Loot??

Ive been playing pretty much every action RPG game, Diablo 2&3, torchlight 1&2, Von Helsing, PoE, Titan Quest etc

Grim Dawn definitely one of the best, until i realized how stingy this game in giving loot. I just cleared a rogue area in Bastian of Chaos and all i got just one epic shield which i dont need & i already have that shield in my chest. and oh one recipe for one magic axe. like seriously dude wtf

so fuck you Grim Dawn! uninstalled
1/10 what a shitty game

//youtu.be/PVrEwCa8nSA

Same reason why my wife no longer wants to play co-op with me…

I’m rolling in loot btw you guys must be doing something wrong

That’s a low quality bait.

probably an alt of someone who’s havin a giggle

or maybe not who knows

Funny place to put your shield if you ask me. :wink: I usually have my shield on my arm.

As usual lack of info means no useful advice can be given. What level was your toon would be a start. How many MIs and good greens did you get? And yes, good old RNG does hit quite often. If you’ve played TQ you should be used to it. :smiley:

Sorry for my rude words, i was just so angry :o

Like i said i’ve played very much any action RPG but i’ve never experienced bad loot drop like this one. I killed like hundreds monsters and bosses in total of 3 floors of that rogue area, it wasnt so easy at all for me. my char was lvl 75
and all i got just one epic shield and boy i already had that one. and then i saw theres one recipe i was like ok at least i got one recipe. once i look it up it was a recipe for magic axe, a lvl 40ish magic axe! i totally lost it :smiley:

sorry again for the harsh words, i already uninstalled the game anyway
An honest review 7/10, decent game. Great game but not that fun.

Was that all you got though? Surely there were plenty of green items, maybe even some MIs as well. Uniques aren’t the be all and end all of the game, same as in TQ. Yes, they’re nice to have, but often a good green is better than an unique item. And what about the loot you got on the way to level 75? And which difficulty were you trying the dungeon in? I can understand your frustration, but honestly deciding to uninstall the game because of one dungeon run after all the other parts you’ve played just sounds weird - but I’m biased I guess.

angry steam teenager is angry steam teenager

If i uninstalled the game because of a single bad rogue dungeon run, the game would no longer be in my laptop for ages now.

i Sorry for my rude words, i was just so angry

Like i said i’ve played very much any action RPG but i’ve never experienced bad loot drop like this one. I killed like hundreds monsters and bosses in total of 3 floors of that rogue area, it wasnt so easy at all for me. my char was lvl 75
and all i got just one epic shield and boy i already had that one. and then i saw theres one recipe i was like ok at least i got one recipe. once i look it up it was a recipe for magic axe, a lvl 40ish magic axe! i totally lost it

sorry again for the harsh words, i already uninstalled the game anyway
An honest review 7/10, decent game. Great game but not that fun.

Torchlight 1 & 2 had some of the worst balance and loot system was the major part of it. There was never any satisfaction from getting an orange/red item because most of the time they sucked. TL1 boiled down to overchanting your items, abusing Enchantment Shrines to reduce the chance of disenchant. TL2’s meta was yet again enchanting + socketables. Finding the right OP enchanter was a big frustration, and good socketables only dropped from ‘blue chests’ with chance like 1.5%. Moreover, the most OP socketable drops only mid-levels, you can’t even farm it at level cap. As for getting the right item it was easier to check shop -> reroll world -> check shop etc rather than finding gear. Yup, drops were THAT crappy.

Titan Quest also has much loot issues that should be obvious to anyone who played most ARPGs.

Van Helsing’s main problem is game designers decided that it would be a good thing if some of the gear was class locked by default, so playing a hunter you could get an abundance of grenade launchers you have no use for, but on the other hand no swords. To make things worse the curve is pretty steep there, so lvl 20 item is seriously outdated by lvl 25-26. But overall I’d say better than Torchlight 2.

As for PoE - I haven’t played it in a while. At the time I left it was all about correct sockets & links, so an item with better stats won’t be used if sockets/links weren’t matched.

Diablo 3’s loot system is actually the closest to GD’s in terms of both loot quantity and quality, except there’s smart loot and infinite scaling of challenge and hence drop chances, so overall progression there is slightly better than GD’s. Still has it’s share of “FML NOT ANOTHER GOLDEN SKIN” moments.

I don’t really care, but your review being honest is bullshit. It’s extremely unlikely that you had played the games you listed beyond completing the story once.

Getting killed by Shar’zul and him dropping dead from a bleed shortly thereafter and dropping what looked like his weapon made me pretty angry but I didn’t go full ragequit. I put the game down for a bit, walked away, had a drink and ground my teeth for about an hour.

what about the loot i got on the way to level 75?
got 5 legendaries, 3 of them was same meat/cow shield, i dont really remember the name. I was melee dual-wielding and both my weapon were bought from the store, not so lucky from drop.

In this type of game i do understand when it comes to late in game or beyond its really hard to get loot that actually match your character build, it is super hard. but when it feels theres no chance for u to get there is something else.

I love and only playing this type of game, so it no big deal, really, just cleared tarrach tomb few minutes ago
Well if my luck was so bad in this game, somebody else must have been very lucky then. so yea, glhf dudes

What enemies were you hitting? Were you farming or just powering through the game? These are important questions. You don’t even start getting legendaries until mobs are high enough level to drop one. Right now it’s just sounding to me like a bit of poor luck and a lot of sour grapes, but it’s a pretty incomplete picture you’re painting here.

It’s possible with many recommended starter builds to get by on easily-acquired faction gear and random non-leg drops. If you decided to run a build that’s a bit more picky about gearing, well, that’s your choice.

Yes it was such a not-big-deal that you made a thread about it in which you had a small tantrum and said you were uninstalling Grim Dawn. Okay. Fare thee well on whatever road you decide to walk from here on out, may our paths never cross again.

haha, I went from level 50-76 before getting a single legendary drop on my last toon. Elite difficulty since level 50.

Partly why I’ve gone back to Diablo 2…yes 2 not the trash heap D3. The only way to gear up in Grim Dawn is to leach off players who can carry gladiator crucible levels 130-150 and this gets “falling asleep at key board fast”. Now I’m the kind of player that drops every useless purple to me and if others want cool. What has driven me away is blueprints. My current two leveling build have on my want list around 6-8 items that are blueprint items. I have probably asmassed most of them save for the ones I want! As it is they are now more rare than rare hardly drop in crucible anymore, never drop from treasure troves and never drop from nemesis anymore. The last two I found came from rushing to alkamos and hoping Dungeon chest dropped.

Anyway that and the fact that there are a few to many bs parts of the game, I’ve taken a break and have started a poison javazon. Was able to trade of an entire old character’s items for 95% of my wants!!! Still after so many years couldn’t believe that the game is still thriving. But still hate ladder only runewords cause finding highrunes in a ladder time is nuts always traded for them and probably all bottled from others.

It would seem as though the loot tables have changed since the expansion/patches. I am not getting nearly the same amount of purples I used to get between level 50 and 85. I am kind of OK with that as I really want the mythical versions of those items anyway. From level 85 the drop rate seems about normal as in how it used to be pre-patch. The major complaint is that the same items drop over and over again and mythical set pieces? Well that is just a frikkin joke. They do not drop at all, crucible or otherwise.

Here’s what i got from act 1 until Homestead in my Primal Strike Vindicator on Ultimate:

Mythical Reaver’s Claw
Mythical Closed Fist
Mythical Agrivix chest
Mythical Shroud of Illusion
Mythical Ulzuin belt
Mythical Valdun Rifle
Mythical Final Stop
Mythical Dread Knight Legplates
Amarastan Crusher
Mythical’s Death Reach
Mythical Wildblood Crusher
Mythical Beastcaller chest
Mythical Wraithwalkers
Mythical Mageguard leggards
Mythical Belgothian sigil
Mythical Siegebreaker
Spellscourge Bulwark
Mythical Witching Hour
Mythical Aldanar Vanity

A couple from one shot chests and two from Valdaran.