Meme Time! Show us your silly builds :D

Feels bad man. But I guess I shouldn’t be surprised as Mr. GI stated aura damage not stacking. Kinda forgot that Seal is an aura basically, or Barrier rather.

Thanks for checking and letting me know, though.

Cold bros WHAT?

check out the demolitionist conduit for cold thermite mines :ok_hand:

2H Acid BH Cabalist Cabalist, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.8) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

Didn’t test it since OA&DA are pretty low and CC resist aren’t capped.

Custom Bleeding Phantasmal Blades Witch Hunter Witch Hunter, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.8) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

Stats are looking good but didn’t test it because I don’t know how to play with a build has no AA skill :stuck_out_tongue:

Bleeding Korba Trickster - Trickster, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.8) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator Probably the worst idea ever.

DW Lightning ABB + Stun Jacks Saboteur - Saboteur, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.8) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

Yeah I know. Didn’t test it either.

1 Like

For the moment xD

Edit. How could i forget

5 Likes

I’ve had this on the files for a bit, and since I can’t play it currently (hence why so much TC and boredom), …maybe it can generate some interest in this fun meme which imho looks fairly solid on paper:

Spirits and Shells : Reap Spirits double-dip … hybrid pet build

• Can have 2 MT, 5 decently powerful Wraiths, Damaging TM. Wraiths are Vit/Aether
  • Sustain is Wendigo, Fangs, and Siphon.
  • Circuit breakers: Blast Shield, Frez Devotion, Unlife, MoT
  • RR is vit:90% + aether:121%, not counting RR from Reap or Bysmiel.
  • The biggest drawback is that Reap reduced RR is single target…which is ok for bosses but not so much for AoE. But…Bysmiel Authority skill does give huge AoE 20 reduced RR for a short duration - albeit only every 25 sec.
  • A filler component skill could be added like fully-converted Stormfire(AoE) or purge (Adcth) but I’m not sure that it is needed and cast speed is not that high. If more AoE is needed, then probably could juggle more points into “The Big One”.
  • I think that Reap Spirits pets have enough Resists and damage such that they are not going to wilt very rapidly, which could mean that 5 are on the map regularly with 1s refresh… Also resists could be further increased by augment changes. And Searing Light helps with Fumble.

Skill cycle would be Omen, Siphon, MT, Mines, Reap. With with Hungering Void and Call of the Grave active when available. Searing Light and Bysmiel Authority when needed.

(I was going to call it “hybrid build that doesn’t rely 90% on pets” but hah, TM, MT, Arcane bomb are all player-scaled pets… so it is technically all pets!)

Edit: Tweaked it a bit: Spirits and Shells v2

• BWC as something to do in between Reap Spirits. Also better AoE RR. Topped “The Big One”
  • slow resist was needed for both char and reap spirits, other resists were overkill
  • tweaked the dev path slightly. Added Aetherfire (Staff of R was overkill).
  • swapped some items for better fit. Removed Flashbang and Siphon, but it could be added back in. (Also possible alt dev path: Wendigo, Aetherfire, Sailor swapped for Scales - then no investment needed in Agonizing to free up some skill points…)

And finally, I missed these rings - which can juggle resists a bit better and add some more (~250%) pet damage for likely the best mix (Pet max 1100% + ~400% vit + 75% aether ; character max ~1600% aether + 2100% vit ) :
Spirits and Shells v3

I won’t get around to testing this - so feel free to modify and test.

6 Likes

Is Rutnick Sorc meme enough? Did it like a couple of years ago with full Krieg but this fresh one has different pieces

6 Likes

Non-retaliation Acid Aegis Dervish - Dervish, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.8) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

2 Likes

Ugdenbog rifle acid abb spam wh
Feels fun to play, but I’m not sure as to how viable it is since I haven’t tested it against anything challenging

Also somehow (through chaos conversion) both abomination arms here are usable

S&B Vitality Blitz Warder Warder, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.8) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

2 Likes

An embarrassing build I tried a long time ago…

Bleeding Duration Trickster

The max bleeding duration can exceed +900%, but that’s it. :laughing:

Constitution Death Knight

Unfortunately much of the Constitution has disappeared from the equipment, so it’s pointless now, but I tried in vain to somehow use “Miss Gazer Man” correctly.Even with SR 75-76 it is strangely not easy to die, but the offensive power was too low. :joy:

4 Likes

The recent discussion of Reap Spirits motivated a TC for Elemental spellbinder, specifically Reap Spirit.

SpellbinderElemental Pets (Reap Spirit, Skellies, Primal, BlightF, Gate)

~32% cdr build

• Sustain: Dryad + Giant’s Blood.
  • Defensive Layers: Maiven’s, Omen, Mirror and MoT, and some fumble (devotion, possibly BF too)

Good item rolls should provide ~90% conversion = not much can be done about that. Pets have enough % damage, though, such that 10% conversion shortcoming is manageable.
(Max rolls on amulet and medal = 96% conversion vit->elemental …so there will be some loss regardless.)
(Max rolls on weapon = 99% conversion phys->vit…so some loss there as well.)

Concept:

• cdr build means 2.5s cd RS, 8s cd skeletons, 12s cd BF., but doesn’t benefit 2s primal and 1.8s gate
    *Ravenous (Dryad) and Ill Omen (EleStorm) will proc skill Primal Instinct and World Gate.
  • Main focus is the very durable Reap Spirits (elemental, cold)
  • Skeletons (elemental) proc Tsunami, which also leaves a DoT in addition to overload as skellies are expected to expire frequently. Ofc same source dot won’t stack.
  • Weak Blight Fiend (some elemental) drops Whirlpool for some long AoE, even if the BF dies quickly
  • Primal Swarms (elemental, fire) add some extra damage and elemental retal to everthing.
  • Gate (elemental) is just a bonus.
  • Ravager’s helm gives some extra RR (which basically amounts to adding 120% more pet damage)
  • general pet damage with everything active =~1300% + 200% elemental + even more dot%

It might theoretically need a slight bit of OA to avoid missing Omen/RE/Reap, which is as simple as moving some more points into Inner Focus. --although I recently asked Maya if anyone had run into low OA problems with similar pet builds and it seems to not be a concern…
Imho gloves are best fit even if they sadly top out at lvl 65!

2 Likes

Well now I do, and it’s surprisingly not as bad as I imagined it would be.

With zero cooldown on seal, you can basically cast it as you walk and always have one under you. 100% uptime on 430 damage absorption. The damage is anemic though, but in campaign it feels VERY solid.

1 Like

If only seal dmg could stack like sigils… :frowning_with_open_mouth:
Surprised they dont tbh

1 Like

Yeah, it’s a debuff, like Thermite mines…

Thermite mines don’t stack either.

They create an “aura” with an effect… more mines only creates a bigger aura.
Same with seals.

Both of these should stack IMO. Or at least have part of the damage separate from the debuff so it can actually trigger more devotions and stack that damage.

Nobody uses Thermite mines because they like it.

1 Like

Yeh I know.
Too bad they’re both auras. :frowning:

1 Like

Surprising nobody, the Skeletons died a lot, so the main focus for me was getting Reap Spirit Wraiths to do as much damage as they could as quickly as they could. The toon itself was fairly durable, although pretty prone to getting bursted down when Mirror + MoT wasn’t available.

The best part was that the Skeletons had this pretty blue aura when running around, so Spellbinder at least gets points for that. Not something I’d recommend, but a fun meme concept nonetheless.

4 Likes

Thanks for humoring me and testing the idea (again!). :saluting_face: