Margul the Rotting: the still buggy bug

It seems to occur less than it did before, but it still happens: Margul sometimes bugs out when summoning his maggots on death. The maggots just don’t summon, which then locks you in the SR boss room to, I assume, wait for the incorrectly summoned maggots to decay (corpse persistence?) before the timer ends and you can proceed.

Hmmm I’ve never had that happen, ever. And I encounter him quite frequently it seems. Interesting, I’ll have to keep an eye on this and see if it happens now lol.

Did you verify game files?

Yes, everything seems to be in order. I think I recall @Gnomish_Inquisition mentioning the issue in the last patch as well.

What’s your corpse persistence setting?

Pretty low.

Update: the bug definitely still happens, even after verification.

for shts and giggles, have you tried increasing corpse persistence ?
and if you have gore on/off have you tried selecting the opposite?

i haven’t encountered this issue in a while myself

There’s nowhere to increase, my persistance is maxed. What can I say, I like looking at corpses :smiley:
My gore is off, could try to turn it on and see.

However, issue is the bug isn’t consistent. I was convinced that it was actually fixed with this patch because I fought Margul about 7 or 8 times before it reappeared. So even if I tweak corpse persistence down and turn on gore, do 10 runs at Margul’s lair (cause there’s no way I’m getting a big enough sample size in SR), still doesn’t mean gore fixes it, it can just be randomness screwing with the numbers. I also don’t recall having the maggots not spawn in campaign, but that is entirely anecdotal. I have been trying to keep an eye on it since the bug started occurring but since them not spawning in MC doesn’t lock me in the room, it’s entirely possible it has happened and I just didn’t pay attention to it.

hmm same settings as me then :thinking: persistence max and gore off

are you killing margul last everytime this happens/happened in SR?
thinking maybe if that’s so it could be why i haven’t noticed it since i always kill him first or second just based on spawn location, *not deliberately trying to prevent this glitch

No, I’ve just had it happen a few minutes ago when I killed him second. Since the game seems to kinda pause timers on things that aren’t on the screen, if I kill him early on, the spawn bugs out, and I walk away and kill the other bosses, when I go back to his spawn his corpse is still there. I have to wait for the corpse to decay and then about 10 seconds after it disappears, the room finally completes. The duration I have to wait seems to be fairly consistent. Wait for the corpse to decay, a few moments after, room ends. Regardless of whether he dies early or last.

Next time it happens I’ll make a point of not going to his corpse and see if that prolongs the timer. I do remember at some point, quite a number of patches ago, I was locked in the boss room for about 3 and a half minutes before it ended. However, at the time I wasn’t aware that it was (probably) Margul causing that so I didn’t track whether he was in the room and if so whether I let his corpse decay. I was just runnig circles around the room wondering when it’s gonna end.

I had the same issue with Margul, look here, SR video. Killed Margul, then Fabius and spent 40 seconds circling around until Shard closed. 1.1.9.7, Gore off, Corpse Persistence max.

1 Like

Finally got him to bug out again just now and intentionally did not go back to his corpse to let it decay. Was stuck in the room for over a minute. The room didn’t end until I walked to the corpse, let it decay, about 10 s after it disappeared, the room ended.

i wonder if he spawns (live) grubs under the floor? :thinking:

There’s no healthbars though. Maybe it’s some sort of a trigger bug? The game commands him to summon the maggots, something there bugs out, but the game doesn’t have a condition for if the maggots don’t spawn and assumes they spawned. Then a summon duration on the maggots has to run out before all enemies are considered eliminated and the room ends. 90 % sure I’m talking out of my ass on that.

1 Like

This just happened to me last night: Margul was the last boss I killed and he didn’t summon his maggots. I waited about a minute and then the emissary or SR guy whatever his name is, appeared.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.