More support / conversion options for different pet damage types?

I’ve tried a Raven + permanent Primal Spirit set-less build for Lightning damage, and I’ve tried Guardian of Death’s Gates for Vitality Skeletons, but they ended up performing slightly worse than Bysmiel’s Set and Lost Souls set, respectively. The 4-pc set bonuses are just too good to give up, which is a shame since I love experimenting with custom pet build ideas.

Unfortunately, offensive auras cannot provide RR like you’re suggesting, and since Warden’s Judgment converts 100% Physical to Aether and Aethereach converts 100% Elemental to Aether, I doubt we’ll see more conversions to Aether (and sadly you can’t put an item modifier that converts to Aether for Reap Spirit since it would only apply to the player spell and not the Wraiths that spawn from it)

As much as I’d like to see Spellbinder Skeletons become successful, when I tried out the Elemental Skeletons, they’d die super early since there’s no source of healing for them, unless you want to branch out and take Tree of Life, and even then I’d doubt their survivability without any resistances (except for Aether resistance on IEE through Overload). It would take a lot of balancing to get the resistances right while providing some sort of offense to make going Spellbinder worth it (IEE only gives Elemental damage, so for starters you’d need a modifier that gives Aether damage on IEE, and considering how strong flat damage is for melee Spellbinders, I doubt we’d see that sort of buff).

TLDR: It’s hard to figure out what would buff Aether pets specifically without giving non-pet Aether builds an unintended big boost, but I welcome suggestions in the form of item modifiers that might push them towards the right direction.

2 Likes

You could look at something like Aether Defiler Skeletons (+few extra summons)

Why Demo?

• aether RR
  • heavy investment in FB for 33% miss for another layer to help skeletons survive (in addition to 26% Omen)
  • FT/temper for more flat

Could use conduit for more RR to omen, but I’m curious if heal to DW pendant CotG also impacts pets…

Sorry, but @Boromonokli has given me lifelong PTSD on Skeleton Defilers.

So, someone else will have to test that one :scorv:

What can I say? I like the idea of not having to use bone harvest, I have a spare halfway-leveled defiler who could swap over to warden’s club, but I can’t figure out why you go Giant’s Blood instead of a more standard tree of life + ishtak setup?

also, @Maya Did I see it right? The aether spirits diviner works even with the “wasted” vitality half and the cold to vitality penalty?

It ‘works’, yes. But there is a reason why I haven’t made a build post for aether Reap Spirits. It is as meme-y as you’d expect.

Aha. Bit more detail on skeletons: I like how clean the aether pet devo route is compared to fire and that it uses fewer skills. The lack of vitality to aether conversion sucks though. There is vitality to elemental in very small amounts out there, and vitality to fire for skellies only on a conduit, but that’s it. Might have to wait until 1.2.0.0.

1 Like

Just for a little more regen + health + another pet. It could turn out to be an inferior path.

Edit:
Theoretically with Eye of Dominion (and obscene greens) you could get to a relatively high-health/regen and resist skeletons :thinking:

(re: this chest piece - I might be wrong, but I think chest + boots =50% pet slow resist could make a difference)

1 Like

hahaha, that eye of dominon gear setup is waaay off into lalala-fantasyland.

Yes, it is good for a laugh. :laughing: (I almost never commit to affixes…but this one had soo many greens for a fantasy fun time)

:thinking: We definitely need more, and a lot of the conversions right now are not all complete

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.