Make Morgoneth easier, please!

He is !!!EXTREMELY!!! too strong, I don’t understand how to kill him properly. On long range he jumps and kills, on short range he kills, on mid range throw many flashy things and kills. At the same time I have to watch on crystal that throw same flashy things, on 1-2 dudes that run/cast/summon 100500 particles of mass destruction, dogs and who knows what else. And everything happens on very tiny area. Am I playing Binding of Isaac?
Out of 5-6 runs I was able to kill him once, but that was pure luck I guess.

1 Like

Link us your GT.

No offence - but the problem is most likely due to your spec

No. If at all, Morgoneth deserves a buff :imp:

Aether Warlock
Cold, Lightning Druid
Elemental Magehunter
megadeathkillingmachine229
Nobody could defeat him, except for Warlock (luck)
And, finally, meet the champion, who could somehow facetakned him
ITS HIGH NOON!

1 Like

For starters, DA is a big factor for Morgoneth - he passively reduces any character’s by ~150 and after a couple melee attacks reduces them again by a massive 450. Most of your characters have passive DA values in the 2500-2700 range which puts them at risk of getting crit increasing the amount of damage they will take.

Every one of Morgoneth’s projectiles and his leap do some level of Physical damage. Only your Tactician has 100% armour absorption and a great deal of armour, passable physical resistance and flat damage absorption at the end to fully negate these. Some of your characters having anywhere between 70-90% armour absorption and/or low physical resistance (less than 10%) mean these projectiles are gonna hurt when you eat several.

The Cold/Lightning Druid and Elemental Mage Hunter have no reliable and continuous way of recovering health. Compare it to your Warlock, Blademaster or Tactician who will get their health back in rapid amounts. I would say it is better to recover health in consistent streams than large, infrequent chunks (or that the large chunks should be supplemented by streams).

His reduced target damage debuff is also pretty pertinent as I don’t think any Boss in the game reduces how much damage you deal as high as 60%? (besides superbosses). This is worth mentioning because by lowering how much damage you deal, you also life steal back less and thus have a harder time of recovering. This in particular will be heavily effecting your Blademaster I imagine.

7 Likes

True, but
+1 for the OP.

1 Like

Sorry but nope, he’s fine.
I actually apreciate having a strong boss in a dungeon for once.

1 Like

@Evil_Baka summed it up nicely. Morg does some damage and threatens crits and you simply don’t have most builds tuned to address that.

Something is not right. I can defeat all bosses and one superboss, but for this guy all my characters must be soldiers. They can defend themselves in their own way, but he doesnt care. He is too powerfull, he is not superboss, he must be nerfed

1 Like

He is fine as he is - we need actually more stronger and challenging END game BOSSES (Looking at you Korvaak).

3 Likes

Ok I got, either play soldier or don’t dare to step into 5th dungeon

1 Like

That or, you know, get some DA.

2 Likes

Well, he manages to kill my belgo blade master 10% of the time. And his spex are perfect. It’s a bit strange with morgo, that’s 4 sure

1 Like

Um…what?

You also have shit for armor absorption. For example, on your aether 'lock, you essentially have 78% of your actual armor rating.

@klasperstanze: GT for BM pls

@Predator-X: Not trying to insult you, just being direct - It sounds to me like you’re salty (which is fine). But don’t be so quick to dismiss the advice being offered here by veterans like @Evil_Baka.

For example, your clairvoyant lock should be able to kill morg easily.

From personal experience, i have builds that complete trash him and others where he actually gives me shit. That’s honestly consistent with several bosses, so i’d say he’s fine.

1 Like

It’s superfluff’s :slight_smile:

That’s probably why. It’s super glassy

If i can offer some tips for your BM:

1. You have no Ghoul (aka you are asking for it) that is a must for almost any build nowadays especially Melee (any kind). Its the difference between win/lose outside of Crucible speedrun competitions.

2. You have zero points in War Cry - even that will reduce incoming dmg by 25%!! and with Belgo relic ensures its up 100% of the time.

3. Also probably you need to better time when to disengage - a wise man said once - retreat and fight again, or be stubborn and die.

Good luck - and frankly once getting the hang of it Morgo isnt that tough (hence he could use a small buff in HP).

I can’t uplift all my characters to Tactician level, because they are different. Not everyone can achive such levels of armor and DA.

Anyway, fine. Let him have all his debuff abilities, even if they are ridiculous. But at least make this battle one to one, because this area is too small for boss, summons, summons of summons, projectiles from boss, projectiles from crystal, projectiles from summons. Or make area larger.
Big tree from 4th dungeon also a nasty one, he also reduce DA and resistances and his area is one big trap, but he is alone, which make fight more or less fair.
I dont know what makes Morgoneth so special, but this encouter is not ok, it needs some changes.

1 Like

For you to complain this much means the rogue dungeon is working a bit as intended. I wish I could say the same for alkamos and sharzul