Loyalist Pack with

More bag space? While I may not be like others here that get into “fashion” of my toon, I am constantly wishing we had more bags or, at the very least, more bag space? Maybe have it where with loyalist pack, you get a certain amount bagspace per bag? Or, again, at the very least, one bag bigger than the others? Hey pervs, I am serious! :stuck_out_tongue: Anyways, I"m sure this has been posted before. Just thought I would toss the idea out there!

Anyways, hope everyone had a great weekend. Also, Happy Holidays all!

Forcing players to waste money for more bag space is honestly a dick move and it would piss a lot of people off. At least with something like a loyalist pack.

I don’t mind it in expansions because it comes a lot more with it. But a loyalist pack with just more bag space? That’s sure to backfire on the devs.

2 Likes

Said it before, i would pay for unlimited storage. Yes unlimited storage. How would crate do it? I have no idea, but this is one of the few lingering issue that Grim Dawn has never dealt with. Extra storage space, shared stash space, bag space are all band aids to the problem. And before you ask having to run an external program to store items is not a solution i would try again. Programs can be abandoned, players move on, no i want a solution that is in game. We had the same problem in Titan Quest.

So for me personally yes i would pay more money to Crate if they could give me unlimited storage space. Something like the fantastic loot filter that Crate implemented relatively recently, something like that where i could filer by stats, rarity etc. This is sorely missing from the current game.

1 Like

They are not “band aids” because they are deliberate and intentional. And if they were actually band aids, why would they make storage limited in the first place?

And how greedy Crate would look like selling unlimited storage space when there’s one for free.

The storage issue is a problem endemic to any loot based game

“why would they make storage limited in the first place?”

Perhaps it was an engine limitation when the game was first envisioned.

Why would they change it now?

Easy answer

popularity

Grim Dawn has succeeded immensely in this genre, more then Crate ever hoped it would as they have said before.

Remember Grim Dawn started out drastically different as it was initially designed to be and what we have today. The players have loved and embraced the game. If the players want a feature and are willing to pay for it the designers have adapted in response to the requesting the feature.

Take a look at Fallout 76. That game might be a disaster of a design but the die-hard fans have asked for and received unlimited storage for scrap with the Fallout 1st subscription. “The Scrapbox has unlimited storage, so no need to worry about picking and choosing when it comes to hoarding scrap.”

Heck when i say unlimited i really just mean i want to keep every Legendary item i find and compare stats to items i already have and trade the less of value items with other players, that’s really about all i want from storage. That and the ability to search for a particular effect like we can with Grimtools but have it in game.

You know there might be a really neat and fun solution?

Why not make a pocket dimension a Trophy Room,
like the Shattered Realms portal that would allow us to go to a special place were we could organize items in multiple chests to our hearts content. By making it part of the main campaign it could be a neat lore friendly way of giving us a nearly unlimited amount of storage.

The demand is there, why not give it a shot see if we like it? What has Crate got to loose? They can only make this game better and better. How does that meme go? oh yeah Shut Up And Take My Money!

I would be fine with an expansion with more bag space too. Just figure it would likely be a loyalist pack due to the fact that they are done with game, at least for now. I can see both sides of the coin though. Some people like transmoging, others not so much.

Not sure I want unlimited storage, though. I get why Crate doesn’t have unlimited storage. When you’re in the “dungeons” they don’t want you get every single thing, hence the ability to make a gate not there. To me, though, it feels like we don’t have enough in those. Most of the time, I don’t even pick up the yellows, because due to components, greens, blues and legendary items, I’m throwing out greens by the end of most of these.

Either way, to each their own. I’m down to throw my money at them for space, while not for transmog. Others would disagree. It is just an idea.

I suspect even Zantai is against the idea of charging people for something that can be gained freely alternatively (If we search around we might even find quotes of him saying essentially that). Plus GD, and Crate, is essentially pro-modder - which is awesome in my book.

And then there is the Big Boss (medierra) who at last check on the topic was against it (unlimited stash) irregardless of popularity. Maybe he’s changed his mind since then, maybe not. It is what it is. I’m fine anyway the wind blows but if they decided to charge for such a thing that would be a black mark against them from where I sit.

2 Likes

@powbam, so it safe to use the mods? I’ve been too nervous to try them, since it’s via another site completely. Wasn’t sure how well it was protecting us from trojans, malware, and such. Hence my hesitation to use them and the fact, in most cases, just don’t really like using them. There have been some that caught my attention though.

Completely safe. Crate has nothing in place to negatively affect you or your game if you use mods, nor do they desire to penalize you for such activity. Achievements even are still acquirable with mods.

Anything posted here on the site is more or less safe - if Crate ever got wind of someone releasing something malicious on their forum (even if links to downloads off the site) they would undoubtedly remove the post and it is highly likely the offenders account would be removed as well.

1 Like

Thanks for the information! :smile:

1 Like

No problem. Keep in mind that 3rd party tools like Grim Internals or GD Stash (or even my GD Switcher) can potentially trigger 3rd party Anti-virus programs - if this happens these are false-positives (bad warnings) and you would then need to make the judgement call to allow it or not. Nothing posted here has ever been malicious to my knowledge and most tool and mod makers have been regulars of the site here for years now and are generally considered trustworthy.

1 Like

Daalon, all of the outside game executable programs work great, as long as Crate doesn’t update to a new version. Which they hardly ever do :wink: Just kidding

In all seriousness if you chose to store items outside of the game then be aware the author of said program could stop supporting the tool at any time they wish. If a new game version comes out then the program may just not work anymore a problem i encountered again and again with Titan Quest the game engine Grim Dawn was based upon long ago.

Also this forum was hacked before and we were all forced to change our passwords. Downloading an executable and running it in parallel to running your game is entirely up to you. You could run it in a sandbox to make sure it was safe.

Again all the more reason that there could be an official Crate Trophy Room Loyalist Pack that would address all these problems of using third party apps, and we could show off our gear as well!

1 Like

You could at least note that all the “core” popular tools have been here for years… and supported for years.

Also, once Crate finally stops updating the game this then becomes a moot issue.

Crate forced a password change because it’s the common sense thing to do when someone is attacking your site (to ease the common-folks “fears”). The person responsible did not gain access to any files (or more specifically, account information)… he was only able to basically re-route the entry page to display his own page “bragging” about what he did.

With that said, it was a flaw of the older forum software that Crate had been using. Discourse forum software is much more up-to-date and they take security quite seriously (it helps that Discourse is also open-source).

Discourse Security

Indeed the mod authors have been very loyal and dependable and i am sure they will support their tools in the future, however depending on an additional program for a game based on loot is an inherent risk , just stating the obvious, no ill will was intended i promise.

The forums hacking was indeed responded to quickly by Crate a sensible precaution.

1 Like

Highly doubt it.

Even a lot of fans of the game lambasted Bethesda for locking unlimited stash behind a paywall.

A lot of things are in “popular demand” but Crate clearly doesn’t want to implement them for clear reasons. Closed servers, seasons and other multiplayer stuff, and other stuff like map markers that the player can put on the map and being able to revert the second mastery choice.

Just because something is in popular demand doesn’t mean it should go in the game. And having players have to waste money for unlimited storage would make Crate look so bad, specially when the game is at the end of development. It would like they are trying to squeeze some easy money at the end.

When Zantai added stuff from Griminternals into the game, he gave credit to Glockengerda and i recall (someone correct me if i’m wrong) that he didn’t put everything from that mod in order to not make it obsolete and make it look like the modder wasted their time. And that was a free update.

I highly doubt he wants to make GDstash pointless and ask for money for his version of it.

1 Like

Well, it was actually more about implementing the tools primary features (auto-loot/combine of components, health bars etc). I don’t think he was ever interested in doing everything GI does (it does alot).

But it was indeed GI’s popularity that forced Zantai to do that (plus I think he felt sorry for her getting harassed to update it after every game update). She still gets harassed anyway tho so… yeah :wink:

Patch 1.1.4.0

[Special Thanks]
The team wishes to express our sincere gratitude to the modding community for not only providing our players with new content to enjoy but also new features and utilities that they otherwise would not have access to.

With today’s update in particular, we wish to thank GlockenGerda for their hard work in creating Grim Internals and inspiring the team to incorporate several quality of life features that have proven to be a staple within the playerbase. We hope that these now baseline features will be a boon to all of our players!

[Major New Features]

• Auto-Loot for Components, Consumables and Crafting Materials is now available! Simply toggle the option in in the Game Options!
  • Partial Components that are looted are now automatically merged with other Partial Components in your inventory.
  • Monster Health Bars are now available! To enable them, open the Game Options menu and select your desired settings under the HUD tab.
  • Monster HUD has been overhauled with updated visuals.
  • Game Options menu has been updated with a new tab. The General tab has been split into Gameplay and Interface for better organization, and also cause General was ready to explode with options.
  • The Crafting UI now has a Search Bar to filter through your blueprints based on name or specific stats, similar to the Devotion search.
  • Owners of the Ashes of Malmouth expansion now have a Search Bar within the Stash, which will highlight items based on your parameters.

Lol that thread… I filtered it to show only Zantai posts. His replies kill me sometime ahahah

Note: for anyone that doesn’t know how to filter a thread to show just one persons posts:

^Simply scroll to the end of the threads first post and do as shown in the screenshot. It’s just that simple.

Fair points. Like in the OP, it was just an idea. Didn’t think about the points you brought up. Free would be even better :wink:

Side note; My lips are burning from dealing with habaneros! :hot_face: