lost interest in the game.

The game is good but i dont have full time to play this. Its not my main game and i play others. If this game is dedicated to “hardcore” players so i cant enjoy the purple itens. The game takes too long…nothing against this…i understand.

But if crate wanna sell more need to improve a little bit the drop rate to attract more players. I played d1/d2 and was more viable to play…grim dwan its a bit exaggerated the drop rate. diablo 3 was super easy to get …i know grim dawn is a lot better than diablo3 and now my favorite arpg is grim dawn for sure!

I cant progress anymore because the drop…try to play with blue itens…you will die a lot! The monster jump/run in my face…sometimes they have normal speed but sometimes they run like crazy! Like the hero super flash…whatever.

Sounds almost like a super classified hint at a mod…

Dun dun dun.

Lol… Actually I’ve only dabbled with mods lightly in the first months of modding. I’m just waiting for it to mature more and get a solid base, maybe let a few massive overhaul type mods to come into being with new content and the like.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

drop rates are fine really …

5 legendaries is less that what I’ve got today just doing act 1 in Ultimate

I die a lot in elite…i cant survive there. Drop rate in elite must be something a little bit better…its just pointless play in elite if i cant get good itens.

With dedicated builds you can do well with single mastery chars, but I think you need to have excellent gear. If you frequently die in elite difficulty, then I suggest to add a second mastery - mostly for having access to a second mastery bar, but also to add skills you miss out on.

Wait, are you trying to beat the game with single masteries? That’s your problem right there, the entire game is balanced around dual masteries with Soldier being the only mastery to be able to beat it due to how tanky it is.

if you die there a lot, you have to work on your build, not on getting better items to compensate…

EDIT: single mastery is a huge mistake…

Fixed that for you. My Soldier is doing just fine.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I am still pretty sure Soldier + second mastery would do even better :wink:

in Ultimate rain legens

i have 2 masteries…duh.

Something that I think is lost on too many players these days…

If all you are concerned with is seeing purple rain down on your screen, then I think you are missing the core of the game. There are other levels of rarity for a reason. And the opportunity to min/max your character as you level opens up many layers of understanding within the game. It seems like so many want to rush to endgame, or what they think endgame is (omgz gib me purplez nao!), that anything short of a legendary becomes static in the background.

If you pay attention to things that drop, I’ve found it helps smooth out the learning curve because you’re making smart decisions based on an understanding of the game mechanics that I think the devs hope each player developes.

I’ve seen this in damn near all the steam games I own. Game mechanics are the key to truly gaining survivability. Just some players just don’t like to tinker…Which just makes me wonder why they’re playing an arpg.

the way you posted it, it sounded like 1 per char, not 2, as you use a mastery name, not the name for the combination

either way, what I wrote holds true, if you die a lot, improve your build instead of hoping item drops will compensate for it

Also, use faction gear to close some gear gaps

I do not expect it to “rain legendary items” but I could see that the item progress curve is too slow. For those who play only 1 game is acceptable but for people like me who I classify as eclectic and casual medium the game is uninteresting quickly.

this game not is for all

While there will always be differing opinions on what a ‘good’ drop rate it, GD has a higher drop rate than most other ARPGs…

I also do not see the slow curve either, if you play little (“eclectic and casual”) then you progress little and gain fewer drops, but relative to the progression of others that play more, you get the same amount of drops per level / hour, so we are back to GD having a good drop rate :wink:

Your problem is that you die a lot, probably due to a bad build, which slows progression and farming (if you even do that, I do not), not the drop rate

Something should be said for the human element as well. Using a good build, but with questionable tactics (read: skill), will get you into trouble just the same.

As others have said… Hate to add fuel to the fire, but 200 hours and 5 legendaries, that’s just some terrible RNG there, or you’re simply not playing enough on Ultimate with a Max level 85 character.

So, are you sure you’re doing Ultimate at Max level and doing efficient farm spots? or basically simply going after as many purple bosses as you can fine.

I have a little over 200 Hours myself, and recently came back to the game just a bit after 1.0.6 got released, got my character to Ultimate and stepped away for a bit, but lately for the past Month or so, I’ve in an action RPG itch, and obviously Grim Dawn has been filling that spot nicely, especially with the new 1.0.7 patch.

With that being said, I finished up Ultimate on my Warder, and got him to 85, about I’d say like a month ago, and from than on I’ve been solely in farm status. Trying to collect as much gear as possible for other possible chars I wanna play and such.

My Warder is at a point right now where he can do most content in the game, except Mad Queen at the moment (Ohh, the last Boss in Port Vocab still eludes me sadly, 0 for 3 so far, heh) and here’s how my item transfer stash looks:

And that’s basically just about a month of farming Purple Bosses and doing Rogue Dungeons and such… If you’re interested in my farm path, I pretty much posted a detail description here in this thread, so feel free to check it out:

Scroll down to about Post #4, you’ll see my farming paths there… Is it ideal and efficient? probably not, but it is time consuming and worth it I find. (and one thing I guess I do have is time, so farming like this, doesn’t bother me…)

Do I also have the most uber stuff? of course not, I’m still missing basically the entire Ultos set (only got the weapon in the Stash at the moment) still which is my BiS for my spec right now as a Lighting Warder , ugh :(… so in my eyes… Legendaries do drop, but if you’re looking for specific ones, than that’s entirely different matter.