Looking for build criticism. My first 100/Ultimate /Non-hardcore/Soldier+Oathkeeper build

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/r2BpbMrZ Hi all.

Just looking for constructive criticism. I am 100% interested in keeping Eye of Reckoning my main skill I really enjoy the play style so that’s the only thing I am going to say I do not have an interest in changing. I have been stacking Physical mainly and life leech too (at least trying to). Everything is up for grabs on change though minus E.O.R. So far I am at the end of the base game without completing all the side challenges like “the hidden path” etc. I have many of legendary in my stash so possibly able to change some gear around too or farm what is suggested.

Thank you Grim Dank fans! Surp

2 soldier WPS do nothing for you as EOR won’t trigger them. So 2 devotion bind to them won’t do anything as well. Other than that, seems fine. Farming for warborn set will be the 1st priority.

I think the biggest thing I can think of is that EoR isn’t a default weapon attack. You’ve got points and devotions invested into Weapon Proc Skills (WPS) and they’re only going to be activating when you aren’t using EoR.

Check out sir_spanksalot’s DW Warborn warlord for an endgame build.

One thing that sticks out is that DW gives you a lot more damage than S&S. Also, keep an eye out for green gear that helps fill out resistances at this point. Get yourself a blueprint for Stoneplate Greaves and craft a few hundred, even one good affix will increase your resistances a ton.

Yes, EoR isn’t a default weapon attack replacer so any WPS won’t trigger off of it. Only Righteous Fervor, Savagery, Fire Strike and Cadence are for skills in the various masteries. Some items also grant skills that can be weapon attack replacers.

Look at my guide the beginner spinner

You are converting physical damage to vitality on your build which is gimping, and your res, OA, DA and attack speed is terrible.

Life steal will not get added from the shield: 🤯 malawiglenn’s guide on game mechanics for beginners

Damage reduction from soulfire and war cry do not stack.

Not that much unless you go with Beronath sword for ele > phys conversion. EoR has a small wpn dmg part. I tested this with several weapons for my beginner spinner. Dual wielding is not worth it unless your second weapon is Beronath sword.

Also remember that ALL individual sources of flat physical damage will get separate armor checks. This is true also for damage sources that gets converted into physical damage.
All in all, EoR will have many many small sources of physical damage, which will contribute to a pretty big sheet DPS but this increase in sheet DPS is not the same as the increase in killing speed due to all those individual sources armor checks.

1 Like