I've written Some tutorials (with lots of images) how to post?

As I learn how to mod Grim Dawn, I write everything down in a Google Doc (with lots of pictures) so that I can remember what I did.

I thought it might be useful to share these ‘guides’ with the community. But I understand there’s a limit to how many pictures you can post, so I’m just wondering how to do this.

Any ideas?

With the new Discourse forum format we have here, as far as I’m aware, there isn’t a limit currently on how many pictures you can post (you can drag and drop pictures on your computer directly into your posts in the editor). The only limitation is that each picture cannot individually exceed 4MB’s in size.

Posts themselves do have total character limits but it is quite large. The devs would have to confirm the current limit. If you reach that limit you can easily create a new post in your thread to continue.

It was 45000 chars the last time I ran into it.

1 Like

This is great news!

I was reading through the 3DS Max Plugins tutorial and Allminoxy said:

There is another more advanced form of collision - physics meshes, but I won’t go into them in this guide. I will probably break this section off and talk more in-depth about collision and hitboxes in a new guide a some point. Images will also be included, but unfortunately, I’m currently at the 10 image limit for this post.

So I thought you could only post 10 images. I’m a visual learner, so I have a lot more than 10 images :upside_down_face:

Hmm… I guess it depends on whether that quote was written in the past while still on the old forum software or if it was since the upgrade. I admit I haven’t tried reaching any image limits in regards to individual posts yet so currently I am not sure if this is a limit that affects us here and now. You can always try and see if it gives you a flag.

And if so you can always request Zantai to raise the limit or remove it. He can be amenable to requests in such regards at times.

Allminoxy posted his tutorial loooong before the discourse update, it’s probably different now

That’s what I’m guessing too but I checked the guide and it does show that he edited recently, this month, which is why I’m not 100% certain if that was added in after the fact or done much earlier. Probably earlier tho.

He probably edited his post to fix links or something.