Kickstarter Medals?

EDIT FOR NEW READERS:

The KS backer rewards have not been released yet. We are finishing up the last details on them and will be releasing them in an upcoming patch.
Response I received in an email from Support. While the special items for the collector’s edition-type versions may or may not be available, the Kickstarter-specific items aren’t fully implemented yet. Hang tight!

EDIT 2:

And now we may also have an explanation. Those codes I got were very likely never supposed to be there in the first place. The situation being confusing isn’t because Medierra didn’t explain it very well in the Backer Rewards and DRM-Free Copy thread, it’s because it shouldn’t have happened at all.

Out of curiosity, I’d like to ask the community. Has anyone who backed the Kickstarter run received their medals? I’ve actually contacted the Support email about this because I feel like I’m missing something.

I started with a Legendary edition before the Kickstarter began. I then upgraded to the $78 Kickstarter co-op bundle, which included two copies of the $50 tier Digital Collector’s Edition, which includes the Officer’s Medal. On Humble Bundle, this means I ended up with two copies of the “Patron Edition + Expansion”.

Now, Humble Bundle seems to have everything expected BUT the medals.

Kory the Keeper also (after some activation trouble) has all of the items expected BUT the medals.

So yeah… did everyone else get their medals? Did I miss an email or something somewhere?

They haven’t been added to the game at this moment in time (but I believe they are working on this amongst other things). I hope this helps.

Edit… The Crate story also hasn’t been issued so it’s not just the medals :wink:

Ahh, thank you. I was wondering what was going on! The Backer Rewards and DRM-Free Copy had said the virtual rewards were set up on Steam so I figured I was just overlooking something.

Out of curiosity, do you happen to have a link to somewhere that states that? I was searching across the forums but might have missed it, buried under the talk of regular in-game medals. It’d probably help for people who have the same question!

Regards a link I’m afraid you’ll have to ask one of the devs for that. Sorry :frowning:

Booo. There were a few threads with links to others that I thought may have the info, but they seem to be in the now-disabled forum section I’m assuming was for the Beta.

Oh well, thank you!

When were we notified about the availability of the kickstarter items? I haven’t seen anything here or in my email.

The KS items are not available yet. Things are set up in Steam, but have yet to be done in GOG. They are still working the issue. :slight_smile:

I’d imagine that those things will all be released when GOG is all setup and ready to deliver the game. Otherwise one can imagine the storm of angry postings that would happen if some group got it first! LOL!

Ok, if they aren’t available then what is the OP talking about?

Hey, Felis Noctu, can you explain what is going on here?

As soon as the DRM-Free version is released, via GOG, then the other virtual rewards will be released. Though I think the Crate story will be sometime after.

If I can find a quote on that I’ll post it too.

It seems they didn’t understand medierra’s post in Backer Rewards and DRM-Free Copy.

I would call it less “didn’t understand” and more “post isn’t clear” with a possible dose of strange circumstances. Please see the last section of the post.

I have to ask, where are you getting that impression? Not saying it isn’t true, but…

A later-dated edit with a statement saying that the DLC is set up on Steam, and the codes are being distributed to Humble Bundle. The codes WERE distributed on Humble Bundle. (On that topic, something interesting to note is that the codes no longer seem to be there. When I checked more recently I no longer had a Patron DLC code available under my HB account. However, having input it into Steam already…)

Unless I missed it, there’s no clear indication what’s included as part of the “virtual rewards” and what isn’t. The term itself implies everything, not just just certain things, and the post itself doesn’t specifically separate the Kickstarter rewards from the Patron rewards. Hell, for that matter, many of the Kickstarter and Patron rewards overlap.

Exactly this. That’s what’s confusing.

Now hold on. Preorder copies released through Humble Bundle originally were for Steam, weren’t they? Are there people who don’t have access to a Steam version but should a GOG copy, who also qualify for the Backer bonuses? I wasn’t aware of that, if that’s the case. It was my understanding that the GOG release was an addition, not the original intent.

The original post by Medierra reinforces that. One of the quotes on the “Backer Rewards and DRM-Free Copy” thread even says that he didn’t realize people considered Steam as DRM. GOG was an afterthought.

Regardless, I did get an email back from support.

The KS backer rewards have not been released yet. We are finishing up the last details on them and will be releasing them in an upcoming patch.

Simple as that. Whatever the case is, the Kickstarter Medals just aren’t ready yet. It’s unlikely they have anything to do with the GOG release itself, they just aren’t a high priority. Very likely the reason they aren’t included is because the “collector’s edition” packs are available for purchase on the GD website which includes everything but said medals.

Most of the in-game virtual backer rewards are available now, the medals are the only ones that aren’t included. I was confused because I had expected the full bonus to be included with the game at release, but obviously it’s more complicated than that. There are different codes that would need to be sent out for Kickstarter specifically.

I’d also like to clarify that this isn’t an attack on anybody. I have done my research, trust me. I spent a long time digging around for whatever information I could find, including running across dead links (likely to the now disabled beta boards) that I hoped would clarify the issue, before I ever started typing my email to support. That email happened before this thread, which was only made to check and make sure I wasn’t the only one. The situation just isn’t clarified, we don’t have clear details on the situation. I’m not claiming that I didn’t simply miss something, but that thread doesn’t have the answer. As of right now, all we have is “it’ll happen in the future”, which for what effectively amounts to a preorder bonus is rather odd. It isn’t that big of a deal, but it’s strange nonetheless.

Plus, there are people still asking about the rewards. Does that mean I managed to grab my codes during some sort of random slip-up? That would explain why the Patron codes are no longer available under my HB account.

I don’t even know. Originally I had preordered a Legendary edition before the Kickstarter had even begun, then upgraded to the Co-Op Collector’s Edition + Expansion bundle. Recently, I found the “Patron DLC” codes under my Humble Bundle account, I used mine, gave the other to my friend, and now the codes are missing from my HB account. I do actually have my items in-game, all except for the Kickstarter medals, I’m guessing because most of the Legendary and Kickstarter backer benefits overlap.

That’s the point I’ve been trying to make. It’s not that big of a deal. It’s not even really a complaint. There’s just no clear indication of what’s available and what isn’t, and it’s fully possible that my situation was made even more confusing due to certain circumstances. Crate’s an excellent company, they’ve always tried to keep communication going, and they’re going above and beyond to ensure we’re happy with what they’re giving us. This particular case is just awkward, that’s all. :stuck_out_tongue:

This quote is quite clear. It states that when both the DRM-free version AND virtual rewards are done, they will be released.

The DRM-free version is not ready for realease. Therefore it is not released, even though things are setup for Steam and Humble. That is the line with a Status update on 3/7 that medierra provided.

So it’s pretty clear, but there’s been so much noise from all the I bickering that has caused confusion. Still the post I quoted from is still accurate.

So, I updated the original post. It looks like my latest assumption was correct, I shouldn’t have had those codes yet. The reason I couldn’t find them in my account again is because HB had purposefully removed them.

Now we know. :stuck_out_tongue: