[Mod] Central GD-Zenith Thread

Excellent! Looking forward to telling you what you’re doing wrong providing constructive criticism!

lazy devs, no new areas

Worry not mock-Zantai, there shall be realms yet to explore.

(That off-tone rock to the right has been removed >.>)

storm caller + rupture :

• i still got lag from this skill combination, but surprisingly the lag not heavy as before. Well done :smiley:

new class already, that was fast. (Please update cornucopia too, it look dusty there :p)

Seems promising, I’ll certainly follow your mod, Ceno. Your planned classes look very interesting.

(Replying to this here since it wasn’t really relevant to the Elementalist)

Blood Rage is intended to be offset by the tremendous amount of lifesteal in the mastery alongside the bonus Constitution, both of which can be found on Suit Up.

my borg cubes are coming now to visit you again.

Anything i can bite into for the next 4 classes? (IE tags!) I did see the empty folders in your source files but that wasnt tasty enough for me to figure anything out :frowning:

tags_skills.txt ought to have some nomenclature information, but skill design has not yet begun for them

Thankfully, or perhaps annoyingly, some spoilerish information may leak out from update to update as I work on things unrelated to the main update. :stuck_out_tongue:

Always the same with your work… It’s exhausting!
I have to clean the keyboard just after.

Cannot wait to try it!

zenithclass06 = necrotic

? :smiley:

necromancer? :stuck_out_tongue:

No (intended) summons.

Read into that what you will.

Note that these comments are in the context of having only tried the masteries in DAIL, so it’s possible there are differences from your personal mod.

Elementalist:
Fireball - I personally dislike lob type skills, but that aside seems fine. The number of projectiles from Barrage seems to greatly affect the spread of said projectiles. With a single point for +2 projectiles they’re basically all on top of each other, effectively tripling its damage against a single target. Meanwhile maxed Barrage is a Stun Jacks wide throw, making it more of an AoE clear skill. It’s kind of neat actually so you can tailor it for which role you want it for, but definitely not clear before taking it, and how tight the spread is with 3 projectiles seems unusual.

Breathe Fire - Usually I think these cone type skills aren’t super useful and feel underwhelming, but you managed to amp up the effects enough for it to not fall into that trap.

Sprite - An even smaller AoE Doombolt? With the typical huge lightning damage range? No thank you. More AoE and maybe even more duration so the lightning damage is more able to even out so you can’t get a totally garbage use of the skill.

Elemental Flow - I like the mechanic, just wish it was possible to see the celestial power’s effects without putting a point in, but that’s true of any skill that uses a built in power like that.

Citadel of Ice - Description should state that it immobilizes you for the duration like Blade Barrier.

Rupture - Why limit of 11 when it summons 4 at once? Should really be 12.

Ice Surge - I’m sure you know this and aren’t really an artist, but man the effect leaves a lot to be desired. Certainly doesn’t feel like “shards of ice” as the description says. Cold Snap AoE happening at the target instead of yourself would be way cooler, but I’m guessing there’s some limitation that makes that hard?

Everything else is fine or like it as is and don’t have useful comments to give.

Terror Knight:
The entire armoring skill line - This feels a bit silly to me, what I don’t have head armor unless I have the skill? :stuck_out_tongue: I wish there was something for all the DoTs and the CC resists like there is for Elemental to Cold/Fire/Lightning. Would help condense Leg and Torso Armor. I do think Torso Armor should get some bonus Armor Absorption, not just flat armor. And 100% duration reduction with 8 points in Torso Armor seems very good, but won’t that make additional points to ultimate level of it a bit useless getting only more flat armor?

Lust for Carnage - Not a fan of an effect on death on a WPS, makes it unreliable, but I suppose that’s the balancing factor for how potent the buff is.

Banish - Standard autoattack replacement skill. Blood Rage is a one point wonder unless you desperately need more OA/DA, otherwise 1 point gives maximum benefit from the Total Speed and Damage Absorption with minimal health cost.

Engage - Standard charge skill for melee. Nowhere to Hide feels pointless, the base cooldown is already shorter compared to Shadow Strike, and you get nothing else besides CDR compared to Nidalla’s Justifiable Ends. Needs some other stat to justify putting points in the modifier, maybe a chance for knockdown/back?

Conquer - Feels like it’s not done at all with the lack of visual feedback. Doesn’t seem bad stats-wise though.

Evocation of Terror - Badass big CD skill, graphic needs a bit more to go with its great damage.

Entropic Reign - Crazy stats, but crazy health drain. Might be okay, but health drain has a lot of ways to be countered, so maybe not. Needs more context I think to make a real evaluation of it. Certainly seems like the strongest reason why someone would use Terror Knight in their build though. Maybe needs to be an Exclusive skill, or do you not plan on utilizing Exclusive at all in your mod? More energy drain might be a good idea so the player has to invest more to maintain both bars up for the skill.

Whew, that was a lot. I like Elementalist, it feels pretty complete compared to Terror Knight. I find fear/terrify with melee combination to be a bit odd (running after enemies you fear to kill them can be annoying), but I guess the idea is throwing out fears to deal with everyone that isn’t your primary target as you kill each enemy.

Pretty sure its not possible.

Sprite - An even smaller AoE Doombolt? With the typical huge lightning damage range? No thank you. More AoE and maybe even more duration so the lightning damage is more able to even out so you can’t get a totally garbage use of the skill.
The damage and duration aren’t changing, but I may reduce its cooldown. In Zenith, bosses will NOT be immune - or potentially even resistant to - Skill Disruption. I want this to be a single-target high-damage skill that can also temporarily make bosses more vulnerable, too.

The entire armoring skill line - This feels a bit silly to me, what I don’t have head armor unless I have the skill?
Consider it…underarmor. :stuck_out_tongue:

Banish - Standard autoattack replacement skill. Blood Rage is a one point wonder unless you desperately need more OA/DA, otherwise 1 point gives maximum benefit from the Total Speed and Damage Absorption with minimal health cost.
I’ll make those scale with level. I had intended to, just wanted to make sure the proc could actually function.

Conquer - Feels like it’s not done at all with the lack of visual feedback.
It’s literally the War Cry animation…because it’s a war cry… :stuck_out_tongue:

Evocation of Terror - Badass big CD skill, graphic needs a bit more to go with its great damage.
Agreed. Sadly I physically cannot get the PSEditor to work so I’m presently limited to using existing FX.

Maybe needs to be an Exclusive skill, or do you not plan on utilizing Exclusive at all in your mod?
No Exclusives. I try not to tell Crate how to make their game, short of balance nudges, but personally I think Exclusive Skills are pretty asinine design.

Edit: Oh and the summon limit of Rupture actually doesn’t work. Cooldown permitting, you can get tons of firepillars out. Pretty sure I can’t fix that.

Exclusives are cool, but I wish Crate would expand upon them to make them customizable.

Eg; A skill with TWO exclusive transmuters (or more)
Or
Auras that are exclusive to each mastery, but not to all masteries. (could have 3 exclusives per mastery and then be able to choose one from each but not all 6)
and I’m sure there are other applications but these two have been interests of mine since the original release of AsylumsMod …

It’s the same animation, but War Cry has an effect that gives visual feedback on the actual AoE. It’s the lack of that that bothers me in Conquer that bothers me.

I agree, I find Exclusive Skills pretty dumb as well.

Huh, okay then.

This is exactly the sort of thing I had hoped Exclusive Skills were going to be, only to be disappointed.

Nah, exclusives as an idea are pretty good as they allow to have buffs with substantial bonuses while limiting FoTMs from getting them. In fact the only non-exclusive buffs worthy of more than 1-3 points investment in vanilla game are Heart of the Wild and Military Conditioning, both of which give pretty huge bonuses to the most basic stat.

Installed DAIL with Terror Knight+Frost Knight. Best masteries atm, amazing sinergye

Updated with a brief description of Alpha v0.2 and where I’ve been with regards to the mod.

Previous First-Post Content:

Well, you wanted me to post my thoughts here, even though my experience is only with the DAIL Mod version of the Terror Knight.

If you really want Entropic Reign to be a non-sustainable skill, don’t do what you did and make it worth sustaining. :slight_smile:

I had no knowledge or understanding before now that it was not a sustain.
I saw how it’s costs work, and I figure that yeah, that’s a sustain like the buffs at the end of the Solider tree.

I mean, why put something like that at the end of the tree and then not make it a sustain skill like the Solider.

My suggestion is to weaken it significantly and make it into a sustain, or fix it so you can’t sustain it by giving it a duration and a hell of a long cooldown.
Because otherwise, that’s a skill no one in their right mind is going to give up, let alone not work around it’s absurd drain cost.

You created a lot of powerful passives on that tree, and they’re damn amazing, but don’t create an extremely powerful sustainable skill and then state it was never meant to be sustained.

At least make it clear in the description that it’s supposed to be used in a situation where you’ll die a lot faster if you use it. :slight_smile:

Really all I’m reading into that is to jack up the health cost to the point where it’s obvious.

If you want to build your character in such a way that you can sustain the skill, all the power to you. Good luck. Otherwise, characters should flip-flop between using it and not using it. Welcome to build diversity, my man.

And I didn’t want to make it a buff on a time limit. There’s dozens, if not hundreds of those already. That’s boring. This is a buff that gives more control but more risk to the player.