[MOD] Diablo 3 Classes + Blood Knight: Patch 4.9 Released

Awesome!! No thank you for making this Mod. Honestly the D3 mastery feel like D3. It is great. Dual classing my fav classes monk and DH is like a dream come true =) Near Death Experience Awareness Smoke Screen and Serenity with some Vengeance is pure awesome!! Still managed to get wrecked by boss in Steps but I got cocky and tried some face tanking after invuln wore off… bad idea Looking forward to how this Mod keeps evolving.

I would however bump the gem drops to level 50 for max gems.
And one other thing… Amethyst says it fits onto shoulder but it does not work as its description says. Shoulder will not accept that gem. Not sure if you just did not change the descrip

thanks again!

It was a change applied only to Grimarillion, I didn’t wanna bother Asylum with these minor changes in the description text.

I intend to finish the mod in December. So until there, I need any minor feedback to make everything as balanced as possible, so I could watch the sun rise on a grateful universe. Jk, just want to stop modding it, anyways.

Haha… nice!!
I assume that means the amethyst is only meant for chest and head and descrip is incorrect. No 30% life steal from gems?? =(
I will give feedback once next update hits.
Since grimarillion is something different I suppose I can not use my character from there inside the standalone D3 Mod?

Definitely backup the save first, but if you are symlinked properly, I am 99% sure that both Grimarillion and D3 use the same mastery enumerations, so it should work fine. If you have items from GQ or Ze, however, I really have no idea what will happen to them.

they will be lost

I wasn’t thinking of this in the past because my character was covered by its other mastery, but is it me, or do none of the D3 Characters have any stackable RR in their skills? I’ve seen multiple skills that give flat resistance (30 Reduced Target’s Resistances for x seconds) and multiplicative RR that’s applied last (30% Reduced Target’s Resistances for x seconds), but I don’t see any skill that gives -30% RR (the skill has to have the minus sign or else it doesn’t stack).

I know stackable RR can get out of hand at times, but I would think that something like a Witch Doctor would have a skill that gives -Poison or -Elemental RR (like the Occultist’s Curse of Frailty), and I remember you mentioning that the Monk will have a skill that gives -Physical RR but didn’t say whether it’d be the stackable kind or the multiplicative type (the one that’s applied last, like the Viper constellation). D3 characters are very good at providing circuit breaker skills and plenty of good resistances for the players, but some classes will probably benefit from taking a more offensive approach without it being too OP.

I noticed this lack of debuff skills while preparing the last update. Mantra of Conviction will RR of enemies using the minus debuff. Mass Confussion also does that, but need to unlock it at its maximum level. I will probably add these debuffs to DH’s Entangling Shot, Crus Consecration and some Wizard skill as well.

Patch 2.4 released as a test-version with just a few changes.

Download it here.

Changelog:

• Loottables were changed with the intent of fixing a big issue that prevents several vanilla and D3 items from dropping.
  • Amethyst Gems: No longer can be socketed into shoulder armor.
  • Hellcat Waistguard: Racial defense bonus changed to Chthonics as it was supposed to be.
  • Grasp of the Dead: Fixed some errors on its description text.
  • Corpse Spiders: Damage reduced.
  • Ring of Plagues: Radius slightly reduced.
  • Mass of Confusion: Resistance reduction granted by Paranoia bonus increased by 5%.
  • Mantra of Conviction: Damage bonuses weren’t working properly, so they were removed. It no longer reduces the total resistance of enemies. Now it works as a debuff skill that slows enemies and decreases their elemental and physical resistances.
  • Faith in the Light: Fixed an issue with bonus defense against Undead not working as intended.
  • Sweeping Wind: Energy cost scaling reduced.
  • Inner Storm: Fixed an issue with the additional energy cost.
  • Heavy Burden: Maximum level reduced to 10. No longer reduces the damage dealt by enemies, it reduces some of their resistances instead.
    [li]Storm Armor: [/li][ol]
  • Lightning damage reduced from 18-142 to 14-92.
  • Electrocute damage reduced from 20-146 to 16-70 over 2 seconds.
  • Lightning retaliation reduced at lower levels and increased at higher ones.
  • Stun retaliation removed.
  • Added chance to stun on attack.

[/ol]

awesome! looking forward to this update and the ability to get all the items. thanks for the update and the changes!!

Just a suggestion. Cheers :slight_smile:
(picture quality is not the best, but that’s +10 active energy cost per second under lightning->fire).

It was supposed to have the Fire Storm transmuter, however it’s not possible to replace visual effects on skills like this one, didn’t wanna a ‘blue firestorm’.

Oh, that’s sad… But anyway, ty for answering

By the way, about the Master of Wind, It unlocks at lvl 16, not 12 as written.

I cant open 2.4 test version using winzip or winrar, it says archive is empty or damaged :eek:

try this link

Ty, it works now :slight_smile:

Before the new patch comes live, I wanted to share my thoughts on a few things:

Diamonds: I understand the CDR was too much, but what is the Retaliation bonus supposed to do? I would suggest adding bonus points to Spirit as it would help people be able to equip Staves / Off-hands, which is the next best thing to a CDR bonus. If you want the Retaliation theme, having Reflect bonus would be better as 40% Retaliation is pointless when Retal builds have ~2,000%, but Reflect is a rarer bonus and useful for reflect enemy debuffs back to them.

Spider Queen’s Scepter: It gives bonuses to Corpse Spiders, which are player-scaled pets, I get it it’s spider theme, but no pet bonuses for this weapon at all? I would recommend some sort of pet bonuses to it so you can use it for more than just summoning the pet-scaled spider.

Gems as a whole: Once you get enough of the Royal Gems, is there a point to any of the other gems? Can they be used for crafting? I haven’t seen a use for them other than them taking up a lot of space in inventory.

Gems as a whole: Once you get enough of the Royal Gems, is there a point to any of the other gems? Can they be used for crafting? I haven’t seen a use for them other than them taking up a lot of space in inventory.

It’s the same case in D2/D3 which they are based off. Once you start amassing the “good” quality gems, the lower become only a stepping stone to crafting more of the good gems. Just be thankful Grimer didn’t include the FULL extent of the gem crafting system… Oh boy.

Just think of them as partial components with many many partials.

1. Topaz grants Spirit already. I don’t want to repeat bonuses on different gems. Nice tip about reflect damage tho.

2. I’ll keep it that way. In the future, there’ll be other items that improve pets, The Gidbinn, for example.

this ↑, so yes Royal versions are the top ones, no other utility for it but their bonuses. They’re supposed to be rarer than they are now, however the loottables have some issues that prevented it.

1. I had forgotten about those Topazes, so I took a gander at them. They’re used in the Chest and Head slot, but they provide no resistances in component slots that really need it (in Vanilla, the chest component is used for Sacred Plating, Sanctified Bone, Titan Plating, or Chains of Oleron if you need that %OA), so I don’t see them being used at all. I’ll give more direct feedback about the gems once I finish leveling my Elder to 100/55 and use that as a template to test all the pet combinations (which will include testing and feedback on Zunimassa and all the other pet gear).

2. I appreciate any and all efforts you give to make pet builds more interesting. :wink: I saw 4 pieces of gear that grant the skill “Companion” that summons a Wolf on your side. I haven’t found any of these myself, but I’m guessing they are player-scaled pets as well. I’ve searched GDStash for items that grant auras (which would also improve pets), but at the moment, GDStash only allows me to search each item granted skill at once, but doesn’t give me the ability to search any equipment that grants an item skill. There are loads of good items as it is, especially for granted rare resistances, so I’ll be busy enough testing and giving you feedback on how effective the items you already have are. Best of luck with the next big patch.

Thank you for alerting me about that, I’m not familiar with the Diablo gem system. I didn’t see anything in this game about using the lower gems to craft the good gems, but I’m sure if Grimer even wants to do anything like that, it won’t be coming for a good while. There’s quite a lot we’re asking from all of you as it is.