[MOD]New Caravan & Inventory (Nostalgic version) Apply to GD v1.2.0.5 (GDX2)

I may consider updating to the available version 1.2 if anyone needs it.

Version 1.2.0.2 added to first post.

Dude, you are awesome, thank you very much. Though i encountered some minor issues. Shortly, names of some items that drop to the ground become invisible once you get closer to them: https://imgur.com/a/LUaIMwv.

Edit 1: Just tested again using Main Campaign mode - issue is not present.

Edit 2: I’m not sure if I’m imagining things, but it seems i can pan the camera further from the character with your mod? When the camera is in the most “panned out” position this bug occurs.

The first post has been updated, please download it again and try it.

Seems like everything is working flawlessly, thank you once again!

@tt300 best mod in the game, thanks for updating it to the latest version.

Is it possible to use it in the main campaign? or only in custom game?

Thx!

If used in the main campaign, relevant source data needs to be integrated into Grim Dawn\gdx2\GDX2.arz

Thanks for updating the old Caravaner mod. Since GrimInternals is no longer supported and it used to allow you to use Caravaner in Crucible, I extracted the “survivalmode” mod, attempting to add this mod to it but there aren’t any corresponding character GUI files.

Could you create a version compatible with the “Crucible” mode?

Thanks!

Unzip to …\Grim Dawn\mods\
Survivalmode.zip (2.8 MB) Apply to GD v1.2.0.X (Crucible)

1 Like

Thanks for the crucible version!

I’ve never even looked at modding this game until I tried to merge your mod with crucible. Could you tell me what I was doing wrong? That way if they ever update the crucible mode, I won’t have to bug you for an update.

I got all the files extracted but obviously there was another step beyond that. I thought it would be simple to just replace base files with yours but now I assume it requires changing database records?

Add to database:
Grim Dawn\mods\survivalmode\database\records\game\gameengine.dbr
Grim Dawn\mods\survivalmode\database\records\ui\caravan\*.dbr
Grim Dawn\mods\survivalmode\database\records\ui\character\**.dbr

Add to resources:
Grim Dawn\mods\survivalmode\resources\Caravaner.arc

Hi there,

I’ve just found this via a Google search and I’m pretty sure I’m missing something in the instructions.

I downloaded New Caravan & Inventory & Summon immediately for GD1203.zip

I have unzipped it to my main Grim Dawn root directory as mentioned in the example, but it has no change at all.

Do I need something extra to enable the mod?

the file unpack a mods folder and settigns folder, depending on how you unpacked the zip it might be possible you didn’t merge those with the existing but created duplicates?
check the unpacked content in your grim dawn folder/check your file and folder structure

Hi,

My main Grim Dawn folder now has the “mods” and “settings” folders after unpacking.

Do I need to replace any other game files to enable mods?

What does “Apply to GD v1.2.0.X (GDX2)” mean?

I’m going through all the comments and wondering, do I need to do or replace anything in Grim Dawn\gdx2\database\GDX2.arz.

Reiterated: This is a custom Mod, which must be entered by “Custom Game” to have effect!

You don’t need to change anything from the main game! ! !

@tt300

You should then edit you first post to reiterate that all versions of this mod can only work as “custom game” as right now this is only mentioned as a note underneath the “extreme edition”!

(Note: This is a custom Mod, which must be entered by “Custom Game” to have effect.)

After reading every single comment here it’s very clear most people tried this mod and were not aware that it only works as a custom game and will not apply to the main campaign!

I think the installation path has fully demonstrated that it is a custom Mod, and its usage is universal, so there is no need to go into details.

Hi - thanks for “reviving” caravaner.

Would it be possible to share sources and stuff in an uncompressed state, so that this mod could be used as a base for further modding?

Thx :slight_smile:

Sorry, my English is not very good, but I can roughly understand what you mean through translation software. I will consider publishing the uncompressed original data later.

In fact, since you can make Mods, you can unpack them yourself. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

=========================================================
The first article has been updated with source Mod.

Thanks for the Sources. :+1: :+1: :+1:

@tt300 In fact, since you can make Mods, you can unpack them yourself.

Sadly the sources, like the psd files, aren’t included in the compressed versions, so i can’t create the necessary assets :frowning:.

edit
The new startingequipment you gave to the characters can’t be use by them - to high requirements. Switched back to standard items.

You can use the tool TexViewer.exe that comes with GD to easily convert .tex to .psd :face_with_thermometer:
But one thing to note is that the exported .psd is upside down and needs to be corrected with a retouching tool before it can be used.

teleport.psd → image

This problem does not affect the functionality of this Mod and can be solved by merging it with another Mod of mine.

edit
OK,The first article has been updated to resolve an issue where characters’ new starting equipment could not be used by them. :grin: