[MOD] Diablo 3 Classes + Blood Knight: Patch 4.9 Released

THANX friend

Started playing Monk at Veteran and man how hard it is! With the recent buffs to early levels difficulty monk desperately needs buffing especiall at low levels. Now his damage is very lowā€¦

What skill do you use? Here is how I level monk (never had any problem) - 2hander + max out exploding palm + shocking grasp. Watch everything explode till level 35. Craft Belgothian Carnage, dual wield swords with + elemental damage + respect to Fist of thunder. Enjoy massacre of the damned till level 50. Thatā€™s it. (in fact, I think itā€™s stronger than most other classes, not weaker.)
As an alternative, you can just max out Wave of light + Empowered wave right from the beginning and it will get you to a reasonable level on its own. Just harvest cooldown reductions and elm damage.

Although I would appreciate if Monk could dual wield on its own without relic or having to grab Nighblade for just that. Also the weakness of the class is that it doesnā€™t have any +dmg passives or exclusives on its own but well, you have to cope with that :slight_smile: It has massive defenses to compensate.

Maybe you leveled your monk at Normal (not Veteran)? or maybe before the GD patch that buffed all the elite / heroes at Veteran. I used Fist of Thunder + Wave of Light and it was pita. Only leveled my monk to lvl 10. Wizard on the other hand is much much easier to start. The problem with starting monk skills is its cooldown. Even FoT has kinda cooldown because it hits only on its third strike and before that monsters can easily kill me.
Maybe monk is strong after lvl 30+ but at first levels it is very tedious and hard fights on Veteran.

Of course Iā€™m talking veteran and after the patch, otherwise I wouldnā€™t even comment. Ranged classes (wizard) do have early leveling a lot easier in general, that cannot even compare. You should definitely not use FoT in early levels, its not a good leveling skill. Focus on Wave of Light, then Empowered Wave, then Cyclone strike. You wonā€™t have any trouble with damage. Respec to FoT later. Its a good skill, but requires a good weapon and tons of skill points (and fast attack speed to address the ā€œcooldownā€ you mention).
And expect to die a lot, melee classes do have it more difficult now, thatā€™s true. Dont give up on Monk however, its a cool class :slight_smile:

So Im not sure if Iā€™m the only one whoā€™s ran into this problem, but back when I was messing around with mods Pre-FG, I had this EXACT problem.

Been messing around with this mod in Asset Manager (i.e custom weapons, relics, etc) when I happen to notice that a certain number of bitmaps for the Demon Hunter and Witch Doctor have, essentially just stopped working. Upon further investigation, it would seem that the .tga files for said broken bitmaps areā€¦no where to be found, yet when you extract and play the mod as is, everything works fine.

Note: Will be posting Screenshots to explain better, but as Iā€™ve stated before, Iā€™ve ran into this problem both back when I first started messing around with mods Pre-FG and Just recently. Hope I can get somewhat of an answer or help as to what to do to fix it.

P.S. In the past, I had went and created new Bitmaps .tga files (Pulled from a screenshot of the skills window) and Im not entirelly against the idea, its just its literally the exact problem from MONTHS ago.

EDIT: Here are screenshots showing Before and After Building the mod using Asset Manager.

Before:
Skills-Down

After:
Skills-Broken-1

The mod does not include all the source / .tga files. The archives do contain all the .tex files however, so you need to add those when you have no source available.

Hello. Iā€™ve installed the newest version of the mod (deleting the old directory as the instruction suggests), and it appears that zombie dogs are missing after summoning both on my old Witch Doctor character and a new one. The pets are summoned but seem to be invisible. What can be the problem?

Do u have the forgotten gods expansion?

I do, actually. I played the older version of the mod this summer; it was 2.8, I think, and the models were just fine back then. Maybe I need the latest patch for the game or something?

Edit: Also, the stash seems to be bugged - iconsā€™re messed up and thereā€™s a missing texture or something like on the screenshot above. Maybe it has something to do with installation? I just unpacked the archive though.

I also do, and canā€™t decide on which class is best to run it with, any suggestions? read a class guide, but found nothing there :frowning:

Alright, Iā€™ve updated the game through Steam and itā€™s solved the problem with the Zombie Dogs - I can see the new models now. But the stash still looks like itā€™s for a widescreen monitor or something. Iā€™ve checked, it looks fine in the base game. Could you tell me how to fix that? Maybe through a config file? Iā€™ve got just an old 1366x768 laptop.

You need to change the ui scale in your options

So the game got a massive update a couple of days ago. Is the mod fully compatible with all the changes the update made? Iā€™m fine with waiting for the mod to update if not everything is working as intended yet.

Some of items not updated for one hand crafting for crusader. (Newly updated items.)

Is anyone else experiencing instability with this mod recently? It has been super stable until the last patch was released for GD and I updated the D3 mod as well. Now I get intermittent crashes where the game just goes to a black screen and freezes.

(Currently wrecking things with a Lord of Undead melee build. Thanks for an utterly fantastic mod!)

It would be interesting to know when it goes black screen , like what skills were you using, what item tooltip was comparingā€¦

The original game has been updated to version 1.1.5.2.
When do you think the Diablo 3.2 version will be released?

XX029X1KDOYQ1356053186230

Do I have to think of it as meaning it will be released on X-mas?