[Deprecated] [Mod] Wanez (Mapping & more Endgame)

Mod is discontinued and I’m currently working on a new mod.

Info post about the upcoming mod.

old mod info if you still dare to try (not updated to the new forum format)

Introduction
The mod started with DGA (a mapping/rifting mod) and became more over time. Everything I have been working on is in this mod. This is mostly an Endgame focused Mod, if you are more into Lore this probably won’t be your cup of tea. However if you enjoy trying new builds and some more Endgame grinding this could be the mod for you. The mod is still being developed and more features are added over time.

I try to keep this mod updated to the most recent Grim Dawn: AoM version and it is as such not guaranteed to work without the Expansion installed. Always keep in mind that updates may take a couple days due to RL stuff. New content can sometimes get released a few times a week or once a month, depending on how much time I can spare for modding.

Download & Information
All Information is on GitHub, as is the complete source of this mod.
GitHub Repo with README for information
GitHub Releases to download the latest version

Plans for the future
Depending on how much I’m going to play the game or how much feedback I’m getting:

• always improving existing content and masteries
  • tougher Content for DGA (Raids)
    [li]more new Items (Legendaries, Components, Augments)[/li][LIST]
  • a new type of Set (after I have enough of the other things, Artifacts have priority for now)
  • new Item Skills

[li]fill each Mastery slot available (I don’t plan on merging other Mastery Mods in)[/li]
[li]more new Monsters (Bosses, Nemesis and unique Monsters)[/li]
[li]more random stuff spawning[/li][/LIST]

Features
This is a small and incomplete list, for more detailed information take a look at the GitHub Repo, because the README is updated each time a new version of the mod is being released.
DGA (Dynamically Generated Areas)

• a mapping/rifting mod with the goal to be similar to PoE Endgame which will give Grim Dawn a replayable Endgame (without starting a new Session)
  • currently it is just an alternative to the Campaign with an additional layer of challenge and difficulty to it
    [li]most of the new content I’m making ends up in there first[/li][LIST]
  • new Monsters
  • new Items
  • new Environments

[/LIST]

Main Campaign

• you are able to spawn more monsters (double/triple the vanilla amount)
  • you are able to make monsters stronger (increased life and damage)
  • the settings are available in Devil’s Crossing at the Jailor
  • Devotion Shrines will always spawn Enemies (they can be togher than what you normally get, it’s rng)

Masteries

• Gunslinger (Dual Pistol Ranged)
  • Conjurer (Summoner - with PoE SRS like pets)
  • Eldritch (Heavy Damage Caster)

Gifts & Treasures

• Planes-Shifters Gift (Leveling Gear) to remove the need to horde every epic/rare that might be useful for leveling
  • Artifacts as the ultimate Item to grind for Endgame

Runic Inscriptions

• Additional Comonents and Augments
  • Vanilla Components with higher stats and higher level requirement
  • combine Components to new Augments

Legendary Crafting

• craft a Legendary by Dismatling lots of Legendaries you have no use for

Strange Creatures & Interactables
Throughout the Campaign or in DGA new creatures and Interactables can spawn
Phasing Beasts

• spawn after killing a certain amount of Monsters in a certain Amount of time
  • the more monsters killed the stronger the Creature that can be spawned
  • they can drop pieces for Runic Inscriptions
  • they can be disabled if you don’t want them

Shrines & Pylons

• you can find shrines to buff you and your party
  • the buffs last 1 minute and can be extended to 5 minutes by gaining Reputation for the friendly DGA Faction

Personal Assistant

• you can get a scroll from a NPC
  • the scroll will summon the Assistant
  • the Assistant can summon merchants, Blacksmiths and Stash as well as salvage common items

Other Mods Included

• I am using part of Omega Mod to Dismantle Legendary items into Legendary Essences (I have extended this to Epics as well, Epics have a chance to result in a Legendary Essence)
  • Stasher: started by rorschachrev and I am using an updated version by tt300

Wow thats reading pretty interesting. Will definitly keep an eye on it!

Nice, I spent a fair amount of time playing various versions of DGA in vanilla, glad to see it back!

Great stuff this mod.
But something is wrong. My maps are completely empty of any enemies and a few missing tags here and there.

thanks for the report

I only have the issue on Normal. Elite and Ultimate are working just fine, so it probably takes a moment to figure out why Normal is so special. Considering the code was not touched in like 6 months and I’m only reading this now :smiley:

EDIT: seems to be an issue with Nemesis spawns, tried elite again with another char without reputation and it’s not working either, if that’s the case I’ll just disable them for now

yeap my map is empty in all difficulties and got some weird shrine spawns :smiley: i think i will wait for the solution

thanks, literally just got it :smiley:

had the wrong folder name for default/vanilla mode in, nothing to do with the scripts, could have gone over those for weeks with no result

gonna check all the different possibilities before I upload it to find out there is something else

Well, this is just awesome. Thank you so much for all the effort and time you’ve invested into this, and then gave it to the community. Much appreciated!

Thanks for all the support.

fix is up and it has to work, now :smiley: and nemesis are still enabled, since they had nothing to do with it.

v1.0.1

• fixed an issue in DGA, where monsters would not spawn in some Modes

Works fine so far. Cheers for the fix mate :wink:

Just wanted to hop on and say that the work so far is pretty amazing! Quick disclaimer, I’m a newer player (just beat the initial campaign in HC for the first time on veteran using your mod last night) and loving the double monster spawns (till I found out it spawned double bosses rofl) and not sure how I ever survived without the utility ghost. He’s amazing. I absolutely love the idea of phase beasts as well, though in normal it seems to spawn only sliths and manticores (might be thankful for that after I see what it spawns in Elite lol)

I ran a few maps as well. I like where they are headed, but the only 2 problems I have right now with them is that they seem a tad empty and a bit long (this could just be that my character isn’t very fast at killing yet, but it took me something like 10 minutes to complete a map). Lots of flat open ground with not much going on. The minimap art for some of these areas took me a little while to decipher as well, but that’s probably just a me thing.

I also ran into a bit of a bug after updating to the newest version. When I use my riftgate in a map, the riftgate for the main area isn’t there, the only way to get back is to complete the map. Also a few parts in the scary underground desert map (lots of sand and darkness) you have to go up walkways close to a wall. These walls completely obscure the camera so I can’t see my character or the monsters. I’ll take a screenshot next time I’m running this particular map in case my explanation isn’t very clear.

Other than that though, fantastic job! Everything seems incredibly stable and well thought out. I was initially worried about the blacksmiths being op, but after seeing their costs I’m glad you gave them a “long haul” cost. A lot of mods just want to throw legendaries in your face every 5 seconds (at least in other games, can’t speak much for GD) until you’re super OP which kills the longevity of the game.

Can’t wait for more updates!

Thanks, I appreciate that :slight_smile:

[…] loving the double monster spawns (till I found out it spawned double bosses rofl)

When I try something in the campaign I keep forgetting to change the spawns and get bored, I might make double spawn as the new baseline and changing it in the setting would result in 4x of Vanilla.
I’m doing this with Lua scripts and they can cause short frezzes, so if the vast majority of players is doing at least double spawns, I might as well make it the base and add some options for bosses.

not sure how I ever survived without the utility ghost. He’s amazing.

I wasn’t sure if it’s a good idea to remove the tediousness of going back and forth to sell, salvage and stash things. But if it causes any Balance issues in the future, I’ll look at the Items rather than the QoL ghost, because I fell in love with him, too :smiley:

I absolutely love the idea of phase beasts as well, though in normal it seems to spawn only sliths and manticores (might be thankful for that after I see what it spawns in Elite lol)

Hehe, there is 5 or so, but for whatever reason the other 3 are not visible, I’ll get back to them eventually, see why they won’t show up and take a look at the new monsters.
You’ll get more to kill soon.

I ran a few maps as well. I like where they are headed, but the only 2 problems I have right now with them is that they seem a tad empty and a bit long (this could just be that my character isn’t very fast at killing yet, but it took me something like 10 minutes to complete a map). Lots of flat open ground with not much going on.

I’m gonna assume you were doing them on Normal, since you mentioned you just cleared Veteran for the first time (Veteran does nothing in DGA, not on purpose it just has nothing exposed to lua, which is what DGA is using to 99%). Ultimate with Affixes should give you plenty of additional monsters, more monsters just because higher Difficulty and Affixes have additional spawn locations and monsters. Maps have ~100 places to spawn monsters only 60% are used without affixes. Especially older maps are massive and 100 locations still leave much room between those (doing the same amount to balance the Scroll drop rates…)
However I can always change the base values and add more Affixes to it :smiley:

The minimap art for some of these areas took me a little while to decipher as well, but that’s probably just a me thing.

it’s what the engine’s world editor creates, I believe Crate is using a Photoshop macro, now that I have PS for work I’ll give that one a go, see what comes out of it.

I also ran into a bit of a bug after updating to the newest version. When I use my riftgate in a map, the riftgate for the main area isn’t there, the only way to get back is to complete the map.

hmm, still works for me. Seeing this… need to fix that tag. There have always been issues with this, no idea why, Riftgates are a bit weird to add, too. The editor doesn’t find them without a few workarounds.

Also a few parts in the scary underground desert map (lots of sand and darkness) you have to go up walkways close to a wall. These walls completely obscure the camera so I can’t see my character or the monsters. I’ll take a screenshot next time I’m running this particular map in case my explanation isn’t very clear.

yep need a screeny, I have a pretty good idea of the spot you mean, but better be sure.
And even than, if it’s the work from someone else I won’t change it right away, I’m gonna talk to that person first.

Other than that though, fantastic job! Everything seems incredibly stable and well thought out. I was initially worried about the blacksmiths being op, but after seeing their costs I’m glad you gave them a “long haul” cost. A lot of mods just want to throw legendaries in your face every 5 seconds (at least in other games, can’t speak much for GD) until you’re super OP which kills the longevity of the game.

I’m trying to keep it a grind and difficult in most places, obviously things will need balancing, so all kinds of feedback is needed to get it right.
I was actually thinking about leaving the Legendary Crafter out of this, but I plan on making a bunch of new items and increasing the pool of drops will also make it more and more difficult to get the right Legendary, so the crafter could soon become a requirement to even have a chance at getting the wanted items.
There is actually an update coming for the crafter.

Can’t wait for more updates!

Update is coming very soon, with more QoL. Things I was also against at first, but feels actually kinda great testing them.

I figured out my issue with the rift Gates… I have my main and user saves symlinked and the map save data wasn’t playing nice with your mod.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hey WareBare. First things first: awesome mod with great ideas. i really like your work :slight_smile: Got a simple question. is it possible for a dude who got absolutely no knowledge in modding to merge your mod with another mastery mod (e. g. Cataclysm or D3)? maybe in an easy/simple way? :grimacing:

Your mod offers me everything i want like the rifts and the campaign, only thing im missing are some cool masterys. thanks again for your work and your help :slight_smile:

greetings
Looty

Got a simple question. is it possible for a dude who got absolutely no knowledge in modding to merge your mod with another mastery mod (e. g. Cataclysm or D3)? maybe in an easy/simple way? :grimacing:

short answer: nope, merging is a pain especially when it comes to masteries…
long answer: from now on I’m just gonna link to
https://github.com/WareBare/WanezToolsGD#4 :smiley:
it should have enough information to decide whether or not you want to actually do this, you don’t have to use the tool, but it takes care of the whole Mastery Enumeration thing. (the tool can set up to slot 40, but only 30 are actually supported by the game right now.)

Your mod offers me everything i want like the rifts and the campaign, only thing im missing are some cool masterys. thanks again for your work and your help :slight_smile:

I don’t know about cool, but I’m currently working on a few Masteries, some of the art stuff is gonna come a bit short, but other than that I’m trying to fill a few slots… fast.

I think gunslinger might be a little op. I’m doing millions of dps and absolutely murder the training dummies with mediocre crafted gear. Pretty much everything dies in 1 hit.

Thanks, I’ll look into it.

Ran a few more maps till I hit the area in question. Took a couple screenshots.

Couldn’t see a thing!

A capture of the minimap. That entire corridor is out of view because of the floor above it and there are a few monster spawns in there as well. Kept me on my toes lol. There may be a few more spots that I seem to recall from the other day, but I didn’t find them this run.

I also found that I am still having the riftgate issue as before, but in reverse. I have your riftgate now, but all the expansion riftgates are invisible on the map (as in, just totally not there) on characters that are definitely not simlinked. I have fixed this issue by first starting the game with a character in the Main campaign (as opposed to custom). I assume that your mod is using the pre-expansion minimap data and if I start it first, the expansion rifts are unavailable to ALL my characters, but your rift is seen (can’t port to it, but it’s there), including ones that have never been in custom before. I’m guessing that Grim Dawn stores the minimap rift locations in memory on the first startup.

Sorry if that’s a little rambly, haven’t had my coffee yet.

yes, that’s the one.
I could remove the Monsters from there or block one side to make it more difficult to run in there accidentally, but it was made by Zaknafein (from these forums) and I don’t want to mess with the design unless absolutely necessary, you could also avoid that corridor (a hint not an excuse, because I see a black spot. iirc there should be stairs).

I also found that I am still having the riftgate issue as before, but in reverse. I have your riftgate now, but all the expansion riftgates are invisible on the map (as in, just totally not there) on characters that are definitely not simlinked. I have fixed this issue by first starting the game with a character in the Main campaign (as opposed to custom). I assume that your mod is using the pre-expansion minimap data and if I start it first, the expansion rifts are unavailable to ALL my characters, but your rift is seen (can’t port to it, but it’s there), including ones that have never been in custom before. I’m guessing that Grim Dawn stores the minimap rift locations in memory on the first startup.

oops, yep forgot to update the dbr :smiley: thanks for letting me know. I’m sure there is more I forgot, only takes one forgotten file to basically break a huge chunk of the AoM Campaign.

And yes, the game stores certain data, so if you ever switch between mods or main and custom, better restart the game (unless it’s to fix my mistakes :eek:).

Do I need to download a texture pack for this mod?

I’m asking because the expanded stash is missing textures. Everything else seems to be working just fine, like summoning the crafter.

Oh and this is the campaign version.