Make ALL skills available on LMB

It’s just weird that skills like EoR can’t be bound to LMB even when they are clearly meant to be a primary skill

This would have no sense, imo. Imagine Wind Devils on LMB, only castable on enemies. Or a movement skill that doesn’t require target. Or a buff. xD

I mean, I would not care anyway, because I hate using mouse. I’m actually working on a program that allows me to use my mouse via keyboard. :smiley:

I suppose I’m talking about customization. Having it available as an option doesn’t hurt players who wouldn’t want to use that key binding, but would hurt players who do.

I believe that someday Zanai said that this are make to prevent immobilize player’s movement.
Imagine AAR bound to left mouse button - it’s a nightmare.

But you don’t have to put it there if you don’t want to?

By making it unavailable, you limit freedom/versatility. I personally only attack with ranged units using the forced-attack function, and only click to move.

Maybe I’m being selfish, but I don’t see how making this option open to all would affect any other players.

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showpost.php?p=721678&postcount=3

It’s impossible to bind all skills to LMB since some of them prevent movement.

An earlier thread:

And

So EoR shall forever remind a RMB skill? Damn. :confused:

Thanks for the heads up norzan

You’re not supposed to be absolutely free to do whatever you want without restrictions. Sometimes you have to prevent players from doing stupid things even against their wishes.

I fail to see how my request is stupid. :confused:

It imposes on no one, really.

+1 for making all skills LMB bindable. I use force move most of the time when moving, which would override anything you put in the LMB and completely negate Crate’s argument against allowing some skills to be placed there.

This. Just learn to force move if you’re worried about a LMB skill making you stand still.

Astounds me how many people don’t know how to use this feature.

Yes, because everybody uses Forced Move. Forcing optional features on players is how you do a game.

No, players who don’t know how to force move can just choose not to bind those skills to LMB.

Making those skills available for LMB is not the same as “forcing” players to put those skills on LMB. It’s not a rocket science concept, lol.

Putting it on the LMB would force people to use Force Move, because movement would be impossible with the skill on LMB (which is how you walk in this game).

And it doesn’t matter if people are not forced to use that skill in LMB. What if i want to use that skill in LMB but not forced move? It will not work. It’s also consistency, because being able to walk with some skills on LMB without forced move but not with others is nonsensical design.

There is 0 debate to be had here. This will not happen for reasons we’ve explained countless times.

Maybe removing LMB skills and forcing force move would help settle this issue once and for all.

Removing all skills would definitely settle this issue. :stuck_out_tongue: :cool:

Kind of a shame, though, because the reasons given have never been an issue in other games in the genre. I’m able to Fire Strike on LMB without issue - I don’t understand why something like AAR wouldn’t work the same way: make ground-target skills trigger on click, with holding allowing movement again, while skills like AAR would only attack if you have a target selected, otherwise functioning as a move (I use fire strike as an example because it’s functionally similar on my purifier - a constant chain of pain). Eye of Reckoning would channel the skill and move by clicking if you have the energy for it, and just walk otherwise. Skills with a cooldown would default to walk/basic attack while on cooldown. If it’s ground-target and can’t lock to a specific enemy, it would simply Walk unless you use Stationary Attack, same as any other attack.

So, since it’s clearly not an end-user issue (Because context-sensitive commands have been a thing forever), so it’s an issue with the programming on the backend that makes it impossible?

1 Like