Lokarr quest question

I’m currently playing a Cabalist with skeleton horde (plus other pets) build. So good so far, except that I’m having difficulty on the Lokarr secret quest because my skeletons attack and kill Flameond Bleu on sight. And there doesn’t appear to be a convenient way to disband skeletons short of removing a point from a skeleton skill at a spirit guide (or logging out and back in, which doesn’t help with the quest).

Any suggestions on how I can complete this quest having my pets (i.e., skeletons plus others) as primary damage/defense against the other creatures in the Malmouth Outskirts?

Getting to Lokarr is a pain on pets. You gotta check the wiki and pinpoint where exactly Bleu spawns. Then you gotta get to the shrine and start clearing from there. Once you see him either go somewhere else and let your skeles die or aggro him by constantly using pet attack command on the ground away from him.

1 Like

Most of my other pets are able to be disbanded, but skeletons are not (not sure why).

Shortly after posting, I was able to accomplish the mission by clearing the area as best I could, then I popped over to Steelcap district to visit Rena (spirit guide) to disband my skeletons via skill point deduction, disbanded all other pets, then found Flameond and walked him back. I ran into one aether cluster that I missed, but fortunately was able to melee it down.

Thanks for the assistance. :grinning:

p.s. Will I have to do this every time I want to log in and farm for the legendary set (i.e., find Flameond and haul him back to the shrine to open the portal)? Or will the portal persistently be available now that I’ve opened it once?

What I do is to spam Pet attack on the ground to keep my pets busy. The portal remains open forever, by the way.

3 Likes

Thanks for the advice. :smile:

Not entirely sure, but I think you can unsummon your skeletons by briefly changing your weapon.

This will only disband any extra skeletons provided by the weapon (i.e., if a weapon increases the summoning limit). Baseline skeletons provided by the skill will remain.

I was referring to this part of the 1.1.3.0 patch notes. I thought you could unsummon your skeletons this way.

That would be great if true in regard to skeletons, but alas, it is not my experience except as mentioned above.

If someone has a surefire way to un-summon all skeletons (aside from using a spirit guide to remove a skeleton related skill point, or by logging out to the main menu), I’d love to hear it.