Mirror of Ereoctes Retaliation + Elemental Retal in general

Items that give Retaliation Damage to Mirror of Ereotces:
Mirror Avatar of Order
Mythical Turrion’s Reprisal

Since both of these items have a common denominator with Oathkeeper, I wanted to create a Retaliation build that put these items and the +800% Retaliation damage to good use. Here is the build that I’ve been testing for the past few weeks. My intention was to convert the Elemental Retaliation, as well as Mirror’s natural Lightning Retaliation, to Fire damage to make use of Oathkeeper’s Fire RR. I went with Aegis of Menhir because 22/12 Reprisal gives the most Retaliation to Attack as well as the 25% to reset the skill’s cooldown.

Now when everything’s running, Mirror is up, and you can throw 2-3 Aegis skills around because of the cooldown reset + Time Dilation, everything’s great. Unfortunately, that’s not a particularly common occurrence, and without a way to bring more Retaliation into the fray, you end up having to run around a lot. Templar is unfortunately too glassy to act like a real Retal build, and fighting single enemies is far more frustrating when they don’t have adds to serve as a shield fodder (and leech thanks to the Medal buff). Here’s what I’d personally like to see about this combination:

1. CDR to either the Amulet or the Helm or both. Having nearly zero CDR at all makes waiting for Ascension and Mirror an absolute pain, even with Time Dilation chopping off some of the cooldown. You can only skate around so long waiting for both skills to refresh so that you have a chance to lay down moderate amounts of pain. Aegis hits like you’re throwing cookies at the enemy when Ascension is not up. Otherwise, you can also perhaps either give the amulet a modifier that either reduces the cooldown further or adds 0.5-1 seconds to Mirror so that you can actually use the Retaliation to better effect.

2. Elemental Retaliation (I mean any combination of Lightning and Fire) needs more equipment options + Physical resist: Lightning or Fire retaliation are really not in a good place, especially when you compare it to Physical or Acid Retal that has tankiness and Physical resistance out the wazoo. There’s not many options that we do have for many slots (gloves, pants, boots, belt), and nearly all the ones that do are plagued by low stats elsewhere.

3. Please, please, raise the floor for Lightning Retaliation. There is no reason to have a Lightning damage range between 1-1000. If anything, start with something like 100 or 200 - 1000. Something that doesn’t screw with our damage ranges nearly as much as what we have now.

4. The Retaliation components are just bad. It would be great if there was just one rare component that goes something with Retaliation. Bladed Plating or Blazing Ruby really don’t cut it in terms of components that you would use, especially since you have few Elemental Retaliation equipment pieces to choose from in the first place and you have to juggle getting the proper OA / DA / resistances. It also sucks that there are not many spammable components with Retal to Attack that can take the ease of having to invest so much in multiple Retal to Attack skills and have it eat up all your skillpoints.

5. Make it so that Messenger of War is not so dependent on either CDR or “20% on hit with Melee attacks.” Personally, I’d cut down the cooldown from 15 seconds to 12 seconds and make it “20% when hit” like Light of Empiryon was recently changed.

I’m sure there are other ways to look at it, and I’d like to see how other non-Physical or Acid retal fare. I know Lightning retal was given a big nerf recently, so I’d love to hear possible solutions as well.

I am grateful because of changes on some elemental retaliation items like Serenir’s Commendation and Divinesteel Shoulderguard.

I believe Mirror is just terrible as an offensive skill, due to the very low uptime. In another thread I suggested (as did another player before me) the item mods to significantly increase its duration while reducing the damage absorption it has. Dunno if that’s the best solution.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.