The MISSING builds compendium

And all 3 are Inquisitors… For all their perceived flaws, Inquisitors are at least versatile.

I didn’t touch apostate much (if at all)
But the other 2 I used a lot lately.

Paladin is probably underrated. It might not be a top build, but it’s very easy to make a good build with it (even if it might be hard to make a great one) the Synergy is definitely there. I have 3 paladins right now and they all basically use the same skills, with the focus shifting from one to the next.(One is basically a Paladin version of the vanquisher skater, the other 2 are Focused on Judgement and GoE)
2 passive RR skills is really easy to build around.

Deceiver is a weird oddball: it has support for almost all damage type and a source of RR for ALL of them. But their support doesn’t overlap at all. The only semi-obvious choices are elemental (since it has 2 RR sources) and Chaos (one has great support, the other has RR and decent itemization)

However the sets designed for the class support Vitality and Acid, neither of which Inquisitor helps at all…

On top of that, those 2 classes have a lot of flat damage… Spread among pierce, chaos, vitality and Acid… That’s a lot to convert to make use of… for a class with no AA skill.

1 Like

In the last few months half of my builds are Apostates, it’s really versatile class, can do various of damage types and even skills. For instance going for vitality caster, you can do RE build with or without Haggard, Radaggan set can’t fit the conduit. Then vitality FoI is also and option, BH oriented build, etc. For aether you can have various casters, Bonemonger is the set of possibilities. Other than damage Apostate is also above average defensive class. It helps that Necro boosts sustain and having Torment, while Inquisitor provide Seal and portable heal.

For Deceiver, you saw Banana’s build being really great. Outside of it and maybe some chaos FoI you don’t have great options. In matter of fact, you can do many damage types but the class feels unique only for chaos. I would like to see more tri-elemental specific support for a caster.

Paladin before this patch was considered underwhelming. In Crucible, before Gray posting his Guardians build you could’ve achieve decent times only with the Judgement shield guy. And for this class most of the better working builds will be fire. I have tried making different Paladins including auradins and Virtue. Still gearing exists for other damage types, class is improved for diversity. Also Paladin have multiple layers of defense, even if often feels less tanky than it should’ve.

5 Likes

I think there are more options for Chaos. There’s also Reaping Arc (4:26) and I believe Tremor could be good (Deceiver Tremor hasn’t been tested for a long time). Maybe also some Chaos Sigil focused build with the shield? Maybe Acid Deceiver shooter could be okayish if optimized?

2 Likes

Chaos Kalastor is also a prime one for Deceiver. After Necromancer/Occultist/Shaman, Inquisitor and Deceiver as a result is probably the next best mastery for pets as well I believe.

I do agree on Nery’s sentiment of wanting to see a little more done with Elemental caster Occultist beyond the classic trope of just taking Vulnerability + Blood of Dreeg + Wasting for support.

4 Likes

I totally agree so I suggested a second Exclusive for Occultist that was Elemental focused, but that was too much to ask for.

Ultimately the best suggestion was when Stupid_Dragon thought to just add player-based bonuses to Bonds of Bysmiel instead. Kind of like how Master of Death works… Perfect solution and would help out Occultist a bit.

1 Like

Yes it definitely is viable. I’ve been trying to tweak my guy since you shared your version of it, but good pistols are hard to come by so I never really “finished” it. Maybe it’s time to get back on it.

Besides, I’m still trying to come up with a decent tri-elemental Necro build featuring Arcanor. Elemental Forcewave DK seems like the intent but it mediocre at best. Apostate looks like it could make sense, but then again Fleshwarped Shard exists + the conversion on Bonemonger’s set screw it all up (not even considering the fact that you still need a main skill). Maybe Elemental Callidor Binder? :clown_face:

2 Likes

Eard posted Elemental FoI last update for it:

I’ve been fooling around with this for Elemental Bone Harvest but need to finish and test it, then see if it’s at least passable.

Edit: Wrong version.

4 Likes

I wholeheartedly agree as well.

Just to be sure: Does the conversion to elemental is just the flat damage, or is all damage converted as long as Spectral binding is active ?

It counts as global conversion while Spectral Binding is active, so all damage.

2 Likes

@Crab_Turtle_2112 could probably spin up a more defensive version. I really like it bit majority of leech is in foi, so it can feel dicey in crucible if you don’t have a mob in your flame thrower

Physical/Bleed Shieldbreaker? Doesn’t look that bad to me, not even kidding https://www.grimtools.com/calc/pZrBy56Z maybe I’ll try this next.

1 Like

DW chaos Blademaster: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/DV9OKeaN

Next thing to do DW aether Blademaster with Cadence conduit.

4 Likes

I made it with complete embers calling, using cadence aswell, damage was pretty good but squidhy and very clunky to cast Warcry. If menhir’s bulwark made available to DW, it could be tanky enough to play.

Edit: found the link https://www.grimtools.com/calc/xZyGAWe2

2 Likes

Chaos Blademaster: :white_check_mark:

Thanks to both of you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve been meaning to post my chaos eor pally since it is arguably as good as sentinel now. Although the sheet dps is lower, and you interrupt spinning for WoP + seals… so overall kill speed is a little bit slower, but it feels way way safer

3 Likes

Please do.

There are never enough Paladin builds around (especially non-fire ones)

Here’s the aether Blademaster. Considering RR is the main issue, I guess -RR tp Veil of Shadow will be better but Cadence conduit is used for the ‘‘theme’’. GT - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/gZwoy1bZ

1 Like

All we need now is Fire and Lightning Blademaster and “fact” guy could finally have his dream come true.

As for those which actually can be done:

• Cold Bone Harvest + X Defiler with a bunch of Fire - Cold conversion shouldn’t be too bad.
  • Same with Cold Commando & Cold Vindicator. I tried getting Cold Vindicator to work for the longest time and it’s just sooo bad.
  • Dervish and Infiltrator can do anything, something like Lightning DW Shadow Strike can easily be made reasonably.
  • I’ve wanted to make Vitality Grenado Elementalist for the longest time, but anything Elementalist sounds painful.
  • Physical Pyromancer feels like something that’s already been done and just needs to have it posted. Also, I know I have a video of Acid Pyromancer completing Crucible somewhere, I have to look through the archives to see if I can bring it up.
  • I also know there’s a Pierce Battlemage that was done for the memes as well, and @Rhylthar can fill in more Bleed spots (I know there was Bleed Battlemage + a few other classes)
  • Fire Witch Hunter can be done easily with the Ember’s Calling Set.
  • Physical Warlock maybe could be done with Physical Doom Bolt + some converted spells.
1 Like

Aether Blademsater: :white_check_mark:

It has been mentioned as done a couple of times (@fordprefect did if I’m not mistaken)
But for consistency and future reference, I would need at least one Grimtool link (tested) posted somewhere here to check that box.

Fire Blademaster is not a problem with Ember’s Calling you mentioned - DW or maybe Voracious Reach, Chillspikes, Reaping Arc, Obliteration, Blade Spirits, Ring of Steel,

However Lightning Blademaster is another story :wink: