Making Right-Click do a "move/attack" like Left-click does

In Grim dawn, Left-click when bound to a default attack works as a sort of Move/attack combo. No other key behaves like that. This seems to be a hardcoded feature that cannot be tweaked in game.

I would like to switch this behavior to Right-click. Currently I can sort of do it by using an app that inverse the two mouse buttons in the game but that comes with drawback where every menu and interaction needs to be right-clicked, sell becomes left click etc… Is there a way to do this through hidden game settings or mods ?

Reason I ask is I have always played GD and other ARPG with “force move” on the left-click and “attack” on the Right-click. But this creates targeting issues in GD with melee weapons where your character sometimes swings at nothing.

1 Like

Good suggestion

No. Maybe I could make sth useful to you in a program though. What I use with some melee AA builds:

[combo holds]
combo1=RButton:LButton

which makes LMB be held if you hold RMB. The advantage over what you have is that this can be either configured on toggle (Tab for example) for shopping / inventory management or made to activate with a delay so that nothing happens if you briefly Right Click instead of holding it for a defined fraction of a second.

1 Like

Thank you for the answer ! That program looks very nice. I am sure I can use this somehow.

I am trying to mentally theorycraft some workaround to my issue using the functions in the program. One of my big concern is that I want to avoid messing with my muscle memory as much as possible. I exclusively play Hardcore and I would not like to die because of confusion with controls. I also try to keep controls across all my games as similar as possible. But it looks like I may have to compromise at least a little bit.

Thanks again for sharing that program, will update here if I do something interesting with it.

Sure. Alternatively you can describe the behavior you want and I can think of how to configure it. The program is pretty powerful but it takes some experience. Just RMB and LMB swap (with a toggle) might be possible too (although I don’t have 100% true button swap but rather some similar thing).

I ended up doing something with REWASD. I am sure you can do more with Grim dawn auto caster but REWASD is surprisingly deep and I do not have to learn how to script or ask others to do it for me.

I had used REWASD in the past for controllers but turns out it also works great with mouse and keyboard.

Using REWASD I made it so that when the GD window is active, Left and right mouse buttons are swapped, so it works as I wish for combat. But if I hold LCtrl while in the game, mouse will return to normal and I can click all the menus normally while holding control. Somehow my brain likes that better than having all the controls reversed.

I also setup a key that I can hold to switch to my second Quickbar and it goes back to the first quickbar on release. Very handy. I tried to make it the same LCtrl key that I use for the mouse swap but that ended up being a bit buggy so I put that idea on hold. But I would still like to do it.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s nice, I did such things both in my program and in Steam’s Big Picture for controller users