Gava and not with her, and she was taking collateral damage as I was dealing with him. :sweat_smile:

Another idea might be a hard cap of some kind for enemies (maybe removing said cap in high SR where things are supposed to get crazy). Not sure whether it would be any easier to implement though, or what a reasonable hard cap would be. Guess it depends on how much RR players are “expected” to have for challenge content like SR and Gladiator Crucible.

Just not play build with one dmg type © Zantai

4 Likes

This has been happening since the beginning of time, and Zantai is fine with it, IIRC.

Feeling good, huh? Now EAT THIS: [1.1.5.0] Sister Crimson 2:14 (my record).

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Yes, iirc, something about “not being mono-damaging.”

Honestly, I think devs had a choice to make: give up on the whole MI on enemies idea or let this happen. Both MI-ed enemies and occasional invulnerability increase randomness so to some ppl both are actually good.

I think I posted feedback with an idea to remove certain affixes from the pool of those that can spawn on enemies (namely those 75% res magic prefixes) or maybe even remove them completely from the top lvl items (also for better MI farming as nobody wants 83% cold res on endgame gear when it could’ve been a valuable prefix).

But all arguments against randomness seems to fall on deaf ears.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised if mad_lee based Malakor’s character on a real person.

2 Likes

I am fine with it too as it significantly increases the value of % RR; if you don’t have it then you deserve to suffer.

Also, the phenomenon with these fights taking a long time even with % rr may well change or at least become less likely as the affix pool is being adjusted iirc.

Single res affix will be gone, improving the OP situation.

However I don’t think res pairs should be increased in value by much, or at all.

1 Like

My last feedback about this was just closed instanteously by Zantai, lol.

Apparently those Aetherial heroes and bosses have something like 4 or 5 slots for items that they can wear so they can roll some ridiculous elemental overcaps. But devs are not interested in fixing this.

4 Likes

Now i remember i saw this point several times.

The thing is i had some lightning and cold dmg too. But most of affixes have elemental resists. The boss has resistance to all elements and most likely was “immune” to all elements, not a single one. In the video i see that the highest dmg dealt to the boss was from Ulzuin meteors that have some phys dmg on them.

thats the reason why when in ult fg i met 2 korvaak cultist heroes who heal each other repeatedly, i have a frustratingly long time defeating them with my lightning warder, because they’re spawned with items that has huge lightning & elemental resist… and i’ve got lots of lightning+elemental rr already.

this is what makes human enemies sometimes more dangerous than beast/demon/spirit, because human enemies can have gears that offers them random and hard to predict advantages.

its kinda funny though, celestial beings like korvaak can’t wear blue/green/purple tier clothes that enhance their stats.

Btw I wonder why some heroes spawn with gear pieces with so much resistances, considering you don’t directly get their MI items, unlike campaign? :thinking:

They could stop wearing their MI items and have reduced chance of dropping them in loot pool, so that campaign will give you better chance for farming them.

Oh, so actually Z did listen… Sorry for my ignorance up there.

But in truth, if you meet that same MI-ed Sister Crimson again, but this time Prismatic or Resistant roll instead of one of those single res prefixes, it’s only 30-40% res less than what it used to be. So in case of Banana’s video in op and mine in the link, the whereabouts of 280% instead of 320%. Still invincible vs. all rr in the game.

But it will surely improve frequency of such encounters and improve MI farming. I always said that affix pool was bloated. Good decision imo.

Possibly unpopular opinion here, but I kinda think there should be a way for MI gear to gimp you against appropriate bosses. E.g. if you’re using a Rift Scourge Slicer or Dermapteran Slicer, then you should suffer some kind of DPS loss against insectoid bosses, or if you’re wearing fleshwarped armor/shield you should take more damage from Aetherial / Corruption bosses, etc, as they’d be better able to deal with you wielding their own MI’s against them.

Would make certain fights more difficult for certain builds to be sure, and MI’s would suddenly have a downside for those rare cases where they outperform Epic/Legendary gear to absurd degrees (as they easily can with the right affixes in many cases).

2 Likes

As you said, “some.” Not 99.9%.

As ya1 said, some. I wouldn’t advocate for a huge impact; I’m thinking around 1% of whatever the item’s most core property is, such as enemies ignore 1% of the armor from a fleshwarped platemail (no effect on the rest of your armor), the base damage of a dermapteran slicer is reduced by 1% against insectoid enemies (no effect on skill sourced damage), etc. Rings and such might be trickier tho as they don’t currently seem to have a single defining base property that all of them have, especially that would make sense for an easy reduction, but still that should give you an idea of what I’ve got in mind.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.