Looking for suggestions for a viable Ice Mage Build?

Ohh so even if you have above the stated 80% resistance it wont make any difference ?? Because if that’s the case I guess I just have to avoid Slathasarr since they not of any importance to the progress of the game anyway. I was just curious as to why I melted as I did against it. :rofl:

I meant that since without Overload you have over 80%, this means with Overload you have Aether overcap bigger than his Resistance shred which is 24. Anyway, probably not worth it to analyze him now with your non-endgame setup if you don’t have problems with other enemies. Maybe the problem will solve itself.

1 Like

Fair enough and thank you for taking the time to reply, much appreciated ! :beers:

Well, seems my character do NOT like the Ancient Grove. Went back there a third time, avoided Slathasarr and then cleared both levels. Come to the boss, Gargabol, Heart of the Wild, at first all went well, then it died and second fase started. I had just used the bombardment (Devastation) to retreated a little waiting for it to recharge and then boom… ‘You are Dead’ was showing on the screen. Once again my health just melted away and have no clue as to why. All resistances are above 80% when buffed, so really curious what killed me this time since this monster are more Fire damage then Aether/Poison, if not misreading the monster info ? :thinking:

Luckily it’s not part of the main quest but seems it be one quest I wont be able to complete for the moment ! :rofl:

On the bright side did get a bunch of recipes from Vinelton, the merchant there, although the loot obtained from within the Groove was not enough to pay for it ! :rage: :rofl: Think Grim Internals information was showing me - 250,000 something ! :rofl:

Big dude has many fragment/projectile skills on the second phase, never stay in 1 place for a long time.

Gagabol have 990 cunning which is about 400% physical damage. His fan attack has 7 projectile and I believe at the blank range you’ll get hit by all of it. Each projectile hit big physical damage about 500 damage before buff. His other attack spawns a flamy poop volcano with 6-8 fragments and each deal about 350 physical damage. His wave attack is not that dangerous but can reduce physical resistance too by flat 30, further decreased by his pet by -15%.

Another reason why it’s bad to standing still against it is that the Fire Plant deal tons of physical damage at 1000 with about 300% damage from cunning. Getting too close will make it use its melee damage that also deals 1000 physical + 1000/s bleed before cunning.

All of this not counting other fire/pierce/chaos damage they also dealt.

1 Like

Yeah, I was moving away from him when I died. I do remember that from my first character with this boss that moving is a good strategy ! :rofl:

Well… O U C H ! :ambulance: Reading that I’m guessing I was hit multiple times as I was as full health and had Blood of Dreeg/Aspect of Guardian going as well. Guess it be a bit more of a challenge with this Warlock character on Elite then it was with my Commando on normal (throwing grenades and bombs helped as did running around in circles. :rofl: )

I’ll leave this boss for now and get back to it later, maybe find some other gear and Components/Augment’s that might help, or rather, protect me better. :thinking:

Thank you @arivus for your reply, much appreciated ! :beers: