Leech on skills with %WD

So I’m still not sure that I understand this.

Do active skills with %WD see %atcth on any flat damage that skill has?

For example, Bone Lance on item has %WD. Does the skill flat itself get %adcth? Or any other component skill with some %WD.

OR is this only mastery skills? Or not a thing?

Any skill with % WD, no matter how small is can life steal. Not only component granted skills, but devotion procs as well.

So you are are saying that what I think is the case is true. It seems a bit too good to be true though. :man_shrugging:

As far as I know. But life steal on skills with low WD isn’t spectacular and flat damage boost on something with 40-50% WD isn’t really that rewarding. But still is nice additional sustain. That’s why people use stuff like Stormfire or Chain lightning on casters without WD.

Global adcth applies to WD, the source of WD is irrelevant. Skill specific adcth applies to all dmg on the skill. Some skills with adcth, like Ulzuin’s Wrath, dont even have WD.

I think you misunderstand.

Skill with inherent %WD and no other relevant skill leech does see leech (if any %adcth to the %WD) on the flat portion of the skill that is not included in the %WD.

Afaik, this was done by the devs to mitigate the resulting adcth double-% reduction in the %WD portion itself - which could be almost nothing on a small %WD skill. But on some skills with very high %WD, this is pretty damn strong when skill flat is also included.

That was what I was confirming. It has nothing to do with the skill having an associated inherent %adcth. If a skill has both intrinsic %WD and intrinsic %adcth, then you would see both effects.

An example of both would be the Bat constellation and anyone please correct if incorrect on the flat %.

1. It has 22% WD = x% adcth multiplied by 22%. For simple example lets say 10% adcth = effective adcth of (0.22 * 0.1 = 0.022) * 0.22 actual weapon damage. So flat here gets 0.022% leech.
  2. It has inherent 45% adcth on the skill itself. I am unsure if this includes the %WD flat portion - I don’t think so. (Anyone confirm this?)

AFAIK this is Incorrect. It only lifesteals for the %WD component.

It does. If it didn’t it would be worthless on casters without relevant conversion.

Well, now I am confused about flat leech on %WD skills. I could have sworn this was discussed many months ago and clarified. I’ll see if I can find that discussion in due time.

Ignore what I said. I’m second guessing myself now.

@hammyhamster1: What’s your deal with bat anyhow

Here? It was just a good example of both. But generally I think it needs an adjustment (also Ghoul). But that is unrelated to this OP.

I found this post, which is not the discussion I was seeking but it does indicate that %WD is included in the leech. So thanks for your clarification to that. I’ll keep looking for that other discussion when I’m motivated, though.

MortalKombatChampion

Feb '18

ADCTH works for whole direct damage, caused by skill (both Weapon Damage and flat damage added by skill itself). However, ADCTH added not by skill itself (i.e. on items, etc) is penaltized if skill deals less than 100% Weapon Damage (accordingly to % Weapon Damage). If skill doesnt deal any Weapon Damage (so Weapon damage = 0%), ADCTH “multiplier” for it will be 0% as well (except ADCTH added by skill itself - it is always in effect at 100% power).

DoT damage types (bleed, burn, etc) dont count for ADCTH.

Can you please edit what you said with the following terms:

1. Global adcth: G-adcth
  2. Skill specific adcth: S-adcth

So I’ll assume for now that skill flat sees nothing from %WD. Until I find something relevant.

But knowing %WD is included in intrinsic leech is a good learning.

how is this related to adcth

Here is relevant portion of current misunderstanding:

Right. Ok. Flat damage on skill will not benefit from any adcth applied via the %WD component of the skill. Yes.

1 Like

Ok so I think that II found the thread mechanics questions. Here is where I got confused. Note Korsar’s comments in particular.

I am still confused, but perhaps this is only applicable to AA replacers? Hmm, and maybe there was another thread.

Oh well.

I would think that the mechanic is consistent on all skills with %WD.

I also would trust korsar.

He and ptiro do crazy amounts of testing.

So…what do you conclude about that discussion?

That global adcth applies to a skill’s flat damage proportionate to the inherent %WD on the skill itself.

So this example would now be accurate, then. (I’m just using Bat as an example for leech types, not trying to Trigger anyone…)

1. It has 22% WD = x% adcth multiplied by 22%. For simple example lets say 10% adcth = effective adcth of (0.22 * 0.1 = 0.022) * 0.22 actual weapon damage. So flat here gets 0.022% leech.
  2. It has inherent 45% adcth and this 45% includes the %WD portion on the skill itself.