Make Wind Devil permanent

Why is it that Blade Spirit got this treatment but wind devil didn’t?
I’m playing a Trozans Druid atm and it’s so annoying to recast them over and over again. Same with my Stun Jacks Elementalist…

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 2 XL mit Tapatalk

It’s worth considering the upsides and downsides to it:

Plus side to making Wind Devil permanent is better QoL on using it (no recasts necessary).

Downside is the maximum number you can have out would likely get lowered to 2-3 (as Blade Spirit had it’s max summon limit lowered). As of now, with the right modifiers, Wind Devil can get a summon limit of 4-5. Thus, making it permanent presumably is a loss in DPS.

That’d be really dope!
It’s usually a skill you want to have up but if you want to keep 2 up all the time you need to stop from walking/running just to cast it every 3-5 seconds… even in between group of ennemies. That touch the fluidity of a build!

Considering the way they reduce Elemental resist (their AI/movement) and their range that still wouldn’t be better than Curse of Frailty (can possible cover a bigger area) or Aura of Censure (well it’s an aura :stuck_out_tongue: ). But that would be so much more enjoyable to play with it. :smiley:

I wouldn’t mind a small nerf to the RR if while testing it feels too good.

Never used Wind Devils so far, simply because i don´t wanna stop every X seconds to recast them. It just feels off, and I don´t care how awesome the debuff is.

So yeah, make them permanent please.

Come to think of it, a “Spin to Win” build with Wind Devils would probably feel ever more weird. Eh. :mad:

And then they will have redesign all the items that give cooldown reduction to summon Wind Devils.

I think initially Crate balanced these summons with reduction of DPS as a penalty in mind. Blade Spirit was changed probably because it was too much of a penalty for Nightblade class. Shaman… I don’t know

Wind Devils are set up as a castable attack. That they also follow you is a plus.

Blade Spirits and the upcoming Guardians of Empyrion are intended more as a support role and so were made permanent.

It would be great if Thermite Mines were permanent too.

What can happen is that they’re renamed to Thermite Mimes and will be basically following you around and pretending to be effective. Without sound fx of course.

Wind devil makes you stop in between cast, even out of combat! A skill like Curse of frailty cover a wide area and trigger really fast in a pack of monsters any devotion proc assigned to it! So the damage coming from the proc + the effective RR makes it fun to use.

Maybe adding a item (that could be used by many diffent builds - melee, ranged, mage…) that adds 5-7 Seconds to the duration? If not permanent, adding duration would make the skill more fun to use. Just a though!

As for Blade Spirits, I retried with a pierce build and the damage was good overall while having 3 of them. All in all it’s decent for melee builds (at least for pierce damage), but not much for ranged builds (demonslayer set), imo.

Why not Termite Mimes? :stuck_out_tongue:

I suppose you’ll like one of the Forgotten Gods sets then. :wink:

I believe there are some items already though that extend their duration.

Ah, some “spoilers” on new sets. I am fire up - can’t wait to see new opportunities for builds! :slight_smile:

Yeah, I found 3 items extending WD duration:
https://www.grimtools.com/db/prefixes/10274
https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/9357
https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/9324

Permanent Wind Devils is op. Having them all without investing in gear (uptime mods and cdr) and having to cast them = op. With good phys to lighting conversion and maxed first and last node Devils are very powerful in numbers. Like Blade Spirits can’t compare. Besides it would render many items with relevant mods obsolete.

Dropping summon limit would hurt druids. Decreasing RR would hurt all shamans maybe except the most op vindicators or conjurers. In any way crippling Devils for more QoL… sorry but to this I say nay.

What I would recommend instead is slightly speeding up casting animation and wind up and maybe also run speed

Would love it if they ever make them permanent even if it means nerfing their dmg output a bit.

But atleast they aren’t Thermite Mines…

Mythical Codex of Eternal Storms increases Wind Devil life by 8 seconds and there is an affix on the Conduit of Wild Whispers that adds another 4 seconds, as well as reducing cooldown by 0.5 secs.

Works for me.

Like many players I use Wind Devil for utility/support (resist reduction).

I prefer to go around casting “pet attack” than having to resummon them repeatedly.

The main issue, as for me, with Wind Devils being not permanent is the trouble of managing them. Not only you’re forced to press the button like every time it’s off-cooldown (otherwise you’ll just forget they already expired) but you also have to command them to sit on the target you want them to debuff. Furthermore, if you or the target move too far, the Tornado just goes away and force you to command them again. The funniest thing I’ve ever experienced, I’ve been fighting with a boss, I believe it was the Troll from the cave in Smuggler Pass, and even though a ranged enemy was miles away, and I’ve cast that fucking Wind on top of the Troll’s head, it chased the archer anyway. That’s a huge downside of that skill, and also a reason for me to mod it and make them permanent.

I’ve been using permanent WD for a while, and honestly, I see no difference. I mean, yeah, I don’t have to recast them anymore, which saves my time and makes me focus on the battlefield more, but I still have to waste time on managing those dumb tornados to focus what I want them to focus, otherwise, no matter how far the enemy is, they’ll chase it.

If that skill will be left as it is, at least make it attack the same target you attack, unless commanded differently. It would solve so many issues with that skill.

But the only purpose of Blade Spirits is damage while Wind Devils are used for debuff. Therefore, BS=castable attack and WD=support, no?
Honestly, I expected all the player-scaling pets would become permanent :slight_smile:

True about the conduit amulet which could work for any build… not sure how 4 sec translate in game gameplay wise!

Now that I think of it, yeah, that’s probably the most pressing issue with Devils.

I usually bind pet attack command somewhere and press it when I engage the enemy…

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk