Lack of support for 2handed?

its the lack of wps also, shaman gets a couple, soldier gets a couple but warder is kinda average. Necro gets 2, but who makes a 2h deathknight? and 2h melee ritualist is too weak for shards. warlord gets 1 but yeah, dual wield warlord better than 2h.

Because we had this example only few days ago:
Rancor (on Trickster) is a fine example how a 2H compensates for the lack of a second component.

Compare it with 2 Bloodsongs:

• More flat damage
  • More +% Damage
  • Great OA
  • 10 % Physical Resistance (with Might of the Bear it´s 18 %…)
  • Craftable (extra bonus)
  • RR
  • 100 % Armor Piercing
  • …

Mythical Guillotine could be good, too…if there would be some upgrade to the skill modifiers, stats in general (55 Cunning “only”?) and mastery support (Necromancer?).

the talks about 2h being vulnerable to fumble makes me wonder… are there defenses against fumble and impaired aim aside from kiting?

if 2h are played in coop paired with 1h shield however, i’m sure 2h can contribute much since the shield is tanking almost every enemy attacks (including fumble)

nope there is no “fumble resists”

2 handers are slowly coming their way. The phys resist bonus to Kraken was better than people realize. Venomlance it turns out can be put into a SR 75 build that cruises through just fine.

Temporal Arcblade is solid now too. It’s an incremental process. I’ll make a fresh thread that condenses my old “case by case” thread down to whatever remains as bad 2 handers and we’ll see if we can get the rest of the really bad ones buffed.

@adoomgod As i said above, the only 2 that i didn’t find any C+ tag are these too.

Sadly. They need to be reworked.

You should do a thread,it will be helpful.

What’s exactly is the improvement of Archblade and which build you’re talking about?

I always thought,that Guillotine should be Blade Arc weapon.

Arcblade’s proc goes off like, constantly now and is a great fit for bonemonger. Considering that SR50 is a fine metric of good enough. It’s potent and cool feeling as fuck.

Yes - use spells (like Forcewave) :). Spells are immune to that crap…
It’s the only counter.

1 Like

I think the problem with 2H is that it’s been a while since there was an excellent, over-performing 2H build. Simply good 2H builds come up from time to time, e.g. John Smith’s Archon and Warlord come to mind.

I see that as a good sign, if there would be insane 2H builds popping out again - nerfs to them might push other more reasonable builds down even more.

Let’s see what happens with Rancor

Rancor is just a single incredibly powerful unique. 2-H should be fine in general, not due to few OP 2-handers.

First:
There is more than only Rancor. Stormreaver, Avenger, Temporal Arc Blade…

Second:
Take a look at 1h weapons. Brutallax, Nightclaw, Korba…when did you see them on any posted builds here?

I have at least a half dozen 2h builds that do crucible ez. Some of which do SR + too.

Exactly… I would argue that there are just as many or more useless one handers

I just speak in generaly, still in my eye C+ is good, since SR can be painfull of randomness.

I have to agree here, the number of useless 1-handers is vast as well…