[Mod] Quickloot

This mod enables auto-picking of components, quest items (dynamite, scrap), and crafting materials, including those from the Ashes of Malmouth expansion.
It was inspired by Elfe’s People Are Lazy aka Autopickup mod but uses different script to trigger auto-pickup.
You can also enable auto-pickup for consumables (potions) or any custom items.

Downloads

Quickloot - No edits contains no changes in vanilla records, you can apply your own changes.

Quickloot - Source v1.0 source files for version 1.0. Contain changes in vanilla loot tables, enemies, chests, merchants.

Quickloot - Mod Built with game version 1.0.4.0. Extract to Grim Dawn/mods/ and play. Contains changes in vanilla loot tables, enemies, chests, merchants.

Adding you own items

1. Download either Quickloot - No edits if you are not satisfied with changes I’ve made, or Quickloot - Source vX.X to edit the mod
  2. Extract the content to your working directory (eg. …/Grim Dawn/working/mods/)
  3. Select Quickloot from the drop-down menu in the Asset Manager
  4. Apply the required changes (see Applying Changes)
  5. Build

Applying changes

There are two ways to enable auto-loot for items.

Variant 1

This mod contains all required items with enabled auto-loot, all you have to do is to scan all .dbr’s in “records/creatures/” and “records/items/”, import all records containing references to components or materials, and replace the actual item with the item from this mod
(eg “records/items/questitems/scrap.dbr” will be replaced with “records/items/quickloot/questitems/scrap.dbr”). Note that vendors selling components share loottables with monsters so in order to avoid glitches you have to duplicate those .dbr’s and assign them
to vendors instead (for example, “tdyn_comp_aethermighty_a01.dbr” is being used by both vendors and monsters).
This variant is harder to implement and very time consuming, but in game everything looks like in vanilla except that components are now being picked automatically.

Variant 2

Import all items you want to auto-pick in game, select all imported records and add

gd.quickloot.replicate

under Scripts > onAddToWorld. With this variant all edited items dropped by chests/monsters will be immediately added to the player inventory while items that are being sold remain intact.

Feedback & Credits

Thanks to Elfe for the original mod

If you notice any bugs or missing items just let me know.

You are free to use this mod in your own mod/compilation.

Just when i thought youre taking a holiday on new year eve…

yet welcome with this sudden gesture :cool:

Uploaded v1.0 with source files. I did a quick run to Warden and everything seemed to be working as expected. Let me know if you find any bugs.

Any chance you could re-host elsewhere as megaupload’s transfer quota thing is stopping me from downloading it

Also available here.

Hi, can I use this with german translation?

Yes, I think, but all items changed by this mod will be in English anyway.

Hmm ok :slight_smile:

I downloaded the mod…

Quickloot - Mod Built with game version 1.0.4.0. Extract to Grim Dawn/mods/ and play. Contains changes in vanilla loot tables, enemies, chests, merchants.

… and put it in the mods directory and start the game and nothing is happen. Relicts dont loot automatic…

What did I wrong?

Hello. I am attempting to add this to a mod I am working on with edited loot tables and many new items.
I am not entirely understanding the 2 variants of adding this to my mod?

For example for the variant 2 with replication (which I want to use) Am I simply opening Quickloot mod then importing into it from my mod? Where do I run the script? And then can I put the updated resources etc back in my original mod location?

You just need to copypaste quickloot.lua from “…Quickloot\source\Scripts\game” to your mod’s “source\Scripts\game” folder, add this

--Mod
Script.Load("scripts/game/quickloot.lua")

to your main.lua and that’s generally it (also, don’t forget to auto-create assets). After that just add the code from the description to any item you want to be autopicked, under Scripts - OnAddToWorld.

Thanks. That is definitely easier than adding to each dbr and duping dbrs. Do you know if a sound will occur on autopick up or does it even show up in world? Do you know if there are multiple scrapmetal dbr?
What does money pickup use as a script?

Appreciate the response and help =)

Hello,

Hope you all had a wonderful new years celebration.

I’ve recently played this game and literally have no idea about modding. I was wondering if there’s a setting somewhere in the game that lets you auto-loot Components ONLY, so i searched online and came to this thread. I’ve read some other posts here and watched some videos about modding and was able to get some basic ideas. However, i seem to have some difficulty following the instruction for this quickloot mod. I was wondering which mod should i download and the changes that needs to be made. Should i delete the Materials and questitems folder and leave only the Components folder under Quickloot_No_Edits\Quickloot\database\records\items\quickloot? All i really want is to automatically loot all the Components only. Would really appreciate it if someone can make like an instructional video or a detailed step by step process about this. Sorry for the long post.

Thanks for your time and for reading this.

Try grim internals instead

Thanks for your response. So basically i just deselect everything except for Auto Pick up?

I’m getting the same issue as this user. I’ve checked and re-checked the install, verified the .lua files are pointing to the right places and yet it doesn’t work. Any ideas?

Quick repost due to forum rollback. Quickloot ready for Forgotten Gods expansion (made on v1.1.1.2 patch). Picks up crafting materials, components, scraps, dynamites, consumables. Uses Variant 2 of the mod made by 3JIou. I’ll attach both source files and mod itself.

Yes, it’s totally ok to post your modifications for this mod. It’s very unlikely there will be any updates/imporvements since I personally prefer GI’s autopickup so if you already made it work with the latest patch that would probably be useful for someone who’s going to use this mod.

Can you please explain how to actually make the mod work? Where to unzip what, what to do…

I really want to use this mod, I would be grateful if you help me out.

PS I red the everything here. The Variables and everything… Did not understand much. What to do? (Using 1.1.1.2 patch too)

Can someone explain how to actually make this work?

I see where I failed, its because I don’t have the Steam Version.

Is this possible for non steam version of the game to work?

PS I also see that many people here struggled with the mod. There is no proper explanation on how to make it work for people that don’t mod :frowning: