[Mod] Reign of Terror

So bring it up again a day+ after the fact :thinking: I’m pretty sure that was a clear sign that we had explored the topic to our satisfaction.

You’re right, sorry.

@Ram Defered rendering causes den of evil (haven’t tried to load any other dungeons/caves yet) to only load a black screen (can still move and use menu), and attempting to change that setting while inside makes the game freeze

I checked some of the other areas in act 1 quickly and only forgotten tower (but not forgotten tower cellar) in the areas up to black mash show this behavior

Thanks for the report, will look into it.

Download:

ReignOfTerror_v0.6.0.rar (1,5 GB) Google Drive
ReignOfTerror_v0.6.0.rar (1,5 GB) MEGA

Installation:

• Place downloaded “ReignOfTerror” folder (located in ReignOfTerror_v0.6.0.rar) into your Grim Dawn/mods folder and overwrite all files

Notes:

• Update 0.6.0 is usable only with Forgotten Gods expansion.
  • Leveling progression was changed resulting in temporary visual bug of having XP bar “stuck”. This will get fixed once your character gains enough XP to level up.
  • This is not a standalone version. RoT 0.4.2 (or higher) is required before applying 0.6.0.
  • 0.6.0 update contains all data from previous 0.4.4 and 0.5.0 versions.

Changelog

>>>>>>> Click here to show Changelog <<<<<<<

New Content:

• Act 5 complete
  • Added 1 new hidden Uber boss (hint provided by Ram in the Shattered Conclave)
  • Added Act 5 cinematics, you can watch them by talking to Cain in Harrogath (credits: @DenisMashutikov)

Game:

• Overseer’s mind-control debuff changed to moderate duration stun
  • Increased monster level in Secret Cow Level on all difficulties
  • Reduced Hero/Boss/Uber mana leech resist

Items:

• Increased quality of runes dropped from Goblins / Ubers
  • Increased chance to drop HR rune from Pandemonium event and hidden Uber bosses
  • All Uber Tristram bosses now have 100% chance to drop either Hellfire Torch or Annihilus
  • Added new Waystones for starting at Shards 80-100 (Waystones can be crafted at Anvil)
  • Added additional hidden Uber boss class trinkets with new skills
  • New Tal Rasha’s Wand texture / fx

Map:

• New maps: Glacial Trail (WP), Frozen Tundra (WP), Infernal Pit, Ancient’s Way (WP), Arreat Summit, Worldstone Keep Lvl 1 / 2 (WP), Throne of Destruction, Worldstone Chamber

Skills:

• All offensive spells received 15% weapon damage bonus to utilize Life / Mana Leech, Crushing Blow and procs

Amazon

• Multishot: reduced weapon and flat damage bonuses
  • Strafe: increased weapon damage, reduced number of fragments

Druid

• Summon Spirit / Dire Wolf: increased max number of summons, increased damage by 40% and added chance to reduce enemy hp

Necromancer

• Lower Resist: increased % resist reduction and added magic damage type
  • Raise Skeleton: increased max number of summons, increased damage by 30% and added chance to reduce enemy hp
  • Skeletal Mage: increased max number of summons

Paladin

• Blessed Hammer: removed internal cooldown and added % aether damage bonus
  • Concentration Aura: added % cast speed bonus
  • Conviction Aura: removed fx delay, added % magic resist reduction and unified values with Necro Lower Resist curse

Bug Fixes:

• fixed various name tags
  • fixed Shattered Realm rune / facet drop
  • fixed missing textures in Frozen Tundra
  • fixed new uber boss drop
  • fixed pathing in Arreat Plateau
  • fixed Trang Oul’s set pieces
  • fixed Shadow Master skill level cap
  • fixed “black screen” bug when having the new Defered rendering enabled in some dungeons
  • fixed Necromancer’s Uber Trinket empty skill
  • fixed minimap texture in River of Flame and Chaos Sanctuary
3 Likes

So, just what is the max number of skeletons for Classic Necromancer going to end up being? At 23/20 my Necro has a max of 11 (I remember normal D2 that with ABSOLUTELY ALL of the best gear, you’d only be able to get 15 warriors and 15 mages.

Around 20 should be max what people can get.

Hi Ram.
Thanks for this great patch ! :slight_smile:
Now that all 5 acts are complete, could you please tell us how much skill points/attributes we are supposed to earn from quests and from leveling ? I didn’t reset each time all my char and I don’t know if they are correct.
Thanks for your time.

Ram maybe add a torrent for bigger updates?It doesn’t bother me took me 10min to download but a lot of people have slow net and can’t dl as it drops.

Now on to some better news ty for this mod and act 5 is done so i can start and invest some time into it.So guess balancing are gonna start soon :smiley: ty for this great mod

Man why no one warned me of shrines that summon bosses.Almost died in den of evil cause they spawned on meh good thing i can run like a baws in the face of danger :grin:

312 from leveling
12 from quests on all 3 difficulties

My upload speed isn’t the best for seeding so I’d just split the file in 2 parts once I get a report of someone being unable to download from the current links.

I think the minions should only hit a max 15 once you can manage the eventual 60/20 cap. As a test I made a char with the best gear and runs, having 19 skeleton warriors and 19 skeleton mages is actually far too many.

Edit: just as a test I fired up MSI Afterburner. 19 warriors, 19 mages, oak sage and merc knocks my FPS to under 50 in this mod while in regular Grim Dawn, 10 skeletons, 2 hell hounds, skeletal servant AND 6 auras puts me to almost 85FPS with Shadows off.

Make sense was just thinking about some that doesn’t have fast internet.I kinda got the same problem 20mbps dl but only 1.2mbps upload bleek times.

So 324 skill points for a level 100 char all quests completed
And how much attribute points ?

Just a quick question.I am playing a necro/paladin.Now i have smite as my main attack skill.

Question being how does it calculate the damage output.It shows as 0 so does it take the shield damage3 + 200%?For instance my shield are 38 + 200 % for damage and it doesn’t take into account weapon damage at all?

I may be over thinking it but it kinda feel that my weapon serves no purpose.

Sorry if my calculations doesn’t make sense i am not English

Finally! :smiley: Thank you Ram .

Is there any way to enable level scaling in Reign of Terror mod ? ( playing on normal+ )
Mobs around me are dying quickly while getting 0 exp and shitty gear.
their level is lower than mine by 8
In gremillion mod , mobs levels are always scaled to yours , so you will always get good gear and exp.

Upon thinking about it, I’d say that a max of 10 of any one minion type would be sufficient. At 20/20 skill you have 5 and every 8 levels after you get 1 more with 10 minions once you hit 60/20. There is such a thing as too much and really don’t want to have to lower graphics settings just to play this mod, it looks fantastic after the latest update.

Just a quick bug report for you Ram: Mage skeletons are NOT targeting the treasure goblins however the normal melee ones do.

What now Ram? optimization of all skills?