"Monitor" - A Witch Hunter Build Diary

Oh shit I’m back. Act 6 is posted. Act 7 won’t be nearly as delayed. New POE league kinda blows.

Normal mode is done. I’m going to be working on a ‘soft’ guide of sorts on how I put the build together in tandem with playing through elite mode. No more act-by-act breakdowns, though. The build is more or less ‘complete,’ but if there any deviations, I’ll update early. It may be a while. I just recently discovered how good slams are in POE now so uh. I’m back on that. I also picked up Last Epoch and I want to wring that out. Plus the other junk I’ve gotten (and will get) from the Steam summer sale. I WILL be back sooner than later, though. I only finished the tutorial. I’m just getting started as far as I’m concerned.

WHAT’S THAT? IS THAT A BUILD PROJECT FOR A TERRIBLE SKILL, I HEAR?

why yes i will take this challenge when I’m done here.

real talk, i don’t think it’s possible just because of that long recharge. the other problem is that anything that’d live through a single cast of it is probably immune to confuse. it really looks like it’s supposed to be a one-point wonder utility ability whose utility is useless. it’s possible with enough cdr to make it a ‘thing,’ but it’d definitely be for memes. if there’s a legendary that removes its cooldown or something, i’m way more inclined to try it.

i need to actually use grimtools more, okay. so, this IS actually possible. i mean, it looks straight forward: ignore the tooltip damage and focus on the dot damage bonuses that the items give you. the dot bonuses seem larger than the other ones and it also works better with it having a cooldown. i think the elemental dots also count as ‘elemental damage’ (correct me if i’m wrong) so you do get most of the benefits of the gear.

i’d probably level as a generic fire strike purifier then switch to this once i farm the set. i don’t see why not other than it being a skill that needs way too much support imo.

unfortunate re: the elemental damage thing. but yeah, that was my thought. rimetongue gives bonuses to demo abilities anyway, so might as well take advantage of it, and inquisitor has natural synergy with the tree. purifier is what makes the most sense.

shout outs to Owl suddenly being incredibly relevant.