Lightweight Mod for Speeding Up the Leveling Process

It took me an hour to figure it out, but I managed to at least fix the crash that I could reproduce.

Now that was the function that caused the crash. Looks alright.

It is used to spawn the dog. There is a spawn delay so the dog does not spawn on loading in, and a way to disable the item for when the player is next to a stash.

The way the dog gets spawned in is through an ambush proxy, this way there is a placement radius so the dog does not spawn right below the player. Now the dog is a bit special for some reason, for example you can not get rid of him, I tried lots of stuff, but one can simply not kill the dog! Probably has something to do with its animation and mesh.

This means I can not spawn the dog directly through the proxy like I can do with other friendly NPCs, e.g. the merchant. Instead I spawn an invisible creature that instantly dies. When this creature gets added to the world, it calls the actual function to spawn the dog with its effect on its coordinates.

Even without any attached function on the creature, the game crashes when switching characters. When I cut the proxy out, the crash is gone. It makes no sense for me why this could lead to a game crash. I just assumed that it was my shitty scripting.

[Crash Fix | Lightweight Mod compatibility for DoM]

Put this into the patch folder, overwrite everything and then run the correct “Update script.bat”.

This fixes the crash that I personally could reproduce (switching between multiple characters), so I can not guarantee that this also fixes other potential crashes. I will update the standard mod only if this actually fixes everything.

I copied the file into patch folder ran script build it with assetmanager but i don’t get the dogma thingy?Did i do something wrong?I do seem to have high speed though so idk if you just removed the dog?

All you have to do is run the “Update script.bat” after putting everything where the actual patch is. You don’t have to use the AssetManager.

The fix only changes the way the dog spawns, that’s all. You still get the item and need to use it.

EDIT:

1. Extract the files to “Grim Dawn\mods\___Lightweight Mod\”
  2. Run “Grim Dawn\mods\___Lightweight Mod\Update script.bat” — which will then read added: game/modscript.lua

ah thank you.So far so good.Time to get my 88 char to 100.Haven’t played her for months :D.Thank you for this mod as i don’t have much time for gaming and this mod makes my life so much easier cept for the fact that my toons a glass cannon and rely on life leech :smiley:

EDIT.Ok so far i haven’t had any crashes.Thank you for the fix :slight_smile:

1 Like

Update 3

The features below are mostly from Nydiamar, but are improved upon, such as more satisfying effects or better fine-tuned balancing.

(–) New God Events

(OLD) Something bad is about to happen … / The gods are displeased …
Enemies appear around the player. Scales with Corruption.

(OUTDATED) The gods are about to halt your progress …
A mass of zombies appear around the player that cast the Curse of Disappointment on death which applies a negative Experience Modifier, leading to the player getting dumber (Read: losing experience). If the player is agile enough, they might manage to avoid their curse.

(OUTDATED) Explosive clusters are about to blow you up …
Explosive clusters appear scattered around the players location creating a highly dangerous minefield. Before the event happens, the player has a few seconds to either relocate somewhere safe or to stop right where they are to avoid accidentally running through multiple clusters when they pop up.

Re/anIm-ATorS aRe ABou!T tO aPp?eAr …
Very weird and disturbing stuff is then about to happen. Scales with Corruption.

(OLD) The gods noticed your efforts … / The gods are rewarding you …
Loot explosions appear around the player. Scales with Corruption.

The gods are sending you aid …
Creatures, including bosses, are summoned to the players aid — a very powerful advantage depending on current situation. They are not tethered to their spawn location and will seek out near enemies. Scales with Corruption.

The gods have rewarded you a Skill Point …
The player is rewarded one or two Skill Point potions. Has an 8% chance to happen. Scales with Corruption.

The player character will now also sometimes comment on the events, eventually even predicting what might happen next, e.g. “I should pet the dog more often.” > High chance of a bad event happening in the next minute or so.

(–) Souls Vessels & Binding Stones

You can now drop Soul Vessels from Beutekugeln that are at least of epic rarity. Visit the Good Boy to open them and you might get lucky and catch a new soul!

Currently you can only catch Nemeses through this way. All 10 of them. Should you manage to catch one, you can then bind it to the Binding Stone.

Destroying a Binding Stone lets you summon the bound Nemesis to your aid, which will then seek out near hostile enemies. Doing so sets the soul free.

There are two Soul Vessels. The base chance to catch a soul is only 20%, although the normal Soul Vessel has 3 rolls, while the legendary Soul Vessel has 10.

Changes to Existing Content

• (+) Fixed the crash occurring when trying to switch to a different character or when exiting to the main menu
  • (+) The dog no longer spawns around the player
  • (–) Improved the effects of the God Events to be more satisfying

(+) = Both versions
(–) = Non Lightweight version

Enjoy. ~

Follow the instructions from the Opening Post!

1 Like

Final Update (1)

(–) New Location — Mystic River

Find the entrance on the shore of Gloomwald

Honck, the Shady Dealer, sells you a blueprint that lets you craft the required map to reach the new area. While you have the map inside your inventory, find a boat on the shore somewhere in Gloomwald.

Mystic River

A grid. A hundred fields.

You move. It moves.

Each move has consequences — Whenever you move to an adjacent field the grid advances by one. As such, any entity located on the grid might also take its chances and move on, but only if a certain threshold is met. This could be a chest, a shrine, or something completely different.

Shrines are nothing to get excited about — Each time they move they also spawn a pack of hostile creatures. Since their threshold is quite low, this might happen very often. If you don’t clear these encounters, their presence can easily overwhelm you.

After a while, new things may appear — A chest. Another shrine. A bigger chest. Another shrine, but now it spawns a boss. A goat?! A curse taking your loot?! A chest so small you need to hunt its pixel. A teleporter taking you to a treasure island. Eventually another shrine.

Watch your step — Some fields got some juicy mutators on them. These might make you really fast, but could also slow you down to a hold. One can be deadly, another very healthy. Not only do they affect you, but your enemies too.

Keeping track of everything seems impossible — If you are not afraid of heights, then you can get an overview by visiting a very high platform located in the middle of the grid. Four scattered teleporters let you take a shortcut to it.

The further you get the more chaotic but also rewarding it gets — And since it can get extremely chaotic, the performance might drop too. Keep this in mind if you access the middle.

This Rogue-Like Dungeon is from Nydiamar. There are now more rewards for getting further and tiles were reworked.

Tip #1: Save up on Binding Stones and keep the Stone of Doggo until you are inside the dungeon, and then unleash multiple Nemeses on the grid to do the dirty job for you, while you watch from the overview.

Tip #2: Do not access the overview after getting far enough and not having cleared the grid, the amount of creatures might crash the game. Consider leaving after about 350+ moves or try your luck.

Changes to Existing Content

• (–) Maximum Level is now 125 (Previously 200)
  • (–) Devotion Limit is now 68 (Previously 75)

A patch is included to revert these changes.

(+) = Both versions
(–) = Non Lightweight version

This took me a lot longer than anticipated, hope people enjoy it! ~

Follow the instructions from the Opening Post!

3 Likes

Can’t seem to get the L version to work.It’s only 500kb.I tried copy and overwrite and i tried threw asset manager both doesn’t work,

Edit nvm the download on the first page didn’t work i got the mod from the updated thread.

Just a quick question.The final update on first page.Doesn’t work for me.So i i got the one in the thread that you editted.It seems like it’s the old update 2 (i think)and i only have the standard 55 devotion points.This was the same with the older versions.I did the update 2 with asset manager.Everything works cept for the devotion and idk if the levels work as i am only lvl 86.

I’m a bit confused! So you are playing the normal Lightweight version (probably merged with Dawn of Masteries)? That one has (due to being lightweight) not an higher maximum level or devotion cap.

What do you mean with first page? I have only updated the mod in the Opening Post (and in linked comments), and the downloads there should work fine.

Lightweight Mod (Compatibility for DoM)

I forgot to add the blueprint to the merchant. Fixed that now.

Re-download it here

ah thank you for explaining.I actually downloaded the wrong version because i can’t read :joy:.I play dom lightweight mod and it seems to work :smiley:

Is it a spec that when I start this mod on Normal difficulty, the Elite is automatically unlocked?
If so, the Champion’s Merit that the summoned merchant has seems to be useless.

Champions Merit 01

This is how ALL custom games are by default - all difficulties are automatically available, unless you are referring to the non-custom version.

That’s true, but I have also used Game.UnlockNextDifficulty() on loading in for some reason I can’t remember, which makes the merit indeed completely useless (normally it can be used to unlock all Riftgates, even if the difficulty is already accessible).

Re-uploaded all mod versions.

• Removed the automatic unlock of the next difficulty
  • Added the information that the new dungeon can only be accessed on Ultimate

No reason to download the mod again for these changes.

1 Like

Yes. I understand that all difficulty levels are available from the start in custom games. But normally, even in custom games, there is no screen display at the start of the game that says elite is available, and you gain skill and attribute points by using Champion’s Merit.

However, this mod shows “You may now access Elite Difficulty” at the start of the game, and you can’t use Champion’s Merit, so you can’t gain skill/attribute points. I think this is a problem.

Savior’s Merit is available and earns both points.

Savior's Merit 01

1 Like

Thanks a lot!

I did not think about the missing points. Should you be playing Custom Game, you can give them to you through the console.

game.IncrementSkill
game.IncrementAttribute

EDIT: Nevermind, you probably just started playing. But for others who already leveled a character and missed these points, use the in-game console.

1 Like

Understood, thank you.

Re-uploaded all mod versions — again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Increased Devotion Cap from 58 to 68
  • Increased drop chance of Devotion Potions

Now not exactly a bug fix, but a three points increase is obviously not enough and I just forgot to increase it further. Maximum Level 125 and Devotion Cap 68 seems alright to me, a ~25% increase to both. Should compensate the lack of equipment upgrades enough.

EDIT: I have also updated the Translation Template from the Opening Post, it now includes everything required. Don’t know if there was any interest to begin with, probably not, but feel free to use it.

1 Like

Hey.I have a quick question.I am playing dom light version.

1.What is the max experience level of the light eversion.
2.I have read that this mod does not work on multiplayer.Is that still true?

PS:Live this mod as i don’t have that much time for gaming and it makes the journey so much easier.

1. Level 100. Light version is only intended to speed everything up a bit.
  2. Lightweight Mod (Compatibility for Multiplayer)

This is only for the standard Lightweight version and Dawn of Masteries (You have to do the whole update process again). You can no longer destroy spheres, but instead you need to pop them through the dog, and only the host can pop them. Spheres are now tradable, so give all spheres to the host. Also the dog might sometimes not be clickable, which means the non-host needs to re-log.