Modding stats while ingame?

Hello everyone! I have recently gotten into modding Grim Dawn, and I was wondering if someone could help me out with this and know if it is feasible or not.

One of the big things I want to do is make it so that I can condense the three difficulties into one play-through. Granting the player a savior’s merit from Jarvis and sending them to Ultimate with some modifications to the mode. As it stands I know how to change enemy stats and player resistances for each difficulty when setting up a mod, but one of the things that has me stumped is how to go about changing the “difficulty” of the game after certain conditions are met.

For example, let’s say that I want to modify the records of the mod after Loghorrean is defeated so that monster stats and player resistances are set up equal to their elite variants. How would I go about doing this? Would I need to make a script in order to permanently change monster stats and resistances across the board after the quest is turned in? I do know it is possible to mimic this by setting up three variants of the mod, one for each difficulty, and switching between them after the conditions are met (as I have recently found out that map and quest data is tied to the character), but I would like to streamline this and make it more enjoyable for both myself and for anyone else who would like to experience the mod.

Thank you for taking the time to reading this and for any help you may offer!

Edit: In case the wording above was confusing, is it possible to call a script that could modify, say balancingadjustment_mp+difficulty_enemies01 in game? Again, thank you for your time.