Like The Look Of The Game But

I really like the look of the game but it looks really complicated to me
with all the stuff that is involved. I’m thinking of buying the game
at Steam because it’s on sale, but I still think that there might
be too much stuff to try to soak in. I looked at several videos at You Tube
talking about the game but it still looks like I might have to really
watch them several times to truly understand the game

Welcome to the forum and hopefully to the game. :slightly_smiling_face:

Well, how much do you know about the ARPG genre? What games have you played before? Games that fall into the ARPG world are things like Diablo 1/2/3, Path of Exile (PoE), Torchlight 1/2 and Titan Quest Immortal Throne which is Grim Dawn’s spiritual predecessor.

Yes, there is a lot to learn about, but there’s no need to rush through the game either. You can take your time exploring and finding out how things work. Here’s a couple of things that may help you get started.

https://www.grimdawn.com/guide/

The second is a bit outdated, but still has plenty of useful info.

And you can always ask questions here, plenty of people are more than happy to help newcomers to the game with any questions they may have.

Thanks for answering my question.
I’ve played Diablo (1 only) and Torchlight 1 & 2
I will give the game a try!

1 Like

Great! Hope you enjoy it. As said, there is a lot to learn about, but take your time, there’s no rush. If you want any help with things like where to put points, etc, then make sure you mention you just have the base game since that affects what advice people will give you. Most of us have the expansions so are inclined to think everyone else does and could suggest things that you won’t have access to in the base game.

GD is a pretty deep game and you could say it can be complicated. The first difficulty tho you can get by decently without needing to understand how every little thing works. As Medea notes - if you are unsure about anything just ask. The forum here is full of people who can readily give you a hand.

Worth pointing out as well that there is an unofficial Grim Dawn discord full of players that are always looking to help out as well if you have any rapid-fire questions or need help understanding something.

1 Like

the learning curve in the game is pretty smooth, so it’s not difficult to understand how most things work as you go through the game. with the more advanced stuff you can always ask on the forums (which is what i’ve been doing) and you’ll be sure to get an answer

the most important thing to keep in mind: the game doesn’t punish you for making bad decisions. everything can be respecced for a trivial cost, including skill points, devotion points and even your stat points. the only thing you can’t chance are the masteries you chose, but that would be a little too much