[Mod] Nydiamar

Good stuff Van Houck! I had tried your first iteration back then, it was beautiful. You won’t mind if I have another peek.

Really nice changes to your original environments, fantastic atmosphere.

Well, I gave it a run. Not really sure what kind of feedback you are after, but as I mainly just set out to explore and really have no idea what percentage of the map I managed to reveal, I will just post these two screens that show you where I manged to get to.

As long as you first accept my completely positive reaction to your work, if I have to be critical, my main critique is that you basically have to use camera rotation to navigate and find certain points. Not sure if you should really try to fix this at this point or not, but as a player that never rotates the camera, that was kind of annoying. After that, my main issue what that the mini-map felt less than helpful for finding the correct path a lot of times.

But overall, 99/100 for a map. Really happy to see somebody was dedicated enough to make it as far as you did.

@Ceno, the portal map in this mod is functional. Looks like Van Houck figured it out (I remember from my failed TQ map editing that that was like a 3-day learning event for me).

I found 9 Odd Stones - one of them in a Marked Rock… but thank you for the hint. :wink:

Time to decompile the source, since looking at vanilla was no help. :rolleyes:

Some things:

You can go off the pathing from the position below:

And from there, you can go as deep out of bounds as to here:

All in all, this one spot in particular was my favorite little thing you did; a very nice transition between scenes:

Your attention to detail is superb and your environments visually stunning. I intend to study your world quite a bit as I continue to work on Zenith. Hell, even Crate should take a look at what you’ve done, as I found Nydiamar to be vastly more captivating than Cairn. Having said that, if you do intend to start populating the world with enemies, I’ll caution you that many of your pathable areas are very narrow and combat adheres to wider spaces.

10/12 shards found. I’ll find the other two tomorrow, and looking forward to that special unlock. :wink:

Moved post

Satisfying to see progress on your own skills, yeah? :smiley:

Jesus Christ these look fantastic

// (Edited) Reserved for future dump of images (mostly comparisons), since I have already reached the limit on the few first posts.

This looks pretty damn cool. How long you been working on this?

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742 using Tapatalk

I have removed the link, but I did release the first “version” one year ago. So, since then, till now, with many breaks inbetween. Currently got quite some free time, so that Update 1 did not take that long.

This requires moderator power - send us a PM or report your thread in the future. I changed it according to the title of your first post.

Hey. Just wondering if there is a way to save the gear that you buy from the vendor on your character when changing mods… (I like playing with modded classes but love your easy 85…). The gear disappears when I change mods, but the augments/relics/bits stay in my inventory.

Cheers.

The item files would need to be merged with the other mod.

I’m currently creating a separate entry of every item (only armor and weapons) that you can buy from the vendors. To show you why:

All items, ranging from level 1 up to 75, are located in the main database directory, e.g. “items/gearshead/”. But I only want those level 65+ items. Adding them manually to the vendors would take way too long, so I’m just generating a long string through a script which has every item listed in it.
If the vendor can’t find an item, it will ignore it. So I’m creating a separate directory with only the items I actually want (65+, with a script), e.g. “items_range”. The string will the then look like this (vaguely): items_range/gearhead/c001_head;items_range/gearhead/c002_head; … .
c001_head, which may be a level 1 item, will be ignored, since it’s not located in “items_range”, but c020_head (level 70) will show up, since it’s located in there.

Other mods therefore won’t find the equipment you are wearing, since the directory “items_range” doesn’t exists.

This is not a good solution, and I already got a neat idea to change that, without having to select every item on my own. (I will just generate a string of all items in “items_range” and change every occurrence of “items_range” in the string to “items”)

I will release an update next week, which will add every epic item (and some rares), some lore, and some polish to the world. You should then be able to use your character in other mods without any doing. :slight_smile:

Edit: Changed it, next update will include it.

Awesome, thanks for the replies.

I just released the second update. I consider everything included as done, except some notes / books, (custom) items and quests (shard quest is missing). I may from now on occasionally work on new locations or a story.

Enjoy. :slight_smile:

Here’s a picture of A Hill next to a Graveyard:

I’m going to release the mod on the Nexus, too (today or tomorrow).

Still here. No update.

Just some pictures.

For a larger resolution, click here: Link to the Imgur album (or click on one of the pictures)

Catacombs - Alternate Entrance

Catacombs - Entrance Hall [Not done, still missing decoration]

• Big door (right corner) leading to the rest of the Catacombs, requires “runes”/“keys” to unlock, which are going to be dropped by “portal-”/“world-” bosses or found near the end of each “world”.

Catacombs - First “Portal”

• The Entrance Hall branches into small “rooms” (as shown in the picture above). In each one there’s going to be a portal, leading to another location (or “world”), like the one shown in the next pictures. I may do 2 or 4 portals, the second one may be a “snow” world.

Desert ~

Ruins / Long Hallway [Not done]

So yeah, still working on it occasionally.

Impressive work

Looks fantastic