[MOD] Priest Mastery v0.4

Here’s a new(?) class for Grim Dawn.

You can also download it on Nexus Mods

Patch 0.4 available now.

New The Runemaster set and 2 new off-hands: Codex of Voravadris and Lorewalker’s Archive.

Click on the image to download it:

PADdRE

Installation: As always, just extract the Priest folder into ‘Grim Dawn/mods’

Since Crate surprised us with the “10” and a whole new DLC, it inspired me to come back to modding and work on something new and independent from the Diablo franchise. Well, it’s hard to say it’s something new after all those masteries created by other modders and included on Grimarillion and Dawn of Masteries over the years.

Even so, those priests that we find in Arkovian Undercity always made me wonder it could be a nice concept for a class. However Crate never approached this theme, so I brought back that old idea and started to work on it.

The Priest is a caster, but also can be a melee/ranged weapon hitter. Deals Elemental/Aether damage with transmuters supporting Cold and Vitality damage. Arkovian survivors, they are devoted followers of Attak Seru and Ishtak matrons.

Basically it has no item support for now, just a few new legenaries and three new sets:

The Sparkbinder

The High Council

highcouncil

Shadowseeker's Trail

shadowseeker

However, almost 40 MIs were edited with skill modifiers to support the Priest skills.

Hope it’s fun. Enjoy and give your feedback.

5 Likes

The v0.1 will probably be a bugfinder simulator, here’s the changelog:

NEW ITEMS:

• Crown of the Lady of Sorrows
  • Visage of the Scarlet Cardinal
  • Mask of Basilius
  • Mark of the Exarchs
  • Pendant of the Cursed King
  • Sacred Sapphire of Rudaprast
  • Essence of the Guardians
  • Grasp of Everlasting Sparks
  • Peacemaker
  • Madrilara’s Inscriptions
  • Rothma’s Invocations
  • Lacrimosa

NEW SETS:

• The Sparkbinder
  • The High Council
  • Shadowseeker’s Trail

MI Items:

• Modifiers for Priest skills were added to some MI items. These changes will work along with the modifiers for Diablo 3 classes on Grimarillion and Dawn of Masteries compilations.

Wheres the pet? Needs pet. Looks good otherwise would pair well with other classes like arcanist.

Wow. Just wow.

I read the description of skills and items and was impressed.

I suggest to add:

• a stone golem which deals physical and elemental damage and scales with pet bonuse (the golem has two transmutators - the first one converts elemental damage into aether, the second one converts elemental damage into vitality).
  • skills or modifiers for existing skills for the pet support.
1 Like

I just finished mod translation and noticed following.

Is it intended new sets have 1st lvl requirement, while it have 94lvl power?

Non-mythical Madrilara’s Inscriptions missed inventory icon (chessboard)
Non-mythical Grasp of Everlasting Sparks have granted modifiers from Riftwarped Grasp

There is no special sound when you unlock new skill tier by investing in mastery.

Misc

More looks like unused/incomplete, but:
High Council Scepter spawns Clairvoyant’s Wand
Lorewalker’s Archive spawns Word of Inquisitor Abalon

Personal remarks.
You use 35th mastery number and same time tagClass11Skill* tags.
I’d rather use ^e color code for hidden modifier description to match item stat colors:
^oHidden Modifier: ^zPanetti's Replicating Missile ^eno longer passes through enemies.

Yep, those are unused items for now. No idea what causes the missing sound. Class number was modified after all the ‘‘11’’ thing, to work with Grimarillion.

Patch 0.2 with some bug fixes, thanks Denis for the report.

PRIESTXMAS

It’s available on Nexus Mods as well.

And Groble Effigies too?

I’ve noticed Priest have only 24 skills, whenever GD standart 27. Are you planning add skills? I’d like Zarthuzellan’s Sunspot - Doombolt equivalent but another template.

Is Spectral Longsword granted modifier correct? increase target’s cold resist?

I changed my mind and decided to not add mods to grobles for now.

Yep, 24 for now, I ran out of ideas. Gonna put that SL fix on the list, thx.

изображение_2023-12-20_222048034

I played through the campaign on Veteran and Elite difficulties and have some words to say about the Priest mastery. It is a pure glass cannon with limited defensive capabilities and utilites, and its gameplay can be described as the walk on razor’s edge.

Priest’s abilities are a mixed bag. On one hand, Priest’s spammable attacks (the Requiem Aeternam and the Holy Shock) and Exclusive skills are great. On the other hand, Priest’s rechargable abilities are… not so much. The Rothma’s Ritual is very clunky and is not as fun as Blackwater Cocktail, Sigil of Consumption, Devastation, or Judgment. The Attack Seru’s Intervention is counter-intuitive and hinders the player more than helps. The Rattosh’s Veil needs to be capable of being combined with Devotion skills. Finally, Thaldanis’ Arcane Barrier is a worse version of Demolitionist’s Blast Shield.

In conclusion:

• Attack Seru’s Intervention and Thaldanis’ Arcane Barrier must be reworked;

• the Rattosh’s Veil must be capable of being combined with Devotion Skills;

• the Rothma’s Ritual should be adjusted in the following way: reduce the damage dealt per second, increase its duration and cooldown to 4 seconds;

• the Requiem Aeternam should work like the Righteous Fervor or the Savagery, building up charges and becoming stronger with each strike.

So, the Priest mastery has a room to grow, but right now it is good only as a glass cannon. The Arcanist mastery, the Inquisitor mastery, and the Necromancer mastery offer much more utility and have better defensive abilities.

Patch 0.3 with more bug fixes (Thanks Mamba for the reports), Thaldanis Protective Barrier reworked and a new circuit-breaker skill called Indulgentia.

Happy new year y’all.

PRIESTXMAS2

Changelog

BUG FIXES

• Fixed an issue where Pendant of the Cursed King wasn’t dropping.
  • Fixed an issue where Mythical Mask of Basilius didn’t have skill modifiers as intended.
  • Fixed an issue where Deathwatcher’s Pendant didn’t have skill modifier for Rattosh’s Veil as intended.
  • Fixed an issue where the female animation of Shadow Strike when modified by the Shadowseeker’s Trail set wasn’t working at all.
  • Fixed an issue where Malkadarr’s Blade didn’t modify the animation FX of Dark Embrace.
  • Fixed an issue where Crown of the Lady of Sorrows didn’t have a mythical version.
  • Fixed an issue where the dodge animation wasn’t working while dual wielding melee weapons with a male character.

SKILLS

• Indulgentia: New circuit-breaker skill. Grants you invulnerability, increased damage and offensive ability for 3 seconds.
  • Attak Seru’s Intervention: Moved to tier 6 and its modifier to tier 8.
  • Thaldanis’ Protective Barrier: Moved to tier 4. Now it’s a temporary buff that lasts for 10 seconds that grants % Damage Absorption, % Health Regeneration, % DA and Slow Resistance.
  • Healing Factor: New Thaldanis Barrier modifier at tier 7. Increases healing effects and reduces bleeding duration. Also grants physical, pierce and bleeding resistance.
  • Ishtak’s Blessed Aura: Added flat health regeneration.
  • Arkovian Legacy: Added 6-50% resistance to life reduction.

MI ITEMS

• Ikrix Scale: Added +3 to Thaldanis Protective Barrier | Modifier → 2 seconds duration + 15% Crit Damage to TPB.

VFX

• Reduce the brightness of the lighting when Rattosh’s Veil despawns.
2 Likes

v0.4 is on the way with a new set: The Runemaster.

Supporting Rune of Arcane Chains, Rune of Hagarrad and Rattosh’s Veil.

ezgif-4-eb8e5f3297

2 Likes

Patch 0.4 available now.

New The Runemaster set and 2 new off-hands: Codex of Voravadris and Lorewalker’s Archive.

EDIT: Link updated on February 14th to fix an issue where Gaze of Ungoliax didn’t provide a skill modifier for Requiem Aeternam as intended.

Click on the image to download it:

PADdRE

2 Likes