Journey Log #01 - Nature's Bounty

Your people start out with a wagon so have clearly invented the wheel already. Implication being they already understand many concepts and technologies. In “real” 1800 times mankind likewise had long since learnt these lessons and managed to add plenty of “variety” to their lives.

1 Like

Sweet some information!

That’s a great point. Many civilizations put first born first, meaning they eat first and their fill. If they were looking for a way to make sense of it, that maybe a good place to start.

Also note this seems a fantasy. So, consider this, is they want to advance technology based on a true timeline, they can build some technologies that are of the same centry as one development. Meaning the entire centry could be played out, as if the tech from that centry is assumed to have been invented at the same time. This will convenience players, allowing progress to happen quickly.

One more thing

I like this idea of hunting and gathering for limited resources. I think developing technology to preserve these things, more important now they’ve said it. The thing I said above about centuries of technology excluded, we could see advancements in somethings happen due to their importance, rather than the true timeline theory. This is because I am assuming we’ll see a family style colony, with some regard to care and protection of their people. This will motivate some technology advancements, as they are in regard to family and friends and their overall survival.

I cannot WAIT for this. So looking forward to it!

1 Like

Look good!

Didn’t notice anything mentioned, will there be any combat elements to the core gameplay or is it strictly resource management?

It has optional combat so the choice is yours.

Journey Log #2 tomorrow, 25th April. :grava_yes:

2 Likes

Why do I get the feeling that at some point in your town development that something terrible will happen and the entire place will be overrun with aetherial and chthonic forces?

Well, it might get overrun, but not by those foes.

I hold a fervent, near fanatical belief that the mod to make it happen is a foregone conclusion.

I for one welcome our new Grim Frontier celestial overlords. More hyper-invasive crystalline body modification! More blood for Ch’thon! Its the secret ingredient in his famous Ch’ookies, the only resource worth gathering.

if any grimmy dawn celestial deserve to be cameod into farthest frontier in some scenarios or mods, it’ll be mogdrogen.

like the occasionally wandering gods in zeus+poseidon and emperor - rise of the middle kingdom, he’ll judge whether our frontier town is ‘friendly’ enough to nature and the wildlifes, or he’ll unleash miasma of annoying flies, enraged packs of wolves+bears, and angry trees to punish our heretical town. maybe with the presence of mogdrogen and enough tourist trap to our nature friendly town, ravager and its best pop star scorv egdenor would be interested to have vacation there to introduce the wonder of ‘cannibal cullinary’ and the wonderful architecture of barrowholm+godly rays atmosphere.

or maybe have some small cameos from cairn shows up from time to time, like homestead farmers who are the expert of pest extermination with their jaw dropping ‘victorian-era technology’, or the rhowaris (what a wonderfully peaceful nomadic tribe).