Let's discuss Diviner's Vision

Imo there are pet builds with Diviner set. Hybrids are always tough to make. Set gives bonus to Reap spirit and Devastation, hard to utilize them both.

You say AAR? But you can go Clairvoyant there.

Maybe it was written by Maya?
I didn’t know because I don’t play pet builds very much. Thank you for teaching me. :wink:

Well, I knew that the hybrids were Sucks, so I chose Convert to focus on 100% Aether AAR and the unpopular Attak seru. I am fully satisfied with the result.

I did a simple test on Reap sprit / Devastation. Devastation was good, but Reap sprit was weak.
Reap sprit had a recharge time of 0.8 seconds, around 80k per hit, and critical damage was around 150k. hit only single.
On the other hand, AAR is around 26k per hit and critical damage exceeds 80k. AAR is much better because it hits multiple times per second and damages all enemies on the line of sight.

I think the Reap sprit part of this set needs improvement.

Reap spirit as a non pet skill need a revamp imo. Now it’s just a worst version of doom bolt, and doom bolt is not that good of a skill either.

Give him 2 meter radius AoE should be a good start IMO.

1 Like

Yup. Reap sprit is an interesting skill but outdated.
AoE is nice, but that alone probably remains a 1p skill. The amount of damage is overwhelmingly insufficient.
I think I need to add Total dmg mod or improve flat damage and skill recharge reduction.
and I think +1 mastery should be given to the head and off hand.

I think it would help tremendous if Reap Spirit only summons if there is space, instead of resummoning old Spectres. Generally, I would like a rework of Reap Spirit, since it is one of these weird skills that don’t really fit into anything.

• you want a high damage weapon to deal a lot damage, which is typical neither caster nor pet weapon
  • you want a lot of aether / vitality boni to maximize the damage, which would kinda ease you into a caster Setup
  • the Minion it spawns profits from pet gear, so you want a pet setup.

Sure, there are Hybrids that do 2 of them (caster/pet or similar), but the problem is: Reap Spirit becomes mediocre. Neither are the spectres the lynchpin of your summon build, nor are you substantially killing enemies with Reap Spirit (my comparison is a full Caster Setup and using both Reap Spirit and Doom Bolt). So, even if you concentrate all your focus into one aspect, it won’t shine, making it ultimatively only a Hybrid skill. Which is kinda strange to be honest.
Now, there are a few things that could be changed, and I am sure that most of you would disagree with one or the other option. Still, lets simply throw them into the mix:

• make Reap Spirit profit from Pet damage.
    okay, I am not even sure that is possible. As in, the damage scaling being dependent on your pet instead of character damage, the clear opposite to player-scaled pets.

• make pets player scaled. Add in a Mutator into Master of Death that turns them inot pet scaled
    Yep, another thing that will be another thing that is probably impossible to balance, since the values you can achieve are far apart. Still, it would help the caster build a bit, if the wraiths actually deal some form of damage instead dof being ornamental.

• give the skill (more) flat damage.
    Either normal flat damage or straight out replacing the %weapon damage. Not sure about this either, since the weapon part is kind of endearing, though mostly a liability from what I see. A weapon based build won’t really focus on pets either, and there are barely skills with %weapon damage that deal Aether / Vitality. Maybe some exote like fleshwarped Strike Spellbinder or such.

Well, out of my point of view, a caster focused Reap Spirit should not be outclassed by Doom Bolt by so much when it comes to Single Target. But thats just how I feel…

Don’t touch the Pet from Reap Spirit or I am going to have to send angry Chickens to assault you!

I made a similar proposal before, but Zantai was negative about that proposal.

I don’t know if feature like this can be implemented but Reap Spirit being scaled with pets bonuses will definitely improve the sheer damage of it.

2 Likes

@Maya Would have a field day with you…

2 Likes