Let’s focus on balance rather than new things

1.Recipe that fits reality
2.strange trading system
3.Reasonable price for each resource

Some description of what exactly you feel is wrong in each instance and what you believe should be changed would make this feedback something we could potentially act on. While I can’t promise I will agree with your points or make changes, currently, I don’t know what exactly you dislike or what you’re hoping to see. :man_shrugging:

Have raiders target something and then flee. They want cattle, they burn down your barns. They want beer, they raid your pubs and breweries, and any storage buildings. They want you to starve they burn your crops. In Gettysburg the Confederates raided the stores looking for shoes before retreating. Most ancient armies looted and foraged to keep going, only modern armies take food with them.

No matter how early you access it, let’s get the basics right.

1. farmer designation system(Why did you make it weird when it’s just the same as the others?)
  2. Cancel Resource Harvesting(Why don’t they cancel the harvesting of trees and stones all at once?)
    3.Do you think that if you build a trading post, foreign merchants should come to negotiate, and then foreign carts will come right away?
    4.Whose idea is the current religious system?(Isn’t it crazy to make strange things and not really need them?)
    There are many other things, but I will leave it here.

Don’t use fantasy as an excuse. For that reason, is developing the game without any direction the right thing to do to buyers who trusted and purchased early access?

Your feedback is vague and unclear.
Your second point is the most clear.

Saying something is weird isn’t helpful.
State why.
If the only reason is you don’t like it or think it’s weird, then understand that’s not useful feedback for the devs to improve/change the game.

trade is quite easy i find… sometimes some items are never traded though and u can end up more than u can store of it until they finally come along too buy it… if u lucky…
recipes do need work there are some items u simply cant use or not use enough of for what u harvest etc… again leading to storage issues…
Brewery needs fixing i will never build it whilst its possible for drunken murderous rampages… a few injuries here and there makes more sense…
prices on things that sell very well should prob reduce… supply and demand type thing… manor lords is doing a similar thing as they have similar issues with trading being very profitable…

Think about fixing the brewery’s problems.

What problems?

Brewery is ok, just the pub is broken.

By the same token, don’t use your interpretation of the game’s development as an excuse to say it needs fixing. If you honestly think that this game is that bad, then move on and play something else instead of insisting that everyone move to your idea of how it should be.

Better yet, set yourself down at your computer for what feels like those endless days and nights to actually work with a Dev Team to make the kind of game you want. I can promise you that, regardless of how much you want it to, not everything is going to translate from fact/historical fact to game mechanics, while still being enjoyable to a majority of the players.

2 Likes

Yes, that’s right, a bar.A soldier catches a drunkard. I hope it’s fixed to the same thing

1. Farmer designation system(Why did you make it weird when it’s just the same as the others?)

It was already stated in a previous post, that it is community farming - that means all farmers (as a group) tend to all fields when required.
I find this mechanic working far better, since you don’t need that many farmers allocated.

1. Cancel Resource Harvesting(Why don’t they cancel the harvesting of trees and stones all at once?)

As it was explained to you earlier, you can cancel harvesting the same way like when you select them - press H → select resources you want cancel → hold SHIFT and select resources you want to cancel

3.Do you think that if you build a trading post, foreign merchants should come to negotiate, and then foreign carts will come right away?

Sorry, no idea what you’re talking about. As I see it, a merchant comes to your village and tries to sell his/hers wares and eventually buys something he/she is interested in. Classic barter trading.

4.Whose idea is the current religious system?(Isn’t it crazy to make strange things and not really need them?)

Not sure what you think is crazy about the religious system? Villagers need some spirituality, so you build a temple/shrine etc… I see it as a classic resource required when your village grows.

As a side note: Even if I like doing some micromanagement in a city builder, I would find it very tedious to micro manage EVERYTHING. It might be something you are looking for in this game, but please consider that it’s not what all players are looking for.

1. If each farm is far away Each cannot be managed.
  2. My mistake sorry
  3. procedure(1) visit merchant (2) negotiate (3)transport of goods
    (today)only one transport of goods (undersrtand?)
  4. holy relic hate (Pilgrimage is better.)
  1. I’m managing my farms just fine, even if they are in clusters in different sections.
  2. That sounds really boring. Given how much gold the Trading Post gives us, that’s basically just giving us the resources.
  3. Where on the map are villagers supposed to pilgrimage to?

What you are talking about aren’t problems. They’re your personal preferences. Big difference. If it’s too much for you, you can go and play another game that has those things or make your own. You seem to think you have a lot of ideas about how you would like a game to work, so making your own game that has your preferred mechanics which others find enjoyable and the right amount of challenging would be a great outlet for that.

1 Like

So why do you insist on making farms in far away from each other, instead of making a cluster of farms and leaving the distribution of food to other laborers?

1. procedure(1) visit merchant (2) negotiate (3)transport of goods

Hmm no I don’t really understand what the additional transport of goods would achieve from gameplay perspective?
Negotiation or price haggling is more or less already implemented - for me it’s enough if the trader (or a second one if present) buys something I can sell. It is substituted by gold being the middle-man.
You could do different rates of “1 sword for 80 smoked meat” and “1 sword for 10 bricks”, however it is exactly the same like it’s now with gold - each merchant has different prices and different wares upon arrival, so what’s the point? As I said earlier, there needs to be a balance between some kind of realism and gameplay simplicity.
You could implement some haggling logic like: “No, no I only pay 100 gold for your swords” or “I’ll give you 90 gold per sword and take 10 of them”, but again what’s the point? I am playing the game to build a city, not to spend much time on price haggling.

1. holy relic hate (Pilgrimage is better.)

In what perspective is pilgrimage better? When you try to make proposals like this, please add the way it would work and why do you think it enhances the game and gameplay.
Stating that “religious system is trash” and saying “Pilgrimage is better” does not help others here, nor the devs to get any insights what you mean.
Also I did not quite get what you mean with “Isn’t it crazy to make strange things and not really need them?”
Relics are a way to get random bonuses, I don’t see anything wrong with that mechanic.

Although you have said you don’t want to see the Dev team use fantasy as any excuse, what you are asking for in an effort to make the game “more realistic” is complete fantasy.

This is in fact exactly how farming was traditionally done. Fields were laid close together and farming was a communal event. When it came to clearing fields, planting, or harvesting, the farmers of the community would work together, field by field. This was for good reason. If weather or other conditions cut the planting, or harvesting, short, at least some fields got completed, rather than all being unfinished.

1. procedure(1) visit merchant (2) negotiate (3)transport of goods

Merchants in the Medieval and middle ages, unlike crafters (bakers, glassmakers, etc.) didn’t have shops. There was nowhere to simply go view their wares, and make an offer. They travelled from market to market, based on where they believed they could get the best prices for what they had. And often they bartered, taking whatever goods they got from one market to the next.

1. holy relic hate (Pilgrimage is better.)

I’ll tread lightly here as I don’t want to offend anyone’s actual real beliefs, but traditionally pilgrimages were made to sacred or holy sites, where a miracle had occurred, or, more often, a relic was stored. Grand temples and cathedrals were built to house the relics (many of these still exist across the world today). And the reason for the pilgrimage was to gain the beneficial effects of the sacred relic or site. Some common examples were beliefs that they would heal the sick, increase fertility, or provide longer life and protection to those who made the pilgrimage. And if someone was lucky enough to live at the site of the pilgrimage, they believed that they continued to gain the benefits every day, just by proximity. So, pretty much exactly how it works in Farthest Frontier.

It seems pretty clear that you don’t like certain elements of Farthest Frontier, and that’s fine. I would guess most players can think of a few things that they would like added or done differently (myself included). And the Devs have been good at listening to feedback from players. But they also have a vision of the game for themselves, which is only fair since it is, after all, their game. They also have to balance whatever change they make with the larger community. It makes no sense to make changes that satisfy 1% but upset 40% of the players. The spirituality system was added because a number of players requested it. The Devs do listen to feedback, but it can’t just be “someone asked for it, so we did it”.

I’m sure we’ve all bought games that turned out to not be as enjoyable as we thought (I know I’ve paid far more for post launch polished games that after a short time I absolutely hated). But if these things are truly game breaking for you, it’s unfortunate, but it happens. Continuing to ask for changes just because you don’t agree with them is unlikely to get a result. Hopefully you can enjoy the game, but if not, I hope you can find one that you will.

Cheers

1. If you try to create villages across the map, each farm will need to be managed.
    3.Do you think it was possible in the Middle Ages to transport goods unnecessarily that would not be traded?
  2. Don’t you think it’s strange that villages receive buffs because of relics?
    What I want to say
    I’m not trying to fight with everyone. To get everyone’s attention Used provocative terms
    I liked this game because it reflected reality well, but I didn’t like the direction in which it was developed.
    I think I should try another game.I feel a little betrayed by the game
  1. The farm was divided and managed into each district through a crop rotation system.
  2. The randomness of merchants is too strong. Merchants thinking about things that can be sold and things that can be bought. It would be nice to have a place to build a trading post and specify what you want to buy and sell at the trading post. I agree that merchants do not visit for negotiations.
  3. I personally hate this. I hope that pilgrims will come and consume beer and the bar will be revived.
    What I want to say.
    Everyone who answers seems like an employee.
    your are only in a hurry to praise the present as the best. That’s how there try to make it seem like there is no overall complaint. You would like to tell you that my opinion is completely wrong. That’s my opinion, it’s not wrong.

다른 유저였다면 그것 또한 좋은 생각이라고 말했을 것이다. When I said pilgrimage. but you didn’t. Like a person trying to protect something