Looking for help with character

Lvl 49 Sorcerer Normal - Veteran

I had a pretty clear idea what I was doing with this character for quite a while, revolving around the Marauder set dual wield pistols. However, around lvl 43 or so I got a 1 hand melee sword drop that seemed to good to pass up, I then checked my storage and noticed I had a 2nd one from another character and decided to try and dual wield melee - I’m not sure this was such a good idea - I am pretty lost with my character at this point (and in general) as it seems like everything forwards with this class and the devotions is geared towards ranged. I manage to make it through most areas, but quite a few bosses just put a spank on me - which is to be expected since I’m pretty sure my skills are all over the place. Is this character salvageable or should I go nuclear and start over.

Everything is always salvageable, you can absolutely build a dual wield Sorcerer. It’s probably not gonna be as good as a Canister Bomb/Grenado Sorc, but it can still beat the game and farm.

I’m no expert, but I’d take the points out of Grenado, Ulzuin’s Chosen, Hellfire Mine, and Mortar Trap and add them to the Arcanist mastery until you get it to 32. The extra health alone will make you much tankier. Take Explosive strike down to at least 9 points which is where diminishing returns kick in. Then one point Mirror of Ereoctes, Nullification, Arcane Will, Overload, and Conversion. Put the rest of your points in Maiven’s Sphere of Protection. As you level up, aim for getting Arcanist to level 50 so you can get Reckless Power. Max it.

Get a feel for using Mirror and Nullification, they’ll keep you alive when you really shouldn’t be.

A quick search found this dual wield Sorcerer. You can use it for ideas.

1 Like

Sorcerer is not the ideal class for either DW ranged or melee, I’d try looking for other ways to level your build or if you’re set on the DW thing you can always go for something better for DW; for ranged pick up anything with Inquisitor in it or for melee anything with nightblade. This is still generic because other class combos can work; but they often require specific gear for endgame and are harder to level as DW.