The MISSING builds compendium

Couldn’t you just take Forgefire instead of Skyshard Powder? That nets you almost no damage loss, and the DA gain against OA loss is worth it.

1 Like

IMO the build already needs to kite to stay alive, I doubt it would be enough to change the playstyle.

But I will definitely give it a try, see if it helps

Good call, thanks :slight_smile:

edit: Hey, that’s a decent number for DA now! it had more impact than I thought :smiley:

1 Like

For our purpose here, it’s enough :slight_smile:

Acid Spellbreaker: :white_check_mark:

1 Like

Ok, here are my 2 cents :slight_smile:

Mobility is great in a melee build, and Vire’s might is one of the best mobility skills in the game, I would try to include it. Volcanic stride is also probably the best devotion proccer in the game.

The skill mod for Pneumatic burst is a no-brainer if you have 2 weapons IMO

Shadow dance past 12/12 has diminishing return, you could save a few points there.

There are much better choices of medals out there. Blood sigil of Cth’on, Mark of Ulzuin, Ilgor’s eternal vigil are all better out of the box

I would use a relic that gives +1 to all skills in either masteries or serenity. You could use some more skill points.

Anatomy of murder doesn,t help us as much in a chaos build, I would leave it at 1 point.
But I would soft cap Veil of shadow to increase the range and buff OA shred

You don’t need revenant, The set AA skill has flat RR built-in
Save those points to get ghoul

A single point in celestial presence doesn’t do much for RR… but it does activate their aura, which at least doubles their chance to proc devotion.

I imagine Divine mandate is there for the crit bonus and the slow resist, but the last few points in there increase those very slowly. I wouldn’t max it.

The boots are not doing much, you could probable try to get good stoneplates to beef up your resists

The pants too, maybe get a pair that boost one of the core skills of the build and get a few more bits of defense there too.(Grava’thul’s legguards or Kubacabra’s chausses)

Here’s what it looks like after my suggestions (I haven’t adjusted the armor augments and I picked chaos damage affixes for the 2 green pieces as placeholder) :

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/q2MQrdm2

1 Like

Revenant gives flat RR, Touch of Chaos percentage (%RR) - different types. So they stack.

1 Like

Ohh, didn’t see that, thanks!

Not using RF and choosing Dervish for such build doesn’t make sense. Rah’zin is very cool with WH; if you’re interested in using RF here it is https://www.grimtools.com/calc/8NKD9vO2 you’ll have %37 more RR, just fix the resistances. Maybe you can use Rah’zin belt for extra Chthon racial damage aswell there is plenty of skill points.

1 Like

Hey I have something for this if OP is up to date. Pierce battlemage. Looking it over quick should be optimization left here, already don’t understand some of my skill points distribution. Lol

2 Likes

Did it lose +1 soldier skills somewhere? Looks like it’s missing 1 point in a bunch of skills.
Nice build anyway lol. So Arcanist is just used for OA and damage absorb?

1 Like

It must have, guessing off Valdun set? I think it moved to the gun or something. And yeah, could pull more points into IEE for converted flat, you get some lol aether conversion on the shoulders which I think is why I started to make this

DW version : https://www.grimtools.com/calc/JVlzag5N I just made it so haven’t maxed the devotions(not even halfway) yet and it can kill Gargabol in campaign so it should count. I will share it in a seperate thread if it works well enough after all the process.

PS: Amulet will provide extra %10 phys>fire conversion after the patch aswell.

1 Like

Chaos Dervish: :white_check_mark: Thanks @fishy and @fordprefect
Pierce Battlemage: :white_check_mark: Thanks @eardianm

Dervish only needs a lightning build to be complete (and would be the first non-Inquisitor completed build)

Conjurer, Dervish, Infiltrator and Vindicator are all sitting at 9/10

1 Like

Started to notice some trend in what masteries are especially bad at:

Of the missing physical builds, over half feature Demolitionist
5 of the 6 missing cold builds are Oathkeepers
Over half the missing chaos builds are Shaman
Druid is the only Arcanist to pull off bleeding
All but one missing Aether builds are either part Occultist or part Shaman (Strangely enough, not conjurer)

Aether PS elementalist won’t be super strong but should be doable enough. Will doodle if I have time tonight

1 Like

Three (the obvious ones). I was going to say that if there were only two, something pretty easy was being left out…

I like to think about this project in terms of general solutions, since you don’t set a very high bar for builds to qualify. Best guess for vitality Soldier would just be converting as much physical to vitality as possible (lots of weapons and shields do that, and there’s that Blood Knight set with some Soldier support) and do the standard Cadence sword & board thing. I doubt it would be very good, but should be enough to kill Alkamos etc. (Likewise, it’s really easy to convert Cadence to chaos, so the same idea with different gear would get you the remaining Soldier chaos checkboxes).

On the subject of vitality, I notice Elementalist is missing it. Primal Strike can easily be converted to vitality, so I’d expect all Shaman classes to check that off the list.

Re: Aether - I’d expect all classes to check that off. Someone did a hardcore classless run with Fleshwarped Strikes. That was in the AoM era, but there’s been a massive amount of power creep since then so it should still be possible, probably a fair bit easier.

1 Like

oops my bad. Thanks for bringing that up, I will edit my previous post :slight_smile:

I figured that while that low bar makes it pretty easy right now… it also makes it at least possible when we get to the end and the classes/damage type combo have no synergy

Plus, it allows me to participate, since making builds that can clear SR75 or crucible 170 is generally not something I can do :rofl:

Good itemization, and low resistance from a large swath of enemies. Those that have high aether resist (aetherials) are also on the receiving end of “% damage to aetherials” bonuses… which is found on at least 2 classes.

My best-performing build (Which granted isn’t saying much) is also an Aether build with no class RR :slight_smile:

Chaos should also be just as powerful with no masteries RR, maybe even more so

2 Likes

I can only think of one thing that could possibly work with this and it’s this: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/q2mzjErV

The only thing Conjurer brings is lots of Bleeding RR, so I rounded up everything that could be used for Pierce/Bleeding Savagery. Occultist at least brings Physical Resistance, Attack Speed, flat Vitality damage to convert and RR from the head + amulet. For devotions, I think Unknown Soldier brings a lot to the table, but the affinity cost makes it so perhaps going Bat + Ghoul would be a better investment overall. At least by coupling it with Bleeding, one of the Conjurer’s exclusives actually gets good use.

I see lack of sustain being a big problem, especially with low non-Bleeding damage. If that’s the case, the only other thing I see working is doing Voracious Reach Spin-to-win with the Rancor sword and ways to convert Acid to Pierce to get more flat damage.

2 Likes

I can see Bleed Spellbreaker being ok-ish. Based around Mad Lee’s build (the one posted by Stupid Dragon) : https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4NOmPadV

Replaced Bloodrager’s Helm with Murderer’s Cowl, Relic with Deathstalker, Craftable axe, Gutworm’s medal. Maybe you can use Chillheart, but then you lose Berserker constellation so idk.

Sure it’s much worse than Trickster, but at least it has more OA, crit damage and cdr. Bigger focus on RoS and 1 point Blade Trap for the lols and DA shred.

Won’t have the time to test that for a while though :confused:

1 Like

I can also see this:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RZRbrE0Z

Basically full global conversion from vitality, then use Sigil of consumption and Wendigo totem to kill stuff. It’s probably a bit weak… but also probably immortal.

With the right stuff, Blade arc Battlemage could also work relatively easily.
With OA buffs from arcanist and physique buffs from Soldier, you can probably do a full cunning dump and feed off the massive crits that ensue.

If there is one damage type that can live without mastery RR, it’s bleed.

Edit: Maybe something like this: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/eVLeX89Z
Still a WIP though

1 Like